Sandra Fluke's Testimony - Here it is. Watch so you will not look like such a fool~

Ever heard of the US Constitution jackwad?

Ever hear of context, jackwad? He cited the RFRA which is a statute. And claimed that the health care law violated the RFRA. Statute cannot "contradict" statute. Statutes can be paradoxical at times, and when cases arise from these the court must determine the proper way to interpret the paradoxical laws and decide their applicability to the case before them.

My guess is he suddenly decided to hide from this thread when he realized how stupid he is.

You're the one who is deliberately ignoring facts and misrepresenting case law, in a futile attempt to preserve a false ideology. And there is nothing stupid about working overtime. They pay extra for that, you know.

Are you being intentionally obtuse? Drill down on the link I provided. If you visit, for example, this link: Medical Insurance: Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits, you get this:

Benefits 2012 » Health & Welfare
Medical Insurance

The following medical plans are available to faculty, staff and AAPs:

To learn more about a plan, click on the plan name.

Aetna Open Choice PPO
United Healthcare Choice Plus PPO
CareFirst BlueChoice Opt-Out Plus Open Access POS
Kaiser Signature HMO

Employee Eligibility
You are eligible to enroll in a Georgetown University sponsored medical plan if you are:

A staff employee, including members of the Allied International Union, hired to work 30 or more hours per week;
An academic employee hired to work at least 75% time;
A fellow.
Dependent Eligility
If you are covered under a medical plan, you may also elect coverage for your spouse/LDA and your eligible dependent children. You will select from one of the following levels of coverage:

Employee only
Employee and spouse/LDA
Employee and child/ren
Family (employee, spouse/LDA and child/ren)

Do you see that list of plans? The first one on the list is the Aetna plan offered by Georgetown University that I had linked to previously...the one that includes contraceptive coverage.

I've proven my claim. Georgetown offers contraceptive coverage to its employees, but won't do the same for its students.

The one with the $500 individual preferred deductible and the $20 per prescription copay? That is $740 a year towards contraception that is not covered by the plan, which is almost as much as Fluke falsely claimed contraception costs. The only point you made is that you really didn't read the policy because the non preferred care plan, which is the exact same plan students get, doesn't even cover prescription meds. My guess is that students, if they wanted to shell out the higher premium, could get the preferred care insurance and sill not get contraceptive coverage, but they could pretend they do.

Trying to distract by whining about the cost doesn't change the FACTS. Georgetown, obviously, isn't keeping students from contraceptive coverage for "moral" reasons. Georgetown has no problem providing a plan that covers contraception for their employees, why deny it in coverage to students?

The obvious answer is cost, why couldnt she pony up for a better plan, other then the fact she entered the school under false pretenses.

Why did the Dems throw fluke in the hearing at the last minute?

I don't know. They're politicians, so my guess would be that they maybe were playing politics? Crazy concept, eh? In any event, it doesn't matter why. Their motivations have nothing to do with the merits of her arguments.

Her whining about how she can't afford birth control is not pertinent in deciding whether it's constitutional to force religious organizations to provide it.

And who ever said that she was arguing to the question of the law's constitutionality? But just so you know, there's no constitutional problem with the law. The first amendment does not give individuals or organizations magical exception to whatever law they wish, simply by invoking a belief. The health care law does not deal with inherently religious activity. Therefore, it is beyond the scope of first amendment protections. This is well established through over a 100 years of jurisprudence. It's the same reason why laws against gay marriage are constitutional, and polygamy, etc.

She was bought in to throw things off track.

What track? Can you show any evidence that she was supposed to be speaking about the constitutionality of the law?

Fluke's testimony was meaningless to the hearing and merely a stunt.

When was the last time you saw anything out of Congress, from either side of the aisle, that couldn't qualify as a "stunt" of some kind? The political machinations behind the scenes really aren't important, unless you're merely a partisan hack. The substance of her position can be supported or opposed based on its own merits, just like the value of the health care law can be appraised based on its own merits in terms its pros and cons for society. There is no reason to complain about tangental issues to make a case either for or against.

I don't know. They're politicians, so my guess would be that they maybe were playing politics? Crazy concept, eh? In any event, it doesn't matter why. Their motivations have nothing to do with the merits of her arguments.

What merit would that be?

Making others pay?

Being to cheap to purchase the buy up?

What exactly?

What merit would that be?

Making others pay?

Being to cheap to purchase the buy up?

