Saturdays Royal Wedding.Anyone Really So Excited That They Can't Contain Themselves?

Nope,

The royals don't even have any power anymore and so they're just actors. lol

"i met Harry in 2003. Harry, hosting his own soiree in the VIP room, invited me. the school boy prince should have been studying, instead he was determined to have fun. engaging and likeable i remember a mischievous glint in his eye.

since then, i have watched him evolve from a sometimes wayward royal into an impressive young man.

Today, Harry has never looked happier. Meghan will become the first mixed-race woman to marry into the royal family.

Diana would be thrilled to see her son breaking the royal mold just as she did. it was diana who her sons to marry for love and Harry has followed her advice."

Harry has chosen a commoner for a wife just like William did. royal history is being written!
It is much less notable that Meghan is the "first mixed-race woman to marry into the royal family" (actually, that is unknown), than it is that she is the first AMERICAN to marry into England's royal family.

I think the boys are nice, the byproduct of the short time Diana had with them
They bring royalty out of the stuffy era.

'British traditionalists'

Ddgx9ryXcAALAls.jpg
Political causes have been embedded in British kings and queens for centuries. There are far more of them who were heavily involved politically, than uninvolved. Many British kings, while a king, fought in wars, and even wore armor in peacetime, just as casual dress.

th
King William III (William of Orange)
upload_2018-5-19_0-22-16.jpeg
King James II

:abgg2q.jpg: :5_1_12024: :CryingCow: Is the leftist media going to cover this as if it was just as exciting as a superbowl or a game 7 of the world serious? Is 75% of All Americans just so full of excitement and anticipation of this wedding that they have to go to the bathroom about once an hour?
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Actually this was brought up on Fox last night. Even the host who brought up this wedding agreed that all of the "Fake Hype" over this wedding was pretty fake.
Well at least Joy Blowhard will be so excited that this will be all she will talking about on The View come Monday.
So anyway,,,how excited are we over this wedding? are we all gonna stay home and cancell our usual Saturday Plans?
:haha: :flirtysmile4: :cul2:

The royal wedding is so fucking boring that it's actually as exciting as an NFL game.

It could be argued the the royals are less deserving of attention than a celebrity. Like them or not, most celebrities have had to work hard, train hard, or do something else hard to achieve celebrity status.

Your status as a royal is based solely on the vagina out of which the obstetrician yanked you.

b68d8b20-a956-4586-9909-b047dce5a8db_1.f47292ea4585b0d7b2f70404d680b64c.jpeg

It could be argued the the royals are less deserving of attention than a celebrity. Like them or not, most celebrities have had to work hard, train hard, or do something else hard to achieve celebrity status.

Your status as a royal is based solely on the vagina out of which the obstetrician yanked you.
In most cases, yeah, but none of that is what is paramount here. What is really the focus is 1000 years of England history, intermixed with the current. Harry was a soldier in he British army and went into combat for 2 years when he didn't have to. That's notable, but this isn't about what people had to do, or didn't have to do.

It's just the major historical flow of it all, through centuries of England life, and that an AMERICAN is entering it, for the first time.

Also, you are WRONG about the vagina thing. Quite a few British royals were not from the royal family line, and many weren't even British. King William III was from Holland. Another, King George I (from Germany), didn't even speak a word of English. Knowing the history of the monarchs is key to understanding the significance of it all.

If one isn't aware of all that history, they probably wouldn't take much note of all this. It so happens I have studied, the history of the country, that our US culture (more than anything else) springs forth from. Very interesting to see what has made us Americans what we are. Example: the 1688 "Declaration of the Rights of Man", and the "English Bill of Rights" (foundation of our US Constitution)

The rise of parliamentary (and thus, people) power, limitation of monarchs, and establishment of democracy. Few things in history are more interesting, than the history of England, and its monarchs. Just the music of England alone, is an awesome thing.

Nothing New About a Foreigner Becoming British Royalty

:hellno:

The royal wedding = extremely boring + highly overrated + huge waste of time to watch.

Watching paint dry would still be more exciting.

It is 4:10 AM EST. Wedding coverage has started on CBS. Just the scenery
showing a
round Windsor Castle, is worth watching. It is beautiful, impressive, and a really nice thing to see, after all the crummy stuff we ordinarily get on news reports.

If I had to come up with a word for it, I'd say >> Refreshing.

large.jpg

Last edited:
Big thanks to CBS for their excellent coverage of the wedding event. Easily one of the best TV shows of the year. And certainly UNIQUE. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back