Sandy VS Katrina

Sandy is hitting a metropolitian area of some 12 million people.

Katrina hit a metropolitian area of less than 2 million.

But it is nice to compare how pro-active President Obama is being compared to the indifference of President Bush, eh?

(This is what you are really upset about, right?)

Again, I said nothing about presidential reaction, or about being upset.
I merely posted some facts.
Why did you jump to that conclusion?

Why are you making comparisons at all?

Katrina was essentially the end of the Bush Presidency. Nothing he said or did really mattered after that point. Should have turned in his resignation that day. Even his own aids admit that.

Obama, on the other hand, has been right on top of this. Even Chris Christy has been singing his praises. He's rendered the Norquist argument that government should be small enough to drown on a bathtub ridiculous.
You are yet another person that jumps to politics and attacks.
This thread was started in General Discussion, not a political forum.

sadist like batboy/ mountainman/alan1 just enjoy the suffering.....that is why he is looking forward to the pics of the suffering....

plus being a total fucking idiot....he leaves out the effects of the jet stream and the nor' easter.....you cant just quote the hurricane stats what fucking idiot in all ways

stupid and sadistic is not a good combo

Since you want to take this off topic, and I know you collect skulls and bones............
I now own four human skulls, my latest bone acquisitions include an entire (and complete) juvenile wooly mammoth lower jaw and the tusk of a juvenile wooly mammoth. I'm thinking that I might hire somebody to build a custom display case to hold the pair.

You may now carry on with your random insults, innuendos and false claims.
Love you bunches,
alan1

Sandy - Cat1 Hurricane (Tropical storm strength at land fall)
Katrina - Cat5 Hurricane (Cat3 at landfall)

Sandy - Sustained winds 80mph at landfall
Katrina - Sustained winds 125mph at landfall

Sandy - 55 mph winds 170 miles from the center
Katrina - 85 mph winds 120 miles from the center.

170 plus 170 equals 900?

Sandy, at 900 Miles Wide, Batters the East Coast - Businessweek

Yes, it was over 900 miles wide, but 55 mph sustained winds extended 170 miles from the center, not 450 miles from the center.
Try to keep up.

And Katrina covered a quarter of the US with snow?

I rode this storm out in the barrier island it made landfall in. I didn't go through Katrina so I don't know, but I doubt this was even in the same league.

That being said though, south Jersey especially the barrier islands are just FUCKED.

Yes, it was over 900 miles wide, but 55 mph sustained winds extended 170 miles from the center, not 450 miles from the center.
Try to keep up.

And Katrina covered a quarter of the US with snow?

Not during the summer, that would be quite a feat.
But then, neither did Sandy during the fall.
The wintry mix was a different weather system that collided with Sandy.

oh brother..
TWO very different storms...Not anyone's fault the PEOPLE didn't listen to EVAUATE New Orleans..Yet you people will take away from the great rescue effort for the people that Nagin LEFT BEHIND..You really are a partisan hack

I think Nagin, Bush and whoever the governor was at that time share equal amounts of the blame for the clusterfuck that was Katrina.

That said, Bush was president. He sat on his ranch until it was too late. He put a guy who ran Horse Shows in charge of FEMA.

Keeping in mind, I used to try to make excuses for this idiot back in 2005, and it wasn't easy, because there was no excuse for a lot of it.

Sandy is a worse storm because it's hitting a more densely populated area, and an area where they don't have things built to withstand these kinds of storms.

yeah yeah, OBAMA be the man he be looking out for us, thank the heavens above

You and NJ Governor Christy have different opinions of President Obama's response, of course Gov. Cristy has first hand experience with the President and you have first hand experience ... uh, hmmmm, pulling partisan lies out of your ass.

But thanks for sharing, the more you post the more rational people understand how ridiculous you and others on the far, far, far right have become.

This has been a real disaster for the far right. First, the President responded in a pre-emptive manner. And then the Republican governers not only worked with the President, but complimented him for the response. Worse yet, for their sad ideology, the governments seem to have worked together at all levels in an exemplary manner in and after this storm.

Yes, Virginia, government can be a force for the good, and operate in an efficient and effective manner in an emergency situation. Especially when all are concerned primarily with doing their jobs for the benefit of the citizens.

This has been a real disaster for the far right. First, the President responded in a pre-emptive manner. And then the Republican governers not only worked with the President, but complimented him for the response. Worse yet, for their sad ideology, the governments seem to have worked together at all levels in an exemplary manner in and after this storm.

Yes, Virginia, government can be a force for the good, and operate in an efficient and effective manner in an emergency situation. Especially when all are concerned primarily with doing their jobs for the benefit of the citizens.

There you have it. A republican governor worked with the president. In Louisiana, the democrat governor refused to work with Bush. Not only refused, but refused with the intent of harming President Bush. It worked quite well. Spectacularly. Governor Christie put the people of the state first.

There you have it. A republican governor worked with the president. In Louisiana, the democrat governor refused to work with Bush. Not only refused, but refused with the intent of harming President Bush. It worked quite well. Spectacularly. Governor Christie put the people of the state first.

She didn't refuse. Bush wanted her to cede her authority to the federal government before he allowed FEMA to help. THAT is what she refused to do. And rightly so.

Not even close. Blanco refused to give permission for help to engage. It was just what Mayor Bradley did to Pete Wilson in 1992. Bradley refused help until Los Angeles was on fire. Blanco was putting on her make up and couldn't be bothered.

Not even close. Blanco refused to give permission for help to engage. It was just what Mayor Bradley did to Pete Wilson in 1992. Bradley refused help until Los Angeles was on fire. Blanco was putting on her make up and couldn't be bothered.
Wrong.
The administration sought unified control over all local police and state National Guard units reporting to the governor. Louisiana officials rejected the request after talks throughout the night, concerned that such a move would be comparable to a federal declaration of martial law. Some officials in the state suspected a political motive behind the request. "Quite frankly, if they'd been able to pull off taking it away from the locals, they then could have blamed everything on the locals," said the source, who does not have the authority to speak publicly.

snopes.com: Blame Blanco

Look at you supporting a Federal takeover of a state.

Wrong.
The administration sought unified control over all local police and state National Guard units reporting to the governor. Louisiana officials rejected the request after talks throughout the night, concerned that such a move would be comparable to a federal declaration of martial law. Some officials in the state suspected a political motive behind the request. "Quite frankly, if they'd been able to pull off taking it away from the locals, they then could have blamed everything on the locals," said the source, who does not have the authority to speak publicly.

snopes.com: Blame Blanco

Look at you supporting a Federal takeover of a state.

But that's different!

Forum List

Back