Sarah Palin's Bizarre Iowa Speech Gets Thanks

I didn't miss it. I didn't need to refer to it to make my point.

Well, she doesn't really even try to connect to those types, but I imagine to her, those cats are the ones who are out of touch.

If she isn't trying to connect with anyone outside the Tea Party conservative base, she isn't fit for national office. And being the idol of that particular group is a picture perfect explanation of what her limitations are.

I wasn't speaking of whether or not she was electable, I was addressing the misconception that she is stupid. Quite a few people have no chance of winning -- Like William Jefferson Clinton, until he caught fire because he played a saxophone.

;)

Well, she doesn't really even try to connect to those types, but I imagine to her, those cats are the ones who are out of touch.

If she isn't trying to connect with anyone outside the Tea Party conservative base, she isn't fit for national office. And being the idol of that particular group is a picture perfect explanation of what her limitations are.

I wasn't speaking of whether or not she was electable, I was addressing the misconception that she is stupid. Quite a few people have no chance of winning -- Like William Jefferson Clinton, until he caught fire.
Compared to most people at that level of politics (she ran for VP and plenty of RWs want her for Prez), she is stupid. Compared to the general population, she's not 'stupid.' But she does not have what it takes, mentally or emotionally, to be a realistic national candidate. That's why people mock her, because she puts herself out at the national level of political discourse, and that makes her look stupid.

MC....

Your facts about what Palin did with oil companies in Alaska are cool and all. It seems she found a way to negotiate with Democrats in her state to oppose big oil and increase taxes on oil companies. Admirable.

However......I'm sitting here thinking about her contribution to American politics since McCain hired her.....and I'm at a loss for finding evidence that she's got more to offer. If she does.....when is she going to let us in on it?

You say she is "probably not" qualified to run the country. After the past 6 years.....where does that "probably" come from? It's kind of a crazy thing for you to say.

MAD_CABBIE SAID:

“Despite at times appearing to be a dingbat and a teaper blowhard, I really feel that she connects with people on a very personal level.
She will often stand up to the GOP and that's always a good thing, seems to me that you could appreciate that.”

It's not 'at times,' she's consistently a dingbat and TPM blowhard; and she connects with fellow members of the TPM and other republican on the extreme, ridiculous right – to knowledgeable, thinking Americans she's correctly perceived as a partisan dullard.

MAD_CABBIE SAID:

“Sarah P does not actually strike me as a stupid person.”

Likely because she isn't stupid – but she is ignorant; and she revels in that ignorance and the ignorance she shares with other members of the TPM. Indeed, ignorance is the fundamental tenet of the Movement, to eschew facts and the truth and 'go with one's gut,' all any American needs to know is his job and his bible and all other knowledge is superfluous and irrelevant.

Palin and the TPM perfectly represent the 'dumbing down' of America.

I wasn't speaking of whether or not she was electable, I was addressing the misconception that she is stupid. Quite a few people have no chance of winning -- Like William Jefferson Clinton, until he caught fire because he played a saxophone.

;)
Fortunately, not only does he play the sax, he is brilliant: the antithesis of Palin.

She reminds me of this guy, only she's mean spirited:
jethro_bodine.jpg

If she were this guy, there would be some reason to take her seriously:

jed-clampett-beverly-hillbillies.jpg

Last edited:
MC....

Your facts about what Palin did with oil companies in Alaska are cool and all. It seems she found a way to negotiate with Democrats in her state to oppose big oil and increase taxes on oil companies. Admirable.

However......I'm sitting here thinking about her contribution to American politics since McCain hired her.....and I'm at a loss for finding evidence that she's got more to offer. If she does.....when is she going to let us in on it?

You say she is "probably not" qualified to run the country. After the past 6 years.....where does that "probably" come from? It's kind of a crazy thing for you to say.

Yes and when I'm the Dem's side of an issue (which is quite frequently) the right says the exact same thing.

It's a crazy thing to say, if you disagree with it on its face, correct.

Fortunately, not only does he play the sax, he is brilliant: the antithesis of Palin.

Bill was so incredibly brilliant that he (along with house Republicans) worked together to help deregulate the banking industry, which almost sank our economy and caused one of the worst recessions since the 20's, got it.

MC....

Yes and when I'm the Dem's side of an issue (which is quite frequently) the right says the exact same thing.

It's a crazy thing to say, if you disagree with it on its face, correct.

No....no.....no. That is bullshit and a cop out. I'm not talking about sides of an issue. I'm talking about Sarah Palin and her failure.....for 6 years running....to demonstrate a high level of intelligence or any qualities that would lead an intelligent orson to believe that she could ever lead this nation.

Bill was so incredibly brilliant that he (along with house Republicans) worked together to help deregulate the banking industry, which almost sank our economy and caused one of the worst recessions since the 20's, got it.

