Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

My neighbor owns a restaurant franchise with 20 restaurants. He is a multi millionaire.
He found a 900K mortgage on his house that was maybe worth 600K if that.
The house is across the street from me vacant for 3 years because he dumped it, they foreclosed on it and his wife bought another home bigger and better for 385K a mile down the road.
That is the majority of the problem as the 900K represents 4 of the unqualified buyers in total dollars of foreclosed mortgages. Go to California and up north the % is about 7 or 8 to 1.

This is because they are well educated.

Wrong. It's because they are all sucking on the government tit. A college faculty is like a private club where the current members can keep out whomever they don't like. Once the leftists get control of it, no one on the right is ever admitted again. It has nothing to do with the quality of your education.

Are you saying that a person with a PhD is not well educated?
And your club analogy is just plain stupidity and paranoia.

In my experience, a person with a PhD is extremely well-educated . . . in one narrow field. And they tend to be unable to wipe their own asses without a diagram and instructions from Houston Control otherwise. There's a reason why universities employ slews of secretaries and assistants: so they can bring the PhDs in out of the rain so they don't drown.

i definitely want my 7yo to go to college. i bet most parents want the same. i wonder what people would say if a president said something like...

"well, not everybody needs to have the opportunity to go to college."

I want my kids to go to whichever school allows them to train for the career that would make them happy. I certainly don't want them to go to college and rack up enormous debts for themselves if what they really want in life is to be an auto mechanic or an electrician or something like that.

And what the hell's wrong with technical trades, may I ask? I believe THAT would be the source of Santorum's "snobbery" comment: why does Obama think the only valid education and career training comes from colleges?

Has Obama said that?

Uh, yeah, Einstein. That would be what "everyone should go to college" means: that only college is valid and worthwhile.

Just how obtuse and illiterate are you willing to make yourself appear in service to Obama, anyway?

Wrong. It's because they are all sucking on the government tit. A college faculty is like a private club where the current members can keep out whomever they don't like. Once the leftists get control of it, no one on the right is ever admitted again. It has nothing to do with the quality of your education.

In my experience, a person with a PhD is extremely well-educated . . . in one narrow field. And they tend to be unable to wipe their own asses without a diagram and instructions from Houston Control otherwise. There's a reason why universities employ slews of secretaries and assistants: so they can bring the PhDs in out of the rain so they don't drown.

You are about as naive and gullible as they come if you believe that.
My father earned his PHD after he was a Captain USMC in WWII. He landed at Tinnian and Saipan, took those islands and his troop carrier was hit by a kamikazee offloading his troops at Okinawa.
He received his PHD in education at Cornell in 1948 and was called back for active duty for Korea as he was in the reserves. He taught college many years and worked for the College Etrance Examination Board. One of the things he did was go into high schools in Alabama and Tennessee and make sure blacks were allowed to take the SAT as they were banned from it. He and Ben Cameron and Ben Gibson. Look it up. Those dudes were scared of NO ONE.
Dad lettered in 4 sports in 1939-42 at Guilford College before he went to the Pacific.
He and most of other folks that I know that have a PHD do and have done the ass kicking and take names doing it.
You have it ass backerds on this one.
You listen to Rush and Sean too much. Hint: THEY LIE FOR RATINGS.

No. I'm saying that if parents have to pay higher taxes to support a bunch of lay-abouts who want to party for 4 years, then a lot of them won't have money to pay for things like orthodontia for their kids.

Why do you hate education?

Why do you hate children who only want to have straight teeth?

Do turds like you think this argument convinces anyone of anything?

Ah, so you do hate educated people!

I want my kids to go to whichever school allows them to train for the career that would make them happy. I certainly don't want them to go to college and rack up enormous debts for themselves if what they really want in life is to be an auto mechanic or an electrician or something like that.

And what the hell's wrong with technical trades, may I ask? I believe THAT would be the source of Santorum's "snobbery" comment: why does Obama think the only valid education and career training comes from colleges?

Has Obama said that?

