Sad Day

I wish that McCain had won the Presidency.

That way, all of the cons who lost their jobs wouldn't be able to blame it on anyone or anything except for plain old bad luck.

(Because it obviously wouldn't be the President's fault if a Republican was in office)

Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here because of "the global economic slowdown and tough times in the energy industry" brought about by the anti-American Energy producer policies of the Obama Regime.
A company that can't ride out the recession probably should have never started to begin with.

That is THE MOST un thought out thing I have ever seen anyone fucking say on the political boards. You have surpassed rdean!

:clap2:
:eusa_angel: Just channeling my inner rightwingloon. It is true, though, that a business must plan ahead for the worst. Recessions happen and bad business decisions (like expanding too fast, hiring too many people, misjudging what people will buy) aren't the fault of the sitting president.

But it's easy to blame others for your problems. :thup:

Um, there was this guy named George W. Bush . . . .

There was this one guy.... Bill Clinton, he signed this agreement....

Oh horse pucky. Eight years of out of control spending by the Bush administration, immediately preceding the relatively short period of time President Obama has been in office.

Don't try and lay this problem at anyone's feet except those of George W. Bush.

Ame®icano;2217065 said:
Such a very sad feeling this thread had left me with. The focus of this administration has been on free everything and higher taxes, than on the economy and jobs. My deepest empathy for all of those who have lost their souls, to one who wants to own them.

Aqua*

Except taxes are down for 95% of the country.

Try again. :thup:

What country? The US?

Prove it.

Pretty easy.

When 10% of Americans are out of work and collecting unemployment .... or have exhausted those benefits and have no benefits, no salary or are scrambling to make ends meet flipping burgers, the tax base goes WAY DOWN.

Even on Unemployment federal and state taxes are owed and must be paid. However, unemployment is a far cry from a worker's former paycheck, which was taxed and they paid more into the system based on a higher income.

For those lucky enough to still have their job, many have had to take furlough days, pay cuts, hourly cuts, and hence, their average wages have decreased.

Hence, no matter how you slice it, for most Americans the tax base DECREASED. Not because taxes went down, but because they MADE LESS OR NO MONEY.

Ever heard of the Earned Income Tax Credit? A LOT of peeps took that credit this year who otherwise would never have been qualified for it when they worked. Why? They have families to feed and made less (or no) money, so Unca Sam owed them thousands of dollars for NOTHIN!

Get a clue, mis Amigo!

Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here
You have made America's Hemorrhoid stuttering LimpTard happy beyond measure.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

That's not your way of blaming him is it? :eusa_eh:
No. It's my way of showing how much the leading voice of CON$ervoFascism hates America and enjoys watching her people suffer.

From the same rant:

November 5, 2008
RUSH: There is nothing to me -- well, I can't say nothing, there are things I like more than this -- but, folks, you talk about euphoria, I get euphoric when I turn the light on inside some stupid person's brain. Well, does that sound cruel, Mr. Snerdley?

Except taxes are down for 95% of the country.

Try again. :thup:

Yet idiots like you dont understand that the top 5% whom are being killed by Obama taxes own these huge companies that are laying people off.

When was the last time a poor man gave you a job?

Nobody ever gave me a job, idiot! I perform services for their money. If their money is inadaquete, I go somewhere else. If my services are, they get somebody else.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Without someone to "give" you Conservatives something, you would have nothing. After all, it is we in the Blue states that are subsidizing your lazy asses.

Fuck off dickhead......I own a business that employs people. I am, unlike you, a productive citizen that contributes to this country not leech off the rest of hard working Americans.

That is why the Democrats is the party of welfare and Republicans is the party of working class and upper class. We produce not suck the tit of govt like the scum you are.

Who cares?

Barry says you have the lowest taxes eva!

Fuck work, prosperity and a strong economy!

Funny how all the left wingers here are lauding Obama's tax cuts for the middle class...just like Bush's middle class tax cuts...say Obama raised the taxes on the rich yet we still have an increase in the National debt and budget deficit.