President Clinton was wrong to do that. I think he'd admit that, in hindsight. In fact....he's done just that.

Palin....on the other hand....would most certainly deregulate the banking industry even further.

whoa,

She was only a mayor and then voted in as Governor with an 80% approval rating. But they deem her not FIT for office

So a junior Senator of Congress of only 144 DAYS is what they DEEM fit for the office.

gawd help us all with these SNOBS voting for our lives. Look what they put with a no experience community agitator no one ever heard of, Obama. He lost them the most seats ever in Congress under his reign of terror, yet Palin isn't fit for office.

No....no.....no. That is bullshit and a cop out. I'm not talking about sides of an issue. I'm talking about Sarah Palin and her failure.....for 6 years running....to demonstrate a high level of intelligence or any qualities that would lead an intelligent orson to believe that she could ever lead this nation.

What's a cop-out? I offered up my opinion; what is there for me to cop out of?

whoa,

She was only a mayor and then voted in as Governor with an 80% approval rating. But they deem her not FIT for office

So a junior Senator of Congress of only 144 DAYS is what they DEEM fit for the office.

gawd help us all with these SNOBS voting for our lives. Look what they put with a no experience community agitator no one ever heard of, Obama. He lost them the most seats ever in Congress under his reign of terror, yet Palin isn't fit for office.

And yet she quit barely two years in...and by 2011 couldn't get elected dogcatcher of Wasila.

No, she's not fit for office. She's a two bit grifter looking for the next buck. She should run with Donald Trump and make it official.

I like Sarah P and I believe that she has a lot more to offer than just campy chortles of hack-knee'd, over-the-top, one-liners.

Based on nothing but your perception? She's never offered anything beyond just what you described...and barroom type brawls.

I offered my opinion, you disagree? I'm shocked.

I'm sorry I shocked you, but you still haven't provided anything to support your claim that she has more to offer.

What's a cop-out? I offered up my opinion; what is there for me to cop out of?

Your cop out was claiming that I called your comment crazy simply because I don't agree. That's not the case.

Here's the man you deem FIT for office.

SNIP:
Our President Can Walk and Chew (Nicotine) Gum at the Same Time

January 26, 2015 - 2:28 pm

President Obama was caught on camera chewing gum again. It’s either the president has this “man of the people,” working-class hero thing going, showing us what a regular guy he is
net worth: $12.2 million), or he gets major-league nic fits and can’t wait an hour or two until he can find a little more private space to either light up or chew his Nicorette.

Is Barack Obama a pack-a-day smoker? My expert analysis (I’ve been smoking for 45 years) of the president’s behavior indicates someone who is not “nicotine free” as his spokesman claims. If he was, he wouldn’t need a smoking-cessation aid at this point.

Obama emerged from his car chomping away on the gum. Couldn’t he have grabbed a quick butt in his armored car? That would have carried him over until the parade was over. Of course, he may be smoking on the sly, trying to keep his wife from knowing about his backsliding. But any non-smoker who lives with a smoker knows if their spouse has smoked in the last 24 hours. That smell just doesn’t go away.

So why try to fool the rest of us?

all of it here:

Our President Can Walk and Chew Nicotine Gum at the Same Time PJ Tatler

The Palin Crash and Burn was Epic!!!

Conservatives hung their heads in embarrassment.

Even Dems are feeling sorry for her.

Pills?

Booze?

You're full of shit! Sarah still has it. Iowans love her. America loves her. That was a great speech before the convention. I could listen to her for hours.

Maybe Iowans do love her. America? Not so much.
Political Figures P

whoa,

Palins only accomplishment was PTA President

whoa,

And yet she quit barely two years in...and by 2011 couldn't get elected dogcatcher of Wasila.

No, she's not fit for office. She's a two bit grifter looking for the next buck. She should run with Donald Trump and make it official.

You're a liar. how can you stand yourself after you put a man like Obama and these people Biden, Hillary, Jon Kerry. None of them were a Governor of a state and only accomplishments they have is being A CAREER politician. . ?

You uppity snobs are scary you vote for our lives

whoa,

You're a liar. how can you stand yourself after you put a man like Obama and these people Biden, Hillary, Jon Kerry. None of them were a Governor of a state and only accomplishments they have is being A CAREER politician. . ?

You uppity snobs are scary you vote for our lives

Don't you mean none of them quit two years in when it got too hard...or there wasn't enough cash in it?

I will simply never understand why the rightwing still defends Palin. I mean what do you get out of it? There is nothing credible about Palin being in high office. She is a joke. A complete and utter joke.

I'm not a big fan of her politically, but the biggest thing about her I personally admire is the grace she handles the misogynistic, vitriol of the left, particularly the self victimizing women in the Democratic party who rationalize their pathetic overtly sex based hatred.

You think she is graceful?

equivocation fallacy

Forum List

Back