What exactly?

The benefits to society of expanded health care access, particularly contraceptive coverage as the specific health care issue she discussed.

Maybe I should remind everyone again, at this point and for the 1000th time, that I am opposed to the health care law. But I base my opposition to it on the merits of the law. I'm not going to oppose it because it was proposed by Democrats, or because Obama is allegedly a commy queor, or because Sandra Fluke is allegedly a slut, or because I hate the federal government, or the false claim that it is unconstitutional, or any kind of nonsense like that.

This is a prime example of how the left is diverting attention away from the real issue.

:confused: People make inaccurate claims about Fluke's testimony, so showing the testimony is diversion? :cuckoo:

No it wasn't. Here's a grade school lesson for you: The President does not pass laws. That's what Congress does.

If you were educated at all about this stuff, you'd know that the law is not unconstitutional. You may disagree with it, as do I, but it's not unconstitutional.

Hmmm, I'm inclined to think that if we are talking about availability of contraceptive coverage amongst female Georgetown law students, then Fluke is a pretty good candidate to talk about that.

Which is why the full committee did not hear her. What's your point?

Her statement was done AFTER the hearing. Do you even know what you are talking about? :cuckoo:

*GASP!* You mean to tell me that politicians are playing on people's emotions? Never! No politician would ever do anything like that. Have you ever before seen a politician, for example, use emotionally charged language for a sensitive issue, abortion for example, like "partial birth abortion," or "killing a baby," as opposed to using the correct technical terms? Certainly no politician would ever do something like that. :eusa_hand:

At best, you're making an ad hominem argument. Forget who has done the speaking. Let's address the merits of the arguments, and maintain an accurate portrayal of them.

You must think awful highly of the President, because you sure are putting an awful lot in his lap. Congress passes laws, the Executive executes the laws.

Simply saying "it's unconstitutional" doesn't make it so. There is nothing unconstitutional about the law. Claims of religious freedom infringements are ignorant claims that either have no knowledge of the extensive case law on religious freedom, or they completely ignore it.

and this was a cheap stunt to make people focus on something else. There are enough idiots out there and they know this crap works. Frustrating.
Actually, if anything, the "cheap stunt" is the people who want to insist that the law is unconstitutional, instead of actually addressing the law on its merits. The "cheap stunt" is to say that anyone whatsoever can simply say "I have a religious belief" and they will be instantly exempt from any law whatsoever. THAT would be a cheap stunt.

Why did the Dems throw fluke in the hearing at the last minute? Her whining about how she can't afford birth control is not pertinent in deciding whether it's constitutional to force religious organizations to provide it. She was bought in to throw things off track.

Fluke's testimony was meaningless to the hearing and merely a stunt.

Because, despite the fact that the Democrats want to make this about contraception, the initial plan was for the Democrats to call a male expert from the freedom from religion organization to dispute the argument that the mandate infringes on religious freedom. They had to scramble when they decided this wasn't actually about religion.

Ever hear of context, jackwad? He cited the RFRA which is a statute. And claimed that the health care law violated the RFRA. Statute cannot "contradict" statute. Statutes can be paradoxical at times, and when cases arise from these the court must determine the proper way to interpret the paradoxical laws and decide their applicability to the case before them.
Statutes can be against the Constitution and go unchallenged...

*Jackwad*

Last edited:
Are you being intentionally obtuse? Drill down on the link I provided. If you visit, for example, this link: Medical Insurance: Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits, you get this:

Benefits 2012 » Health & Welfare
Medical Insurance

The following medical plans are available to faculty, staff and AAPs:

To learn more about a plan, click on the plan name.

Aetna Open Choice PPO
United Healthcare Choice Plus PPO
CareFirst BlueChoice Opt-Out Plus Open Access POS
Kaiser Signature HMO

Employee Eligibility
You are eligible to enroll in a Georgetown University sponsored medical plan if you are:

A staff employee, including members of the Allied International Union, hired to work 30 or more hours per week;
An academic employee hired to work at least 75% time;
A fellow.
Dependent Eligility
If you are covered under a medical plan, you may also elect coverage for your spouse/LDA and your eligible dependent children. You will select from one of the following levels of coverage:

Employee only
Employee and spouse/LDA
Employee and child/ren
Family (employee, spouse/LDA and child/ren)

Do you see that list of plans? The first one on the list is the Aetna plan offered by Georgetown University that I had linked to previously...the one that includes contraceptive coverage.

