Sadly for liberals, Fox is not dead

Ailes knows exactly who is watching Fox News each day, and he is adept at playing to their darkest fears in the age of Obama. The network’s viewers are old, with a median age of 65: Ads cater to the immobile, the infirm and the incontinent, with appeals to join class action hip-replacement lawsuits, spots for products like Colon Flow and testimonials for the services of Liberator Medical (“Liberator gave me back the freedom I haven’t had since I started using catheters”). The audience is also almost exclusively white – only 1.38 percent of viewers are African-American. “Roger understands audiences,” says Rollins, the former Reagan consultant. “He knew how to target, which is what Fox News is all about.” The typical viewer of Hannity, to take the most stark example, is a pro-business (86 percent), Christian conservative (78 percent), Tea Party-backer (75 percent) with no college degree (66 percent), who is over age 50 (65 percent), supports the NRA (73 percent), doesn’t back gay rights (78 percent) and thinks government “does too much” (84 percent). “He’s got a niche audience and he’s programmed to it beautifully,” says a former News Corp. colleague. “He feeds them exactly what they want to hear.”

Who watches Fox News?

Not surprising. MSNBC doesn't appeal to anyone looking for facts or anything resembling the truth. Only the truly hateful (like most of the liberals on this site), who need their daily dose of vitriol are loyal viewers of that sorry excuse for a news network.

Last edited:
Ailes knows exactly who is watching Fox News each day, and he is adept at playing to their darkest fears in the age of Obama. The network’s viewers are old, with a median age of 65: Ads cater to the immobile, the infirm and the incontinent, with appeals to join class action hip-replacement lawsuits, spots for products like Colon Flow and testimonials for the services of Liberator Medical (“Liberator gave me back the freedom I haven’t had since I started using catheters”). The audience is also almost exclusively white – only 1.38 percent of viewers are African-American. “Roger understands audiences,” says Rollins, the former Reagan consultant. “He knew how to target, which is what Fox News is all about.” The typical viewer of Hannity, to take the most stark example, is a pro-business (86 percent), Christian conservative (78 percent), Tea Party-backer (75 percent) with no college degree (66 percent), who is over age 50 (65 percent), supports the NRA (73 percent), doesn’t back gay rights (78 percent) and thinks government “does too much” (84 percent). “He’s got a niche audience and he’s programmed to it beautifully,” says a former News Corp. colleague. “He feeds them exactly what they want to hear.”

Who watches Fox News?

Adults...

While the children watch Madcow biching about birth control --- like birth control is something she and her girlfriends are worried about...

FOX puts on display, for all to see, that Conservatives want to mimic Saudi Arabia..as long as the religion is Christian.

Who watches Fox News?

Adults...

While the children watch Madcow biching about birth control --- like birth control is something she and her girlfriends are worried about...

Yes because it's "Adult" to call someone "Madcow" while making fun of contraception.

That's what "Adults" do..

:eusa_shhh:

FOX puts on display, for all to see, that Conservatives want to mimic Saudi Arabia..as long as the religion is Christian.

Saudi Arabia?? lol

and we ARE a Christian nation... regardless of what you progs think.

Adults...

Yes because it's "Adult" to call someone "Madcow" while making fun of contraception.

Oh, I'm quite certain that I didn't type "Madcow" ---- it would certainly be a lower case 'm' to illustrate her insignificance....

Adults...

...and I wasn;t making fun of contraception --- I was making fun of the leasbian on TV who claims to give a crap about contraception...

Adults...

...and I wasn;t making fun of contraception --- I was making fun of the leasbian on TV who claims to give a crap about contraception...

:dig:

As demonstrated in the last election, Fox provides a great service to Liberals

Its primary service is that it keeps Republicans in line. Any Republican who strays from the current GOP dogma of Kill Obamacare, cut taxes, deny global warming, ban abortion, fight any gun restrictions ...is instantly and savagely attacked. This has resulted in the destruction of the GOP moderate and leaves independents and moderates with no choice but liberal moderates

Fox also serves as an echo-chamber for republican views. Those who watch nothing but Fox believe the rest of the country believes as they do. Republicans believe that the country loves them, that they are leading in the polls and if not, the polls are wrong. Real elections are a wake-up call which Fox quickly spins as....."They stole the election" or "They offer free stuff"

The last thing liberals need is an end to Fox

Though I do enjoy watching Fox News even though I'm a bleeding heart liberal, I do not respect them as a news outlet since Anne Coulter claimed that radiation was actually good for you and said it around the time of the Fukushima nuclear accident. Though Fox has the right to exist since other networks in the past have had a slightly liberal bias. Though I miss the old Hannity and Colmes show; I kept expecting Sean to give Alan a wedgie or something.

Forum List

Back