Sanders to propose canceling 16 trillion in US student debt

Why don't dems just provide how kids can work off the loans? One of my wife's co-workers has a daughter who has her loans "forgiven" by working in an underserved area for several years as a school counselor. My neighbors across the street are getting most of their medical school debt forgiven on similar terms.

That way, if someone flunks out or doesn't graduate, the taxpayer doesn't reward them.

We can start the fund by liquidating Commie Bernie's millionaire holdings and using the money to pay off student debt. He doesn't need three homes and a sports car, does he? The salary he makes as a Senator puts him in the top 5% income for Americans. His should be taxed at least 75% of his income to be fair to the people that don't have as much as he does.

Why should he be a millionaire when there are students that owe money on their education?

Isn't that how Commies like Bernie thinks?

Sanders to propose canceling $1.6 trillion in US student debt

I am all for it. It should be tuition free. Some states are doing this at community colleges etc...professors and presidents of colleges should NOT be making 6 digit incomes its outrageous. This is the ONE and only good thing about a leftist president in 2020. I won't be paying mine or my wife's loans back...US wants to screw over working class people they can shove it up their ass...I don't go to college just to be 300-400$ a month in debt because we merely wanted a better life for ourselves. Go ahead and take our tax refund idc...

The problem here is how about the millions who have already paid back their loans? Should they be reimbursed, or just laughed at for being such suckers that they actually fulfilled their obligations?

Or others like my niece who just graduated from Western Carolina with zero debt? Was she a sucker, deserving of ridicule, for not getting massively in debt?
Good question. I paid back mine. Who is going to cut me a break?

I am all for it. It should be tuition free. Some states are doing this at community colleges etc...professors and presidents of colleges should NOT be making 6 digit incomes its outrageous. This is the ONE and only good thing about a leftist president in 2020. I won't be paying mine or my wife's loans back...US wants to screw over working class people they can shove it up their ass...I don't go to college just to be 300-400$ a month in debt because we merely wanted a better life for ourselves. Go ahead and take our tax refund idc...
You made the choice to take on that debt. Nobody "did that to you".
Actually the US government DID THAT TO MILLIONS of students. THEY can fix this entire problem. MANY MANY countries around the world have debt free college. The fact the US wants to screw people over simply to get richer then fuck them. My job is to get ahead in life and I won't be held against my will to simply get a fucking education. Don't like it TOUGH SHIT.
No one forced you to take out any loan. Ever. Quit blaming others for your decisions. It isn't up to "me", the taxpayer, to repay your debt. I don't care how other countries do things.
Good for you. We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouth's. That's the way things are going to happen. The government can fix shit or continue to NOT get paid back for overpriced college education.
It used to be cheaper. Then the Progs took over. And foisted liberal arts on us spouting it keeps us open minded for greatness in our economy. Now Asia is going to take over.

The problem here is how about the millions who have already paid back their loans? Should they be reimbursed, or just laughed at for being such suckers that they actually fulfilled their obligations?

Or others like my niece who just graduated from Western Carolina with zero debt? Was she a sucker, deserving of ridicule, for not getting massively in debt?
Good question. I paid back mine. Who is going to cut me a break?

I knew several students when I went who borrowed every nickel available. When I was in school, the university cashier held the money and if you were ok'ed for a loan, they would give it to you for "living expenses". Grass and beer counted I guess

You made the choice to take on that debt. Nobody "did that to you".
Actually the US government DID THAT TO MILLIONS of students. THEY can fix this entire problem. MANY MANY countries around the world have debt free college. The fact the US wants to screw people over simply to get richer then fuck them. My job is to get ahead in life and I won't be held against my will to simply get a fucking education. Don't like it TOUGH SHIT.
No one forced you to take out any loan. Ever. Quit blaming others for your decisions. It isn't up to "me", the taxpayer, to repay your debt. I don't care how other countries do things.
Good for you. We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouth's. That's the way things are going to happen. The government can fix shit or continue to NOT get paid back for overpriced college education.

