Satellites earth is nearly in its 21st-year without global warming

Yet based on a short term historical raise in temperatures you do conclude that warming is man made and it will continue
Based on the predicted effects of greenhouse gases and the observed temperature increases I accept the scientific consensus that human activity emitted greenhouse gases are the primary driver of climate change.

Yes, it's a religion to the left

It's a religion to the Southern Baptists as well. I wouldn't call them the left:

A Southern Baptist Declaration on the Environment and Climate Change Southern Baptist Environment and Climate Initiative

Hilarious. The US is the globe. Well it is exceptional after all...

Hilarious how GW fear mongers will just press the answer button regardless if relevant or not.

The question was about the US temperatures having shown a decline. That was what was asked that is what was answered.

cnm denies they have declined

In fairness the same site reports that the temperature anomaly of global land and ocean temperatures have risen over the same time period. But I have to wonder, why average temperature for the US and anomaly for the globe.

This is the original post to which US temperature records was a response.
Pity the poor deniers. Their "hiatus" scam was debunked, but they're still desperately cherrypicking anything they find, vainly trying to cling to it. Comical. And sad. But then, if they didn't deny all the actual data, they wouldn't be deniers.

Back in the real world, 2014 was the warmest year on record, and 2015 will almost certainly be even warmer. The "there's no warming!" position is too loony for even deniers to hold, so most of them are retreating to "but ... but ... it's a natural cycle!".
When really they're retreating to 'but...but...some parts were cooler'.

Pity the poor deniers. Their "hiatus" scam was debunked, but they're still desperately cherrypicking anything they find, vainly trying to cling to it. Comical. And sad. But then, if they didn't deny all the actual data, they wouldn't be deniers.

Back in the real world, 2014 was the warmest year on record, and 2015 will almost certainly be even warmer. The "there's no warming!" position is too loony for even deniers to hold, so most of them are retreating to "but ... but ... it's a natural cycle!".

But 2014 was not the warmest year on record. In fact, 2014 set new records of snow and cold temps in many areas.

Cold year 2014 USA temperature record lows outpace record highs nearly 2-1 Watts Up With That

Papal Nonsense Human Events

Tell Pope Francis Global Warming Is Not a Crisis Heartland Institute

Will someone please turn this douche bag into Chinese food already?

Mamooth can't ever produce a single logically coherent sentence to support her global warming beliefs, but she sure can heap on the trash talk.

Everything you stated above is false and utterly ignorant. The theory of Gravity was largely usurped by General Relativity. You are a hopeless idiot.

I will ignore until some adults enter the conversation.

Awww. Poor baby is upset because his stupid "There's no settled science!" cult talking point got laughed at. And aside from those cult mantras, he's got nuthin'.

There is plenty of science settled enough. We don't know fully how viruses work, but we still make vaccines. Only a cult kook would think that not knowing every last detail means we know nothing and can't take any action.

Also, you need some help with basic math. The USA is less than 2% of the earth's surface. As the measurements have shown, the USA cooled a bit, the rest of the world warmed, so the global average went up. A second grader could grasp that, yet it seems beyond your capability. Given your lack of logical and mathematical ability, you really shouldn't be bothering the grownups, at least not until you learn how an average works.

These Not enough science!!!!!!!! people are out of the same crowd that want the pseudo-science of Intelligent Design taught as a competing theory to Evolution.

Warmist on record, where?
Here in California.

Now granted maybe California had a warm year, I don't know cause I can find the data, maybe you can help. But for the continential US the facts paint a different picture. The following is from a NOAA site, it seems to me that 2014 was not even close to the warmist in recorded history. I count 13 warmer in the last 15.

View attachment 44800

Climate at a Glance National Centers for Environmental Information NCEI

Every surface data set. NASA-GISS, NOAA, the British Met's HADCRUT, the Japanese Meteorological Agency, all of them. And they all use independent methods.

And if anyone claims a global conspiracy, they need to go sit at the kiddie table and not bother the grownups with such stupid babbling.

I provided a NOAA site that shows that the continental US has not warmed in at least the last decade. Are they lying? You provided what? Your opinion?

You misunderstand, because you don't know anything about science. You have to adjust the data to reflect hidden warming. For example:

Raw data:

raw_data.png

Adjusted data:

adjusted.png

Here in California.

Now granted maybe California had a warm year, I don't know cause I can find the data, maybe you can help. But for the continential US the facts paint a different picture. The following is from a NOAA site, it seems to me that 2014 was not even close to the warmist in recorded history. I count 13 warmer in the last 15.

View attachment 44800

Climate at a Glance National Centers for Environmental Information NCEI

Every surface data set. NASA-GISS, NOAA, the British Met's HADCRUT, the Japanese Meteorological Agency, all of them. And they all use independent methods.

And if anyone claims a global conspiracy, they need to go sit at the kiddie table and not bother the grownups with such stupid babbling.

I provided a NOAA site that shows that the continental US has not warmed in at least the last decade. Are they lying? You provided what? Your opinion?

You misunderstand, because you don't know anything about science. You have to adjust the data to reflect hidden warming. For example:

Raw data:

raw_data.png

Adjusted data:

adjusted.png

Very good!! Now I can see it, Stupid is as stupid does.

But 2014 was not the warmest year on record. In fact, 2014 set new records of snow and cold temps in many areas,
Stop, stop, my ribs.

For gods' sakes, have the human decency to warn us before posting local temperatures when discussing global warming so we have time to put on our corsets.

This is the original post to which US temperature records was a response.

When really they're retreating to 'but...but...some parts were cooler'.

yes, and the global warming crowd was so terrible at predictions they fixed themselves by renaming themselves the climate change crowd while not getting any better at actually predicting anything

yes, and the global warming crowd was so terrible at predictions they fixed themselves by renaming themselves the climate change crowd while not getting any better at actually predicting anything
That's the best you've got after being shown observed trends are within the lower range of predictions? A label change and denial? No data, no predictions, no global observations.

Oh well, nothing new there.

Finally some good news to report, and yes GW is political.

After September of this year, the Earth will be entering its 21st year without statistically significant warming trend, according to satellite-derived temperature data.

Since September 1994, University of Alabama in Huntsville’s satellite temperature data has shown no statistically significant global warming trend. For over 20 years there’s been no warming trend apparent in the satellite records and will soon be entering into year 21 with no warming trend apparent in satellite data — which examines the lowest few miles of the Earth’s atmosphere.

Read more: The Earth Has Entered Its 21st Year Without Global Warming The Daily Caller

It's the calm before the storm. While warming trends have slowed, they have not stopped. The earth is not cooling right now, it's just not getting warmer as fast. There are explanations for this. What we do know is that the ocean levels are still rising, and there is more. Cooler Pacific Ocean Temperatures Might Explain Global Warming Hiatus

Forum List

Back