Sandra Fluke's Testimony - Here it is. Watch so you will not look like such a fool~

That's fine by me. The federal government is not a religious organization with long-held beliefs against contraception.

Neither, apparently, is Georgetown University. They have no problem allowing contraception in the health plan coverage for faculty and staff, just not for struggling students.
Of course Georgetown is not a religious organization. It's run by one, though.

And, second time for this request: Please provide the link to support your claim that faculty and staff have coverage provided by Georgetown that includes contraceptives.

But of course...(and I provided it before)

Law Student Makes Case For Contraceptive Coverage

Neither, apparently, is Georgetown University. They have no problem allowing contraception in the health plan coverage for faculty and staff, just not for struggling students.

And, second time for this request: Please provide the link to support your claim that faculty and staff have coverage provided by Georgetown that includes contraceptives.

Well, so says a blog. Do you have anything from Georgetown?

I'm not one who buys something just because a blog says it, especially when they don't back it up.

I'm not one who buys something just because a blog says it, especially when they don't back it up.

That wasn't "some blog", that was NPR. I've provided my evidence from a credible source. If you believe that NPR is in error, the onus is on you to disprove it.

You probably want this link.

Catholic Groups Fight Contraceptive Rule, But Many Already Offer Coverage : Shots - Health Blog : NPR

Strange thing, that link is even more fracking stupid that the other idiots that argue that 28 states have the exact same provisions as the new federal mandate. Goergetown University law school is in Washington DC which is not covered under any state regulations whatever.

Additionally, since it doesn't actually say anything about Goergetown itself or provide any information about employee health insurance there, I think that makes your assertion a double failure.

You should follow the link in that blog, just so you get the joke on Sea.

Really. Go read some case law. Get yourself educated. Why do you think that the government has the ability to sentence people to death? If the right to life is not absolute, how can anything else be? What right is greater, than that to life?

In The Middle? YOU are a danger to this Republic.

YOU are an idiot.

That was an absolutely inappropriate and pointless thing to say. All I have done is present the facts, and described the function of constitutional rights as outlined by the courts. If presenting facts is a danger to the country, then I guess that would make you a statist fuck.

Actually, you should just click on this link...it is to the Aetna plan offered by Georgetown for their faculty and staff. (BTW...it provides contraceptive coverage)

PLAN DESIGN AND BENEFITS PROVIDED BY AETNA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY - Insured

BTW: Did you know that your tax dollars pay for contraceptives for female employees of the federal government?
That's fine by me. The federal government is not a religious organization with long-held beliefs against contraception.

Planned parenthood is there for struggling students. The school does not need to offer it to students.

Planned parenthood is there for struggling students. The school does not need to offer it to students.

Was that goalpost heavy? The freedom of religion argument, which was never in line with the constitution anyway, just got blown out of the water. There is no grounds to call this a freedom of religion argument when Georgetown offers contraception coverage to its faculty.

Was that goalpost heavy? The freedom of religion argument, which was never in line with the constitution anyway, just got blown out of the water. There is no grounds to call this a freedom of religion argument when Georgetown offers contraception coverage to its faculty.

Doesn't matter. Its there choice. It also doesn't change the fact that Flukes math dont add up, or that her testimony is easily proven false. This is why the conversation go's every place put to what she said which was that young coeds cant get low cost or free birth control which is a lie. The school does not need to offer birth control to students, its already available. Has been for years.

Doesn't matter.

Actually, it does.

Its there choice.

Fluke was speaking in support of changes to public policy. Why can't people understand that. To simply say "Well, that's just how it is" is no rebuttal against someone encouraging a change. Obviously that's how it is. If it wasn't, she wouldn't be speaking.

It also doesn't change the fact that Flukes math dont add up

Yes it does. Maybe you're bad at math. Or maybe you don't have all the facts. Or maybe you don't care about the facts because you're more worried about an agenda. Maybe all of the above.

or that her testimony is easily proven false.

Which explains why you cannot offer any facts to rebuke hers.

This is why the conversation go's every place put to what she said

Actually, if her math was off and her facts were wrong, that's exactly what you would be talking about. The fact that you won't address the substance of the matter just goes to show that you have nothing to offer, other than distraction.

which was that young coeds cant get low cost or free birth control which is a lie.

She spoke about the consequences of college students' health insurance not covering contraceptive coverage. If you want to allege that the consequences of which she spoke don't actually happen, then provide evidence.

The school does not need to offer birth control to students, its already available.

Nobody said that the school needs to offer birth control. She said the school needs to stop interfering with the insurance company covering birth control. The students will pay for their own plans, and their own copays.

Has been for years.

And I'm sure you have a link that shows where Georgetown students can get free birth control. Actually, no, don't show me that. I have no interest in seeing students get birth control that is paid for by someone else. So, show me where these students can pay for their own birth control at a low price.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter.

Actually, it does.

Its there choice.

Fluke was speaking in support of changes to public policy. Why can't people understand that. To simply say "Well, that's just how it is" is no rebuttal against someone encouraging a change. Obviously that's how it is. If it wasn't, she wouldn't be speaking.

Yes it does. Maybe you're bad at math. Or maybe you don't have all the facts. Or maybe you don't care about the facts because you're more worried about an agenda. Maybe all of the above.

Actually, if her math was off and her facts were wrong, that's exactly what you would be talking about. The fact that you won't address the substance of the matter just goes to show that you have nothing to offer, other than distraction.