Last edited:
Today was the last day for 2/3 of the 200 employees where I work. The company I work for is closing the downhole tool manufacturing plant here because of "the global economic slowdown and tough times in the energy industry" brought about by the anti-American Energy producer policies of the Obama Regime.

I'm sorry to hear this.

2-1/2 years ago the boss was telling us that we sold a record amount of tools and they were hiring more machinists. Now because not enough people in the US are needing our downhole tools the company is moving our manufacturing operation to Dubai. If you want to stay in business you go where the money is.

You want to connect those dots for us?

Can you connect those dots back to Obama, or will that trail of policies and laws actually take you back through one administration after the other regardless of political party?

Your partisan musings on the problem of free trade and internatiinal business (which we obviously both agree exists) are ignorant as hell, lad.

It's a shame.

The Feds give money to banks on Wall Street at 0% interest - and then borrow the money back and pay the banks 4%. That money is then used to expand government, harming the private sector.

It's pretty clear that Obama's vision is to make us all wards and serfs of the state.

I'm a mechanical designer, not an economist. All I know is that when the previous administration was in charge it was all good, now it's gone to hell.

2-1/2 years ago the boss was telling us that we sold a record amount of tools and they were hiring more machinists. Now because not enough people in the US are needing our downhole tools the company is moving our manufacturing operation to Dubai. If you want to stay in business you go where the money is.

Can you connect those dots back to Obama, or will that trail of policies and laws actually take you back through one administration after the other regardless of political party?

Your partisan musings on the problem of free trade and internatiinal business (which we obviously both agree exists) are ignorant as hell, lad.

I'm a mechanical designer, not an economist. All I know is that when the previous administration was in charge it was all good, now it's gone to hell.

I guess those Bush Tax cut....."Trickle down" never got to you. I hear it went to China instead

It's a shame.

The Feds give money to banks on Wall Street at 0% interest - and then borrow the money back and pay the banks 4%. That money is then used to expand government, harming the private sector.

It's pretty clear that Obama's vision is to make us all wards and serfs of the state.

That is exactly what is happening. State by state. People are losing their jobs and being forced onto the government teat in order to feed their kids and survive.

Unemployment benefits and free healthcare, while helpful, aren't the answer.

JOBS ARE.

REAL SOLID JOBS, with REAL SOLID PAYCHECKS and benefits.

That is the ONLY way out of this mess.

Too bad Barry Soetoro's vision of America is more aligned with Stalin than Reagan.

Stupid motherfucker is in WAY over his head and he's too dumb to know it. :evil:

I hope they're prepared to weather a long period of unemployment. Jobs are NOT plentiful in Obama's America.

He wants us all to learn how to rely on umemployment insurance, food stamps and other government gimmies to support ourselves and our families. In return for these "generous" freebies, he expects us all to bow down at his feet and worship him--with our votes.

Just say NO. NO to Barry Soetoro. NO to layoffs. NO worship. NO bowing down.

Meat once or twice a month (bologna only) is no way to live---but that's standard fare in today's USA. Thanks to our Kin....uh....President.

:(

You are an idiot. Don't lay the fruit of Republican policies at Obama's feet.

There's NO ONE that's a bigger idiot than your dumb ass.

Yet idiots like you dont understand that the top 5% whom are being killed by Obama taxes own these huge companies that are laying people off.

When was the last time a poor man gave you a job?

Nobody ever gave me a job, idiot! I perform services for their money. If their money is inadaquete, I go somewhere else. If my services are, they get somebody else.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Without someone to "give" you Conservatives something, you would have nothing. After all, it is we in the Blue states that are subsidizing your lazy asses.

Fuck off dickhead......I own a business that employs people. I am, unlike you, a productive citizen that contributes to this country not leech off the rest of hard working Americans.

That is why the Democrats is the party of welfare and Republicans is the party of working class and upper class. We produce not suck the tit of govt like the scum you are.

Thank you for your service to this country. Thank you for keeping jobs here in the USA and thank you for keeping Americans employed. What you are doing is a service to all of America and makes you a great American.

I think we will see, more and more, that in doing that you are just as important to this country as our military service people.

Well done. Again....I thank you! :clap2:

Forum List

Back