Sarah Palin Compares Grassroots Conservatives To Battered Women

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5676e92b160000b300eb94df.jpeg

"It’s time to kick our abusers out of the House, change the locks, and keep a loaded shotgun next to the bed."

Well, this is one hell of an analogy.

In a guest column Saturday on Breitbart, Sarah Palin likened GOP lawmakers backing the federal spending bill to domestic abusers battering their wives.

"The GOP establishment in Congress is our abuser," the former Republican Alaska governor wrote of the relationship between Republican lawmakers and conservative voters. "We can’t hide the black eyes any more. The whole neighborhood knows ... But like a battered wife, we keep going back because every four years they bring us flowers, beg our forgiveness, and swear they’ll never hit us again."

The head-scratching comparison comes after Congress avoided another government shutdown Friday by reaching an agreement on a $1.8 trillion spending bill. Much to Palin's dismay, the bill secured funding for Planned Parenthood, the Affordable Care Act, tax benefits promoting renewable energy and protections for refugees.

More: Sarah Palin Compares Grassroots Conservatives To Battered Women

Poor Sarah still spewing nonsense. She talks about "battered women" while whining that Planned Parenthood was funded - which helps protect women.

Predicted responses from USMB RWs: Either:

(A) "Nobody takes Sarah Palin* seriously anymore"
or
(B) :lalala: "Is there a thread here? I don't see no stinkin' thread here"
or
(C) The usual kneejerk Shoot the Messenger ploy

*Equally applicable to Ann Coulter, Michelle Bachmann, or any of the other girls in the Party whenever they say something untenable.

Again, at some point John McCain has to atone for bringing this walking pestilence to the national stage.

Palin is a Trump with better hair and a set of tits.

Predicted responses from USMB RWs: Either:

(A) "Nobody takes Sarah Palin* seriously anymore"
or
(B) :lalala: "Is there a thread here? I don't see no stinkin' thread here"
or
(C) The usual kneejerk Shoot the Messenger ploy

*Equally applicable to Ann Coulter, Michelle Bachmann, or any of the other girls in the Party whenever they say something untenable.
Do you have an opinion on the topic Palin addressed, or are you only interested in predicting what others might say?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz ripped into Republican Gov. Scott Walker's record Wednesday during a round-table discussion on women's issues at the Milwaukee Athletic Club. The Florida congresswoman said: "Scott Walker has given women the back of his hand. I know that is stark. I know that is direct. But that is reality." Wasserman Schultz added: "What Republican tea party extremists like Scott Walker are doing is they are grabbing us by the hair and pulling us back. It is not going to happen on our watch."

Guy Benson - DWS: Scott Walker's Record is Equivalent to Physically Abusing Women

Forum List

Back