She spoke about the consequences of college students' health insurance not covering contraceptive coverage. If you want to allege that the consequences of which she spoke don't actually happen, then provide evidence.

The school does not need to offer birth control to students, its already available.

Nobody said that the school needs to offer birth control. She said the school needs to stop interfering with the insurance company covering birth control. The students will pay for their own plans, and their own copays.

Has been for years.

And I'm sure you have a link that shows where Georgetown students can get free birth control. Actually, no, don't show me that. I have no interest in seeing students get birth control that is paid for by someone else. So, show me where these students can pay for their own birth control at a low price.

No, her math is bad or she is incredibly stupid, or, as is likely the case, bending the truth to make a political point. Schools teach, they are not nor should they be in the insurance business. Employees are altogether a different issue. All the birth control she and her imaginary friend needs is right there in DC and every big town in the USA at low or no cost. The fact that the argument has drifted to the church, the constitution, Rush Limbaugh and everywhere but her is proof of how huge a non issue it is. Its nothing more then fodder for the weak minded. It reminds me of something I saw on a T-shirt one time. Go's like this-

"If I cant dazzle them with my brilliance, I will baffle them with my bullshit ".

Thats all this is. Bull shit.

No, her math is bad or she is incredibly stupid, or, as is likely the case, bending the truth to make a political point.

Which is exactly why you have yet to illustrate the deficiencies in her math.

Here's some math for you. The vaginal ring costs up to $80 for a three week dosage. Law school takes three years. Do the math. That's more than $4000 over the course of law school. Fluke said that without coverage, contraception can cost a female student more than $3000 over the course of law school. So, where is the bad math?

Schools teach, they are not nor should they be in the insurance business.

So why is the school interfering with health insurance for its students?

Employees are altogether a different issue.

The issue is an alleged first amendment violation by the insurance mandate to cover birth control. The fact that Georgetown offers such coverage to their employees eliminates any basis to make a first amendment objection, even if such an objection were constitutionally sound, which it isn't anyway.

All the birth control she and her imaginary friend needs is right there in DC and every big town in the USA at low or no cost.

1) You still have yet to provide any evidence.

2) If you expect students to obtain free birth control from some whatever source, you lose any basis to object to her position because "she wants someone else to pay for it."

The fact that the argument has drifted to the church, the constitution, Rush Limbaugh and everywhere but her is proof of how huge a non issue it is.

So, the fact that THE OPPOSITION is making an argument based on religious freedom means that her position is somehow faulty? :cuckoo:

Its nothing more then fodder for the weak minded.

You're the one babbling like a weak minded fool. You're jumping into the debate without any idea what either side has been saying.

It reminds me of something I saw on a T-shirt one time. Go's like this-

"If I cant dazzle them with my brilliance, I will baffle them with my bullshit ".

I'll agree. Everything you're saying is bullshit.

No, her math is bad or she is incredibly stupid, or, as is likely the case, bending the truth to make a political point.

Which is exactly why you have yet to illustrate the deficiencies in her math.

Here's some math for you. The vaginal ring costs up to $80 for a three week dosage. Law school takes three years. Do the math. That's more than $4000 over the course of law school. Fluke said that without coverage, contraception can cost a female student more than $3000 over the course of law school. So, where is the bad math?

Schools teach, they are not nor should they be in the insurance business.

So why is the school interfering with health insurance for its students?

The issue is an alleged first amendment violation by the insurance mandate to cover birth control. The fact that Georgetown offers such coverage to their employees eliminates any basis to make a first amendment objection, even if such an objection were constitutionally sound, which it isn't anyway.

1) You still have yet to provide any evidence.

2) If you expect students to obtain free birth control from some whatever source, you lose any basis to object to her position because "she wants someone else to pay for it."

So, the fact that THE OPPOSITION is making an argument based on religious freedom means that her position is somehow faulty? :cuckoo:

Its nothing more then fodder for the weak minded.

You're the one babbling like a weak minded fool. You're jumping into the debate without any idea what either side has been saying.

It reminds me of something I saw on a T-shirt one time. Go's like this-

I'll agree. Everything you're saying is bullshit.

Maybe you should take a math course
Vaginal Ring at a Glance

A small ring you put in your vagina once a month for three weeks to prevent pregnancy
Safe, effective, and convenient
Easy to get with a prescription
Costs about $15–$80 a month
NuvaRing - NuvaRing Side Effects - Vaginal Ring

180.00- 960.00 a year

Was she talking abouyt the ring? if not shut the fuck up she was talking about birth control and the pill is one form of birth controll condoms are another none cost as much as you want the lie to be believed.

Last edited:

Actually, you should just click on this link...it is to the Aetna plan offered by Georgetown for their faculty and staff. (BTW...it provides contraceptive coverage)

PLAN DESIGN AND BENEFITS PROVIDED BY AETNA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY - Insured

Wow, that settles it. Aetna offers a plan that covers contraception, and that proves Goergetown bought it.

Not sure I follow your logic. Do you have any evidence that Georgetown actually insures through Aetna? If you do, can you prove this is the specific plan that Goergetown bought? Does the actual extent of your reasoning here amount to "I want to believe this so I have no need to actually check facts?"

Doesn't matter.

Actually, it does.

Its there choice.

Has been for years.

Requiring employers to provide benefits that allow them to dictate an employers health to the extent that it covers pregnancy is a lot of things, but it is not public policy.

Forum List

Back