Samantha Bee, anti Trumper and her husband are fighting to keep blacks out of their private school

Public schools in NY are zoned schools.

That means your kids go to the school closest to your house. Right now, Samantha Bee and Jason Jones' kid (or kids) go to school a few blocks from their home. They can walk to school, just like most New Yorkers.

With the rezoning, their kids school will be a mile or so away.
They can't walk a mile?

I'm sure they can - buy why should they have to?

Their kids are 10, 8, and 6.
Why should they not walk a mile? I know we did most of the time I was attending school. I made my daughter walk the WHOLE 1/4 mile to her grade school rather than waiting in single-digit temps for the f**king bus to pick her up. Oh, wait, she would have had to cross two streets. Oh, the horror! The unimaginable danger! Forcing a child to submit to such hazards! It's almost unimaginable that she's 35 yrs old this year, having had to walk a quarter mile to school.

Stop whining about how hard your life was. You're not impressing anyone.

Because you feel like it is not a reason why they should have to anything.
Pay attention! I was not whining about how "hard" my life was. While I did have to walk to school until we moved to the country and school was almost 20 miles from home, I never thought of "whining" about that. I'm highlighting how stupid and useless (aka: waste of money) it was to bus my daughter 1/4 mile simply because she would have had to cross two streets to get to school.
My life was not hard, it was expected. Oh, yeah, we used to carry .22 rifles and shotguns to school just so we could jump off the bus a couple of stops early to WALK back home and bag a couple of birds or squirrels.
I walked exactly one mile to my bus in whatever wheather and in Washington that meant rain most days.
No one is bitching despite him about what you may or may not have done to get your education.
He simply refuses to admit that those sissy ass lily white liberal snowflakes are to lazy to walk.

His better and winning argument would have been to admit his liberal run city is far to nasty and deadly to walk a quarter mile. Because that is the real problem. A quarter mile move in a liberal run city can make the difference between life and death.

And those are facts!

Samantha Bee is fighting the introduction of low income, minority children to their kids' school

Samantha Bee isn't even quoted in the entire story at all, lying hack.
NOR is the story about 'introducing" anybody into a school--- it's about moving it.

Try reading your own link.

her husband is.

i assume she agrees with her husbands about what to do for their kids.

Ah you ASS-ume, do you. Because when have a husband and wife ever disagreed... :rolleyes:

As I said ---- LYING HACK.

What is your opinion on the assumption that a large influx of poor black students will be bad for the school and the current students?

I don't purport to have one. I don't live there, I don't have kids in the school, so it's not my concern.

What is your opinion of a hack who attributes a statement to an entity that isn't even quoted in the article at all?

Desegregation of schools and it's impacts have been a MASSIVE political issues since the 50s.

For you to claim to not have an opinion on the issue, is complete bullshit.

Samantha Bee is fighting the introduction of low income, minority children to their kids' school

NOR is the story about 'introducing" anybody into a school--- it's about moving it.

her husband is.

It looks like Jones is objecting to the school moving has a lot more to do with location than race, but that doesn't stop Republicans from playing the race card.

The Left accused Reagan of using the "Southern Strategy" because he gave a speech at a place where decades earlier and miles away, something racist happened!

These lefties are fighting integration. Their reasons?

If they were righties, or even just average working class whites, you would have NO DOUBT that their motivation was racism.

her husband is.

It looks like Jones is objecting to the school moving has a lot more to do with location than race, but that doesn't stop Republicans from playing the race card.

Not to mention the abject inability to tell the difference between "Samantha Bee" and "Jason Jones".

Who was the conservative that was in the same convention complex at a different time but same day than David Duke and was thus called a white supremacist?

You don't get to decide how other people raise their kids.

I never claimed I did.

Your sob stories about walking miles to your one room schoolhouse are meaningless, and your judgement of parents that you've never met, and don't have any knowledge of is asinine.

I said I walked a mile and your delusions turned that into miles in snow storms or some nonsense.

You seem to have a fondness for Straw Men.

I see no problem with Jones and Bee wanting their kids school to remain right down the street from their house, and all of your noise is just noise.