I've proven my claim. Georgetown offers contraceptive coverage to its employees, but won't do the same for its students.

The one with the $500 individual preferred deductible and the $20 per prescription copay? That is $740 a year towards contraception that is not covered by the plan, which is almost as much as Fluke falsely claimed contraception costs. The only point you made is that you really didn't read the policy because the non preferred care plan, which is the exact same plan students get, doesn't even cover prescription meds. My guess is that students, if they wanted to shell out the higher premium, could get the preferred care insurance and sill not get contraceptive coverage, but they could pretend they do.

Trying to distract by whining about the cost doesn't change the FACTS. Georgetown, obviously, isn't keeping students from contraceptive coverage for "moral" reasons. Georgetown has no problem providing a plan that covers contraception for their employees, why deny it in coverage to students?

Georgetown isn't keeping anyone from anything. If the students want to opt into the preferred plan that covers prescription drugs they are perfectly free to do so, if they can afford it.

Georgetown isn't keeping anyone from anything. If the students want to opt into the preferred plan that covers prescription drugs they are perfectly free to do so, if they can afford it.

Too many want it for nothing...

No, the constitution gives Congress the power to collect taxes. Federal statute establishes the actual taxation taking place.

Tell me something, genius, how does that in any way contradict my point that taxes are written into the constitution?

You need to go read some case law.

Like what? Give me one case where SCOTUS said the Religious Freedom Restoration Act doesn't restrict the federal government. Shouldn't be to hard if you try real hard.

Pointing to cases about taxes, which are actually written into the constitution, to make the case that the RFRA is overturned is really stupid.
Linking error. Here are the cases.

Adams v. Commissioner

Miller v. Commisioner[/QUOTE]

Linking error? Is that your excuse for posting old cases that had nothing to with the RFRA? Does that explain you posting another link that has nothing to do with the RFRA? Three linking errors out of four tries. I wonder if I should draw conclusions from that.

Anyway, from your link Adams v Commisioner.

 The parties do not contest the constitutionality or the applicability of RFRA to the case at hand.  
Damn. look at that, the RFRA is constitutional. Isn't that what I said? And isn't that what you are trying to say is wrong?

Maybe it was more than a linking error, maybe you just have no idea what you are talking about.

They agree that RFRA applies to the federal government, as Boerne v. Flores, 521 U.S. 507, 117 S.Ct. 2157, 138 L.Ed.2d 624 (1997), held only that RFRA was unconstitutional as applied to the states under section 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment.   For the purposes of this appeal, we assume without deciding that RFRA is constitutional as applied to the federal government.   See Alamo v. Clay, 137 F.3d 1366, 1367 (D.C.Cir.1998).1
RFRA provides:
(a) In general
Government shall not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion even if the burden results from a rule of general applicability, except as provided in subsection (b) of this section.
(b) Exception
Government may substantially burden a person's exercise of religion only if it demonstrates that application of the burden to the person-
(1) is in furtherance of a compelling governmental interest;  and
(2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest.
Again, just what I said.

Amazing.

Then later.

We find Adams's arguments appealing, but ultimately unconvincing.   She has misconstrued Scott;  the focus of the court's analysis in Scott was on the sincerity of the beliefs of the individual in question-the sincerity of Adams's beliefs is not in question.   However, despite the sincerity of those beliefs, her claim has returned this court to a well established line of cases involving challenges to the collection of taxes on religious grounds.   Although Adams's beliefs may be unusual as compared to the general population, the very body of case law relating to war tax protesters indicates that in the realm of tax litigation, she is one of many.   As a result, her “compulsion” argument affords her no excuse, as the prior plaintiffs were also compelled by religious belief, but, like Adams, made the difficult decision to act in a manner contrary to law.   Moreover, Adams is asking this court to draw a distinction between holding sincerely felt political and religious beliefs and facing the consequences of those beliefs;  we have been and continue to be reluctant to make such a distinction.   We have noted, in slightly different contexts, that plaintiffs engaging in civil disobedience through tax protests must pay the penalties incurred as a result of engaging in such disobedience.   See Kahn, 753 F.2d at 1215-16;  cf.   Malinowski, 472 F.2d at 855-58.
Basically, they said that, although she makes a good argument, the RFRA doesn't actually apply, because all it did was restore the Sherbert test, and the court has a long history of denying religious exemptions to taxes. Even if they didn't, a first year law student wouldn't have much trouble fitting taxes into the RFRA, because collecting taxes are definitely a compelling government interest, and there is no less restrictive way to actually collect taxes than by force of law.