Uh, yeah, Einstein. That would be what "everyone should go to college" means: that only college is valid and worthwhile.

Just how obtuse and illiterate are you willing to make yourself appear in service to Obama, anyway?

It's perhaps revealing that you use Einstein as an insult in a thread about education.

Did he say
everyone should go to college
?

You are about as naive and gullible as they come if you believe that.
My father earned his PHD after he was a Captain USMC in WWII. He landed at Tinnian and Saipan, took those islands and his troop carrier was hit by a kamikazee offloading his troops at Okinawa.
He received his PHD in education at Cornell in 1948 and was called back for active duty for Korea as he was in the reserves. He taught college many years and worked for the College Etrance Examination Board. One of the things he did was go into high schools in Alabama and Tennessee and make sure blacks were allowed to take the SAT as they were banned from it. He and Ben Cameron and Ben Gibson. Look it up. Those dudes were scared of NO ONE.
Dad lettered in 4 sports in 1939-42 at Guilford College before he went to the Pacific.
He and most of other folks that I know that have a PHD do and have done the ass kicking and take names doing it.
You have it ass backerds on this one.
You listen to Rush and Sean too much. Hint: THEY LIE FOR RATINGS.

Cecilie's suggestion that educated people are unable to operate on a practical level is often raised as a self-defence mechanism to compensate for their own feelings of inadequacy.
I've seen it many times.

Her use of 'Einstein' as a pejorative just confirms it.

Last edited:
Has Obama said that?

It's perhaps revealing that you use Einstein as an insult in a thread about education.

Did he say
?

In his address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday, President Barack Obama called for every American to pursue some form of education beyond high .
school

College for all: Is Obama's goal attainable? - US news - Education - msnbc.com

Maybe MSNBC made that up? Wouldn't be the first time. :doubt:

Did he say
?

In his address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday, President Barack Obama called for every American to pursue some form of education beyond high .
school

College for all: Is Obama's goal attainable? - US news - Education - msnbc.com

Maybe MSNBC made that up? Wouldn't be the first time. :doubt:

Chanel, I just can't find a quote saying that everyone should (or as some on here are interpreting him - 'must') go to college.

Even following your link doesn't have him saying anything about everyone going to college - you might be right, it might just be a MSNBC interpretation of his statements.

Trade negotiations?

It's negotiating what kind of tariffs (taxes) it will impose on its subjects. So, no, that doesn't qualify.

What?
Negotiating with other countries to open up their market to US companies?
It sounds pretty useful to me.

What does the government use as bargaining chips? It uses tariffs on products Americans import. That is, it uses taxes imposed by force on Americans as bargaining chips.

Whether it's "useful" or not isn't the subject of this debate. It's force, pure and simple.

It's negotiating what kind of tariffs (taxes) it will impose on its subjects. So, no, that doesn't qualify.

What?
Negotiating with other countries to open up their market to US companies?
It sounds pretty useful to me.

What does the government use as bargaining chips? It uses tariffs on products Americans import. That is, it uses taxes imposed by force on Americans as bargaining chips.

Whether it's "useful" or not isn't the subject of this debate. It's force, pure and simple.
I can see this discussion going around in circles.
I can't be bothered getting into it any further.
Your general contention is that governments are at best inept and at worst malevolent.

How depressing.

Santorum is planning ahead to a future where we need uneducated Americans to work for less than minimum wage in order to keep the 1% comfy.

Obama is wanting to compete on the world stage. He's remembering a time when parents wanted their children to have a better life than hey had and he wants to see that USA strong again. He wants to go from 22% of our students graduating from college to something more like the figure that Norway and North Korea enjoy. President Obama must be stopped from this horrid future of education and intelligence he has for us.

Santorum is right. We'll always be able to work for Norwegians or North Koreans. And, heck, for those who aren't lucky enough to get those cushy jobs, they can always work as greeters at WalMart or burger flippers at McDonald's. No doubt about it, Santorum is just trying to make sure we all have jobs in the future.

Forum List

Back