The liberal left is the cause of the explosion in the cost of tuition.
Why the fuck should I pay for it?
Oh both sides are the problem not just one.
Colleges are run by liberals. Therefore it's a liberal problem. I couldn't afford college, so I learned a trade. Maybe that's what you should've done.

Here’s an idea, if you want this program, find a kid with college debt and pay it off.

Let’s match liberals with kids with college debt and the liberals can pay off the debt of the graduates with THEIR OWN MONEY.

Seems fair to me. You want to forgive their debt? Pay it off yourself.

Sponsor a student. I am sure someone can get a website up that can match people with college debt with liberals who want the debt to be forgiven.

I hate that Sanders cocksucker so much, the one silver lining is that this anti-American, traitorous PIG is 30 years older than me - so barring an accident on my part, I get to outlive that vile old coot and desecrate his grave as soon as he's no longer with us. And good riddance when he is. He's Hillary Clinton with a penis.

This has to be among the worst ideas I have ever heard from a candidate. Why not run on giving everyone in the USA a million dollars cash. The idiots who support Sanders will love it.

Fuck it, make it $10 million...it doesn’t matter in his la la land.

Make it a billion dollars....we can just print it up and send it to everyone. Now every American is a billionaire! Whoopi!

The problem is that college grads make more than non-grads, so now some poor schlep driving a truck gets to subsidize your higher income. In addition I don't think taxpayers should be on the hook for 100,000k for some twit to get a degree in drama. If you want to target it to engineers, medical students or useful degrees in general, we can talk, lesbian dance therapy not so much.

Compound interest and wage stagnation combined with stagflation is causing a mess for young people. And the subsidies themselves push tuition costs higher, much like anything else the federal governement gets involved with subsidizing. Unconstitutionally I’d add. It has no constitutional authority to be involved in education in the first place.

Of course, the universities are fully aware that students have access to low interest loans thanks to the federal government getting involved in it. They’re aware that students are taking on artificially increased purchasing power so they raise tuition and then make cuts to their own financial aid programs. As usual when tuition rises , particualrly in this manner, more people yell for more government.

Education, like housing and healthcare and everything else the federal government touches, results in artificial price increase.

Give students tax credits is all I can think of. Because until people start demonstrating even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity to what’s actually happening, particularly the students, the feds will keep breaking their legs and then handing them crutches talking about see, we helped you.

Last edited:

Go fuck yourself!!!
It's not my responsibility to take on someone else's debt.
Especially for those of us who worked hard, and paid ours back.

Exactly!!
In my case I quit high school in the tenth grade and retired at 46.
I figure the state owes me money.
Huge numbers of these fools toting college debt never had any legitimate business going to college in the first place. Greed, ignorance, and a desire to "run with the big dogs" assisted them in making a terrible decision that will cost them untold amounts of money for years, on top of years.

Why do so many Republicans blame people if they live on welfare, but also blame people if they have student debt?

At least the one in college is trying to get ahead.

Go fuck yourself!!!
It's not my responsibility to take on someone else's debt.
Especially for those of us who worked hard, and paid ours back.

Exactly!!
In my case I quit high school in the tenth grade and retired at 46.
I figure the state owes me money.
Huge numbers of these fools toting college debt never had any legitimate business going to college in the first place. Greed, ignorance, and a desire to "run with the big dogs" assisted them in making a terrible decision that will cost them untold amounts of money for years, on top of years.

Yep.
Flat out determination will beat out a college education unless that college grad pursues success with the same vigor.
I went from being an idiot to making flight hardware for the Shuttle Program.
It ain't the education,it's the drive.

It's not the same World anymore, College is much more needed now-a-days, and much more expensive.... A simple recipe for disaster.

D0666D04-A8B3-4B97-9917-427BC9764DAD.jpeg

The liberal left is the cause of the explosion in the cost of tuition.
Why the fuck should I pay for it?
Oh both sides are the problem not just one.

While both sides bear responsibility for the woes of our country the fucking up of our colleges isnt one of them.
The blame lies solely on the liberal left

The colleges are so ridiculously expensive, and yet so needed now-a-days.

Just Capitalism supply, and demand failing the future generations.

Forum List

Back