Sad Day

Haliburton moved to Dubai in 2007. I guess that was Bush's fault.

Please tell us the name of your company so we can make sure we buy nothing from them.

Thanks.

Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here because of "the global economic slowdown and tough times in the energy industry" brought about by the anti-American Energy producer policies of the Obama Regime.

you might want to blame corporations who like outsourcing.

or you can blame eight years of destroying our economy which resulted in the melt down before this president ever took office.

or you can blame the 'free market' you like so much.

either way, i'm sorry for the people losing their jobs but idiots like you keep supporting imbecilic polices.

how easy is it to get a job in election politics?

Very easy. Usually you've got to start as a volunteer, be really good at your job, and you'll get a paid position. Do it for a while, make contacts, and there you go.

any openings for philaeabo?

Well, I work for Democrats mostly. So I doubt he'd want to work on the campaigns that I work on.

But I'm sure there's some rabid far right nutcase that needs campaign workers too.

Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here because of "the global economic slowdown and tough times in the energy industry" brought about by the anti-American Energy producer policies of the Obama Regime.

or you can blame eight years of destroying our economy which resulted in the melt down before this president ever took office.

either way, i'm sorry for the people losing their jobs but idiots like you keep supporting imbecilic polices.
Interesting how his story changed from no one is buying what his company makes to his company is moving elsewhere because that is where the buyers are.

A liar, imo.

Interesting how his story changed from no one is buying what his company makes to his company is moving elsewhere because that is where the buyers are.

A liar, imo.

no surprises... the losers love the free market until it effects them.

same as they hate 'entitlements' til it comes to cutting their own social security benefits.

only field that's remotely recession-proof is health care.

Nope. My field is recession proof as well, if not more so than healthcare.

I work in election politics.

start with working voluntarily with a political organization or club and you'd be amazed at how someone who's worth their salt gets picked up for a paid position.

I am seeing a lot more jobs posted. No where near enough to make up for what got lost. I hope things get better soon, if only for my sake

You asshole libs don't even know how to read, I never said I lost my job.

=elvis;2218039]

Very easy. Usually you've got to start as a volunteer, be really good at your job, and you'll get a paid position. Do it for a while, make contacts, and there you go.

any openings for philaeabo?[/QUOTE]

start with working voluntarily with a political organization or club and you'd be amazed at how someone who's worth their salt gets picked up for a paid position.

How long is the voluntary period?

Depends on how good you are, how much effort you put in. I was put on staff on the first campaign I worked on after volunteering for a week or so, putting in about 50-60 hours of volunteer time in that week.

I work for a large oil service company (over 200,000 employees). Just the job that our location did was moved. Due to the downturn in domestic drilling it no longer is profitable for our location to operate. I was transfered to another location. Dubai has a favorable business climate where it will be profitable to do what our location was doing.

What company do you work for Philo?

And why did it move to Dubai?

I work for a large oil service company (over 200,000 employees). Just the job that our location did was moved. Due to the downturn in domestic drilling it no longer is profitable for our location to operate. I was transfered to another location. Dubai has a favorable business climate where it will be profitable to do what our location was doing.

Schlumberger? Are you going to work out of Dubai?

slavery and middle age policies sure do work for hte rich & in power

Why bother to blame Obama for this? This is pure capitalism at it's finest.

Forum List

Back