Sadly Typical

It's not that hard to be a professor these days. I could be one if I wanted and I am not that smart.

Unless they are actually benefiting from the scam, partisans are stupid.

So I guess this guy was half right.

It's not that hard to be a professor these days. I could be one if I wanted and I am not that smart.

To be a professor, you need to have a Ph.D. and to be doing research and regularly publishing. What is your doctorate in? What is your research? Where are your published works to be found?

Republicans are always complaining about political correctness and expressing vehemently that the right to free speech should not be restricted. This guy is not being politically correct, and he is exercising his right to free speech. You should be applauding him.

Last edited:

To be a professor, you need to have a Ph.D. and to be doing research and regularly publishing. What is your doctorate in? What is your research? Where are your published works to be found?

Republicans are always complaining about political correctness and expressing vehemently that the right to free speech should not be restricted. This guy is not being politically correct, and he is exercising his right to free speech. You should be applauding him.

And if he were doing that on his own time I wouldn't have any problem with it. However, as a teacher his job is to teach, not preach. Did he present alternate povs so the students could think/decide for themselves what they agreed with or did he just present his pov? If many, good. If one, nope. That's indoctrination.

And if he were doing that on his own time I wouldn't have any problem with it. However, as a teacher his job is to teach, not preach. Did he present alternate povs so the students could think/decide for themselves what they agreed with or did he just present his pov? If many, good. If one, nope. That's indoctrination.

My statement was meant ironically. If that professor were extolling the virtues of Christendom and the right to bare arms, expressing his repugnance for the gay lifestyle, proclaiming how femininism has ruined American culture, and expressing vehement anger at reverse racism, none of you would have the least problem with what he said.

The real problem seems to be that there is an imbalance in the number of professors with a conservative political and social vision and those with a liberal or progressive vision. Why is this? Do you think there is a conspiracy? Or is it that intellectuals tend to be more liberal thinkers? Studies show that, as far as American universities, it is over the past 30 years that this imbalance has occurred. I think it is because American conservatives have become so deeply embedded in fundamentalist Christian philosophy and have failed to adapt to the changing social climate in America. Have, in fact, simply failed to progress, evolve and adapt. So those who may once have identified themselves as conservative can no longer align themselves with the American conservative vision.

Last edited:

My statement was meant ironically. If that professor were extolling the virtues of Christendom and the right to bare arms, expressing his repugnance for the gay lifestyle, proclaiming how femininism has ruined American culture, and expressing vehement anger at reverse racism, none of you would have the least problem with what he said.

Well, if he was only presenting those povs I would. Like I said, a teacher's job is to teach not to present their personal pov as if it were fact.

Prove that, nitwit.

I love how the brain-dead left justifies the retarded things they do and they applaud by saying "everybody does it..you would even do it." It's such a stupid argument it makes my eyes bleed when I read it. Over. And over. And over again.

Well, if he was only presenting those povs I would. Like I said, a teacher's job is to teach not to present their personal pov as if it were fact.

There is nothing to suggest that this professor ONLY talked about Republicans. Do you actually imagine that each class, day in and day out, was a continuous rant against Republicans? I think that is highly improbable.

He's a COLLEGE PROFESSOR.

It is NOT the job of PROFESSors to "present alternate povs so the students could think/decide for themselves what they agreed with. "

I mean seriously have you actually gone to college?

PROFESS

2. : an act of openly declaring or publicly claiming a belief, faith, or opinion : protestation

There is nothing to suggest that this professor ONLY talked about Republicans. Do you actually imagine that each class, day in and day out, was a continuous rant against Republicans? I think that is highly improbable.

Well, in a media class that my daughter took at a private college the teacher only railed against Fox news and left the other news outlets out of the 'they're biased' loop. Did you read the article? It certainly sounds to me that he was only ranting against Republicans.

He's a COLLEGE PROFESSOR.

It is NOT the job of PROFESSors to "present alternate povs so the students could think/decide for themselves what they agreed with. "

I mean seriously have you actually gone to college?

PROFESS

2. : an act of openly declaring or publicly claiming a belief, faith, or opinion : protestation

Oh please. I expect colleges to teach, not preach. Aren't I just full of high expectations!

USC Professor Tells Students Republicans Are ?Stupid,? ?Racist?

This asshole professor is not an aberration; his ilk are rapidly becoming the norm on college campuses. This kind of extremism and intolerance is trickling down to the secondary school level as well.

This at the University of Spoiled Children? I'm aghast. Then, again, Jon Yoo, a former clerk of Justice Thomas and a member of the Right Wing Federalist Society who crafted legal justification giving Bush a free hand to order the torture of those he has declared as “illegal combatants” is a law professor at UC Berkeley.

Are we to judge all University education by one data point? Only if we were partisan hacks of the lesser intellect.

Well, in a media class that my daughter took at a private college the teacher only railed against Fox news and left the other news outlets out of the 'they're biased' loop. Did you read the article? It certainly sounds to me that he was only ranting against Republicans.

I read the article and cannot find where it tells us what he teaches or why he would be discussing Republicans. However, a class will be approximately an hour long and meet usually 3 times per week. No matter what the subject is, it seems very unlikely anyone can focus exclusively on one simple topic for 3 hours a week, week in and week out. Though your daughter may have felt her professor spent undue time criticizing Fox News, or that he didn't criticise other news outlets, I doubt is is plausible that the only thing he talked about for 3 hours a week for an entire quarter or semester was how flawed Fox News is as a media outlet.

I read the article and cannot find where it tells us what he teaches or why he would be discussing Republicans. However, a class will be approximately an hour long and meet usually 3 times per week. No matter what the subject is, it seems very unlikely anyone can focus exclusively on one simple topic for 3 hours a week, week in and week out. Though your daughter may have felt her professor spent undue time criticizing Fox News, or that he didn't criticise other news outlets, I doubt is is plausible that the only thing he talked about for 3 hours a week for an entire quarter or semester was how flawed Fox News is as a media outlet.

Well, I didn't say that was the only thing these professors talked about. You did. :)

I think lefties have organic brain damage. I really do.

Nobody said anyone was focusing exclusively on this topic. Stick to what people are actually discussing, please. Stop interjecting garbage, assigning false arguments to people, and pretending that's what the discussion is about. It's dishonest at best, stupid at worst, and it makes you look like a nincompoop.

Forum List

Back