That means that, out of four cases you posted where you claimed they overturned the RFRA, only one actually applied, and it upheld it.

Maybe you should go read some case law.

My guess is he suddenly decided to hide from this thread when he realized how stupid he is.

You're the one who is deliberately ignoring facts and misrepresenting case law, in a futile attempt to preserve a false ideology. And there is nothing stupid about working overtime. They pay extra for that, you know.

What can I say, I overestimated your intelligence. I do thank you fro providing me the one link you cannot ignore that said the RFRA is constitutional, since you provided it.

Actually, genius, the contraception mandate is a regulation. While regulations often carry the force of law, they are not actually laws, and this specific regulation violates federal law because it doesn't mention anything about what logic they are using to justify the infringement of religion, which is required by law.

I think that makes you the jackwad, not T.

Students are not offered the Aetna plan that covers contraception. They are offered only one plan from the university and BC isn't covered. They only cover it for staff. You, obviously, didn't watch Sandra Fluke's testimony at all.

Students are not offered the Aetna plan that covers contraception. They are offered only one plan from the university and BC isn't covered. They only cover it for staff. You, obviously, didn't watch Sandra Fluke's testimony at all.

Who cares ? A first graduate of this law school will make $100,000.000 in there first year out of school. While in school they do nothing but learn. They are entitled to nothing other then the education they pay for. You guys are nuts expecting us to buy birth control for the 1%. Second thing is that no woman will be denied birth control (or abortions) due to there inability to pay. Thats what planned parenthood says. The school is in the teaching business, not the insurance business. Students birth control is not there problem.

Tell me something, genius, how does that in any way contradict my point that taxes are written into the constitution?

Your argument was, essentially, that tax law cases would not establish constitutional problems for the RFRA, because taxes are constitutionally prescribed. Your claim fails, because the constitution merely gives Congress the power to collect taxes. The taxes that were being applied in the cases were STATUTORILY established, however. Therefore, taxing people against their religious beliefs is not constitutional because taxes are discussed in the constitution. It's constitutional because religious freedom protections do not create exceptions to the law for individuals who claim a religious belief, when the law in question is one generally applicable and not dealing with inherently religious activity.

Like what? Give me one case where SCOTUS said the Religious Freedom Restoration Act doesn't restrict the federal government. Shouldn't be to hard if you try real hard.

Straw man.

Damn. look at that, the RFRA is constitutional. Isn't that what I said? And isn't that what you are trying to say is wrong?

I see. You actually don't know anything about the RFRA, it's applications, its history, etc. You just know the name of the act. You don't actually know what you are putting forth when you invoke it. :lol: It's actually quite funny now. :lol:

The staff pays into their plans....and can afford it.

Students can't.

So my suggestion is for folks like Sandra Flucke to go and find their own plans. If she wants to she can pay an extra amount that will come to more than what they would pay if they just bought the shit at Walmart. Or she can go to Planned Parenthood.

The thing that Obama and the Democrats are trying to do is trick everyone into thinking that insurance is free.

Last edited:
I just read that Fluke is on vacation in CA with her boyfriend, who is doing quite well financially. Gee, shame he doesn't buy her some birth control pills. The woman is a fraud and this whole thing was a set up.

Question is whether it is legal for the government to force religious organization to provide birth control and abortion coverage. Fluke's testimoney never came close to addressing the constitutionality of her demands. She just wanted sympathy. I'm sure the useful idiots are willing to ignore the legalities of the situation and insist that government should do whatever makes the whiny butts feel better.

They can get the preferred plan if they want it, Aetna does business with all sorts of people, not just Goergetown.

Seriously, I don't care if Georgetown offers insurance or not, I don't care what it covers if they do, the truth doesn't change, the students can still get insurance that covers birth control if they want it, or they can go to Walmart and get it for $9.

By the way, according to this Goergetown does cover prescriptions. Being that birth control is a Tier 3 drug all the student has to do is fork over a $45 copay every 4 weeks and she can get her birth control pills from any covered pharmacy.

http://studentaffairs.georgetown.edu/insurance/premierplanbooklet.pdf#page=32

You might want to rethink your insistance that Fluke isn't asking other people to pay for her birth control.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back