Of course they can want whatever they want for their kids, but regular Americans never see that change anything in public school district policies and procedures. IF your kid is going to get bussed twenty miles across town it will still happen no matter how much you dont like it unless you are a connected Dimmocrat liberal, and that is the point; the HYPOCRISY of your ilk.

As for smoking a few joints, that will occur as soon as I get home.

Yes, and its toll is apparent.

Yes....apparently, the left wing people's paradise of New York, home of the social justice warrior elite...is one of the most racially segregated cities in the country......and they plan on keeping it that way.

Social justice warrior, Samantha Bee and her husband, are fighting to keep blacks out of their children's private school.....

Samantha Bee's Husband Fights To Keep Poor, Black Kids Out Of His Children's School

The current Upper West Side focus is on P.S. 452, which, according to Slate, "has a lopsided enrollment, with a population that’s three-quarters white and Asian, with only 13 percent of kids qualifying for free lunch, in a district that’s 43 percent white and Asian and 48 percent low-income."

This public school is already over-crowded and a proposal has been made to move it just 16 blocks away.

There is just one problem.

At this location, the school, which is currently one of the best public schools in the city, would be near a number of large housing projects. The move, then, could result in the end of the segregation many of these parents so desire. A lot more poor, black students might start attending.

Samantha Bee's husband is not only fighting this move, the former correspondent is -- get this -- urging parents who agree with him not to talk to the media:

One P.S. 452 parent speaking out against the move is comedian and former Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones, who’s married to Samantha Bee. "To portray any opposition as classist or racist is as bad as it can get," Jones told WNYC. And elsewhere: "We are not divided,” he said at a public hearing about the proposal, “we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children," then encouraged fellow parents not to talk to the press about the controversy.

Because in Manhattan past is precedent, Slate believes these rich, white parents will eventually win the day and the school will stay where it is.

And yet she has the balls to call Trump a racist....

Well that was a lame defense of Trumps racism. Not only that but this is more about moving the school but it's funny to watch you pretend to care about minorities.

Just search his name to see how much his comments are coming from a caring place.
Lol

Trump isn't a racist......he has been in the public for decades and the only accusations of racism came when he decided to run against the criminal, hilary clinton. They don't want their kids around poor blacks...they don't want poor blacks to go to their kids school...but they will make a show on television to care about minorities...

You don't get to decide how other people raise their kids.

I never claimed I did.

Your sob stories about walking miles to your one room schoolhouse are meaningless, and your judgement of parents that you've never met, and don't have any knowledge of is asinine.

I said I walked a mile and your delusions turned that into miles in snow storms or some nonsense.

You seem to have a fondness for Straw Men.

I see no problem with Jones and Bee wanting their kids school to remain right down the street from their house, and all of your noise is just noise.

Of course they can want whatever they want for their kids, but regular Americans never see that change anything in public school district policies and procedures. IF your kid is going to get bussed twenty miles across town it will still happen no matter how much you dont like it unless you are a connected Dimmocrat liberal, and that is the point; the HYPOCRISY of your ilk.

Laughingly ironic for a wag who just tried to lay "strawman" on somebody else.

Objects in mirror may be more self-revealing than they appear.

her husband is.

Not to mention the abject inability to tell the difference between "Samantha Bee" and "Jason Jones".

Who was the conservative that was in the same convention complex at a different time but same day than David Duke and was thus called a white supremacist?

No idea in the world wtf you're yammering about. :dunno:

You drinking floor polish again?

her husband is.

Ah you ASS-ume, do you. Because when have a husband and wife ever disagreed... :rolleyes:

As I said ---- LYING HACK.

What is your opinion on the assumption that a large influx of poor black students will be bad for the school and the current students?

I don't purport to have one. I don't live there, I don't have kids in the school, so it's not my concern.

What is your opinion of a hack who attributes a statement to an entity that isn't even quoted in the article at all?

Desegregation of schools and it's impacts have been a MASSIVE political issues since the 50s.

For you to claim to not have an opinion on the issue, is complete bullshit.

Go fuck yourself with a driveshaft from a '52 Buick. Why would I purport to wax opinionistic on NY PS 452, a place I've never been, never attended, never had a child who attended, and in which have absolutely nothing invested?

How the fuck is it any of my business?

You smoking brake fluid again?

Forum List

Back