Sad Day

I hope they're prepared to weather a long period of unemployment. Jobs are NOT plentiful in Obama's America.

He wants us all to learn how to rely on umemployment insurance, food stamps and other government gimmies to support ourselves and our families. In return for these "generous" freebies, he expects us all to bow down at his feet and worship him--with our votes.

Just say NO. NO to Barry Soetoro. NO to layoffs. NO worship. NO bowing down.

Meat once or twice a month (bologna only) is no way to live---but that's standard fare in today's USA. Thanks to our Kin....uh....President.

:(

You are an idiot. Don't lay the fruit of Republican policies at Obama's feet.

There's NO ONE that's a bigger idiot than your dumb ass.

AMEN!

Notice I didn't dignify his post with a reply.... What a dumbass he is. :lol:

Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here because of "the global economic slowdown and tough times in the energy industry" brought about by the anti-American Energy producer policies of the Obama Regime.

Crock of shit, old boy. Your shutdown is due to the policies that preceded President Obama. And we are about to put on another crew, because of increases in orders. And will be given raises this year, regular and merit.

Business is not good yet, and there will still be people looking for work, but things are looking far better than they did in the last few months of the previous administration.

No Second Great Republican Depression.

another post illustrating that people like you should be banned from voting.

Such a very sad feeling this thread had left me with. The focus of this administration has been on free everything and higher taxes, than on the economy and jobs. My deepest empathy for all of those who have lost their souls, to one who wants to own them.

Aqua*

Except taxes are down for 95% of the country.

Try again. :thup:

Yet idiots like you dont understand that the top 5% whom are being killed by Obama taxes own these huge companies that are laying people off.

When was the last time a poor man gave you a job?

Taxes have NOT gone up for ANYONE.

Are you seriously blaming unemployment on high taxes for the rich?

Yet idiots like you dont understand that the top 5% whom are being killed by Obama taxes own these huge companies that are laying people off.

the ARE going up later this year for EVERYONE. once the taxcuts expire. and no they weren't only for the rich.

Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here because of "the global economic slowdown and tough times in the energy industry" brought about by the anti-American Energy producer policies of the Obama Regime.

This is the result of deregulation.

You have been voting against your self interest for enough years that it just paid off for you.

2-1/2 years ago the boss was telling us that we sold a record amount of tools and they were hiring more machinists. Now because not enough people in the US are needing our downhole tools the company is moving our manufacturing operation to Dubai. If you want to stay in business you go where the money is.

You want to connect those dots for us?

Can you connect those dots back to Obama, or will that trail of policies and laws actually take you back through one administration after the other regardless of political party?

Your partisan musings on the problem of free trade and internatiinal business (which we obviously both agree exists) are ignorant as hell, lad.

2 1/2/ years ago was under Bush Jr. with all the inflated markets. When the markets went "pop" the economy started to sink. Remember the housing bubble?

Your boss made predictions for hiring based on the bullshit that Bush Jr. had artificially inflated the economy with by taking out regulations.

The economy goes pop, you've got too many workers, and now you have to lay some off.

My question would be, what are the profits of your company, and did any CEO's get a raise?

Answer those questions before blaming Obama.

Nobody ever gave me a job, idiot! I perform services for their money. If their money is inadaquete, I go somewhere else. If my services are, they get somebody else.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Without someone to "give" you Conservatives something, you would have nothing. After all, it is we in the Blue states that are subsidizing your lazy asses.

dementia giving you trouble again, fuckstain?

the ARE going up later this year for EVERYONE. once the taxcuts expire. and no they weren't only for the rich.

That may be true.

But they haven't yet. It's a logical fallacy to blame unemployment on a theoretical FUTURE tax increase, especially since unemployment has been going up for 3 years, and now is starting to go down.

Are you spending or holding your money? Without the demand for products they'll be no demand for more workers. Just a cold hard fact.

get a job in a recession-proof field instead of being a factory slave to rich people

only field that's remotely recession-proof is health care.

Nope. My field is recession proof as well, if not more so than healthcare.

I work in election politics.

how easy is it to get a job in election politics?

I work in computer security & forensics. unless people stop committing crimes with computers (forensics part) or the govenrment stops regulating large companies to get security assessments, I will have a job for a long time to come.

I work in computer security & forensics. unless people stop committing crimes with computers (forensics part) or the govenrment stops regulating large companies to get security assessments, I will have a job for a long time to come.

you mean they aren't going to outsource that job to India? and how many openings are there in that field per applicant?

Link?

I guess we can't be told what company this is? Would that ruin the anti-Obama talking point?

btw, there was a major recession in the so-called oil patch (which included this kind of business) back in the 80's...

...back when Reagan was president. I guess that was his fault.

only field that's remotely recession-proof is health care.

Very easy. Usually you've got to start as a volunteer, be really good at your job, and you'll get a paid position. Do it for a while, make contacts, and there you go.

you mean they aren't going to outsource that job to India? and how many openings are there in that field per applicant?

no it takes a good bit of skill so indian people won't be able to ever do that. you also have to work onsite quite a bit for security and for forensics you have to maintan chain of custody in your lab for evidence/court/trials.

about your second question - IT security is one of the fasting growing fields and is predicted to explode. the government (dhs,nsa,etc) is shitting money to colleges in order for them to start information assurance (gov name for computer security&forensics type stuff) programs since there is a severe shortage of peopl ein the field. companies are begging for people with expertise in the field since there is so few. the field also pays really well. I have a special situation with my company so I get paid more than usual, but even people with a 4 year CS degree with a concentration in information assurance can expect to me at least 50k a year right after college and many people crack six figures within the first 5 to 7 years after.

with the new cybersecurity bill and the growth of computer security awareness in general, the field is only going to get much, much larger

Forum List

Back