Safe Abortions

I did address the pertinent part of what you said.
No you didn't. I said Jake was dead. Jake's body is alive. You said that I said Jake was still alive.

The rest is just vapid nonsense, and nothing that deserves any more consideration.
*laughs* ok.

I repeat:

If you don't actually address what is being said I'm sure you are going to have that quite a lot. But you don't have anyone else to blame but yourself on that one darlin.

No you didn't. I said Jake was dead. Jake's body is alive. You said that I said Jake was still alive.

The rest is just vapid nonsense, and nothing that deserves any more consideration.
*laughs* ok.

I repeat:

If you don't actually address what is being said I'm sure you are going to have that quite a lot. But you don't have anyone else to blame but yourself on that one darlin.

:lol::lol::lol:

*laughs* ok.

I repeat:

:lol::lol::lol:
Obviously this is just a little too complicated for you... Ok then. Do I want to spend the time to explain that your finger isn't who you are, nor your arm... Or legs... or even your whole body without your brain... *ponders*

No... I don't.

Thank goodness. I've already had that conversation with loons like you on a daily basis for the last 10 years straight.

Thank goodness. I've already had that conversation with loons like you on a daily basis for the last 10 years straight.
I repeat:

Jake's body is alive.

Obviously this is just a little too complicated for you... Ok then. Do I want to spend the time to explain that your finger isn't who you are, nor your arm... Or legs... or even your whole body without your brain... *ponders*

No... I don't.

When you say "you" are you talking about my body, or some other part of myself that apparently can be separated out from my body and exist (or not exist) separately, thereby justifying the killing of my body?

Is that part of me that can be separate and un-alive currently attached to my body, or is it unattached?

Are you keeping it in a suitcase, for example? Can it be reattached to my body?

When you say "you" are you talking about my body, or some other part of myself that apparently can be separated out from my body and exist (or not exist) separately, thereby justifying the killing of my body?
I'm saying that you, who you are as a person, is your brain. Your body is your body. Jake is a personality. It's what makes him, who he is. That comes from the brain. If the brain is no longer functioning, then Jake is dead. Jake's body might live, but Jake is dead.

Did you somehow miss that?

So if somebody kills his body, but his brain lives on..somewhere.....they haven't really killed him?

So if somebody kills his body, but his brain lives on..somewhere.....they haven't really killed him?
His brain isn't alive. That's what "brain dead" means. The organ that is the brain is dead.

The body still lives.

So Jake is dead, and Jake's body is still alive.

Still following?

Of course.

It's just vapid nonsense, of course. Which naturally you believe is evidence of your superior reasoning powers.

His body is alive. He is his body. Therefore he is alive.

If you want to kill him, fine. But be honest about the fact that you are killing him, instead of trying to bamboozle with this baby-killer nonsense of "it's not really HIM" or "He's alive but he's NOT" or "He's alive but it's not JAKE"

Last edited:
Of course.

It's just vapid nonsense, of course. Which naturally you believe is evidence of your superior reasoning powers.

You think what makes a person who they are is the body as a whole? That's silly. I guess you must think less of people who are without appendages.

If you want to kill him, fine. But be honest about the fact that you are killing him, instead of trying to bamboozle with this baby-killer nonsense of "it's not really HIM" or "He's alive but he's NOT" or "He's alive but it's not JAKE"
*shrugs*

No... I don't.

Of course.

You think what makes a person who they are is the body as a whole? That's silly. I guess you must think less of people who are without appendages.

*shrugs*

No... I don't.

I'm just kinda wondering what your ultimate point was there Shelzin in regards to abortion and when a human life has the right to exist.

I'm can only assume your point but I'd rather here it from you.

You should probably know more about the circumstances that led to the woman having an abortion before you go on a moral crusade.

due tell.. hey I'm for em if her life was in danger or rape/incest, but if it was for convience, then ZERO sympathy. People need to know how to be responsible and get stuff done, but if she was in danger of dying or raped then I would feel sorry for her, but since those cases are very very rare, I play the percentages.

What if she couldn't afford another baby? Lifers don't care about the circumstances, all they care about are fetuses.

And how shallow that you would have no sympathy for a poor woman who died.

Money is more important right?

Of course.

*shrugs*

No... I don't.

I'm just kinda wondering what your ultimate point was there Shelzin in regards to abortion and when a human life has the right to exist.

Well.... I believe that murder is when you kill a person. If a being is brain dead (I mean that literally) then that person is dead. Their body might be alive. But the person is dead. The body lives, but nobody is at home. Nobody will ever come home.

Fetus I see the same way. There is a body there... yes... It is alive.. yes... But like in a brain dead person, nobody is home. Now in a brain dead person someone was there, and now they are gone. In the case of a fetus nobody has shown up yet. Nobody will go home. It's JUST a body. There is no conscious of any kind that means anything to me in either.

Nobody wouldn't be killing a person in those cases... they are killing a collection of living cells.

Obviously this is a complex topic and there is more to it than that... But... Honestly I'm a little jaded at them moment from the other posters idiocies. I'll stop there unless you reply.

Last edited:
Of course.

I have to disagree.....if his brain is dead, his body is being kept "functioning" through wires and machines. I believe if someone is Brain Dead, they are DEAD. I don't believe their soul is still in them...and without that you can't be a person that's alive. Sounds kinda confusing :) But i've told my family if anything happens that the ONLY way i can live is on a machine...and my brain is DEAD...PLEASE unplug me! I don't want to be a burden on my family at all.

*shrugs*

No... I don't.

Well.... I believe that murder is when you kill a person. If a being is brain dead (I mean that literally) then that person is dead. Their body might be alive. But the person is dead. The body lives, but nobody is at home. Nobody will ever come home.

Fetus I see the same way. There is a body there... yes... It is alive.. yes... But like in a brain dead person, nobody is home. Now in a brain dead person someone was there, and now they are gone. In the case of a fetus nobody has shown up yet. Nobody will go home. It's JUST a body. There is no conscious of any kind that means anything to me in either.

Nobody wouldn't be killing a person in those cases... they are killing a collection of living cells.

Obviously this is a complex topic and there is more to it than that... But... Honestly I'm a little jaded at them moment from the other posters idiocies. I'll stop there unless you reply.

I'm thinking your making assumptions and I realize it difficult to explain your reasoning with out a several page post, which would lose my interest... honestly..:lol:

You're analogy doesn't fit in my opinion....most importantly because

The fetus/baby is a human life in development which should have the right to realize it's potential.

The question I have in regards to your, "useful brain" theory is when you would assume the baby/fetus has the right to exist?

*shrugs*

No... I don't.

^^^^did I nail him or did I nail him?

Forum List

Back