Sacrificing Our Daughters: Abortion and Sexual Predation

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
Sacrificing Our Daughters
Abortion and Sexual Predation
May 2, 2005

Note: This commentary was delivered by Prison Fellowship President Mark Earley.

You've seen all the press lately on parents' demanding to know if a sexual predator is in their neighborhood. Likewise, what parent wouldn't want evidence of a possible sexually based offense against a child reported to the authorities?

Yet, when my good friend state Attorney General Phillip Kline recently took steps to make these things happen, it was labeled an "inquisition." Why? The almost sacred status of the "right to an abortion."

Earlier this year, Phillip Kline, the attorney general of Kansas, subpoenaed the medical records of ninety women "who received late-term abortions at two Kansas clinics in 2003." In his application to the Kansas Supreme Court, Kline made his reasons for the request clear: to see if the clinics had violated Kansas law against late-term abortions and to investigate possible sexual predators.

Kline's critics immediately seized on his pro-life beliefs and labeled his request a "fishing expedition." Kline, who is under a gag order not to discuss specifics of the case, replied that "the issue in this case is whether abortion clinics are above the law." Without the records, the state argues, there's no way to make a "reasonably informed judgment" about what went on in the clinics and in those late-term abortions.

An equally important and outrageous issue here is the possible failure by abortion clinics to report sex crimes against minors.

According to Kansas health officials, seventy-eight girls under the age of 15 had abortions there in 2003. Since, under Kansas law, as in most states, no girl under fifteen can legally consent to sex, these girls were all the victims of, at least, statutory rape, a sex crime punishable by as much as thirteen years in prison.

This highlights a little-known and even less-discussed aspect of the abortion industry: In addition to destroying a human life, the abortion clinics can also withhold or destroy evidence of a crime. The abortion industry, as we all know, promotes the image of being responsible, of helping frightened teenaged girls whose boyfriends got them pregnant. What they know and neglect to mention to parents or to the police is that those "boyfriends" are, more often than not, adults.

A study by Mike Males of the University of California, Irvine, found that "roughly half of the babies born to 15-year-old mothers were fathered by adult men no longer in school." Even worse, Males and his colleagues found that the "younger the girl [giving birth], the wider the age gap." There's every reason to believe that what is true in the maternity ward is also true at the abortion clinic. The men getting 15-year-old girls pregnant aren't lustful teenagers; they're sexual predators.

These are the only people benefiting from the opposition to Kline's investigation. Invoking the "right to privacy" and "doctor-patient privilege" when 14-year-olds are involved only makes it easier for their assailants to victimize someone else's child.

Isn't it sadly ironic that in such a "safety-conscious" society we tolerate this state of affairs? It's proof, if you need it, of the almost religious significance of "abortion rights." Nothing, not even our daughters' well-being, can interfere with these rights. And they call us fanatics!

Get links to further information on today's topic
For printer-friendly version, simply visit www.breakpoint.org and click on Today's Commentary. The printer-friendly link is on the left-hand column.

Copyright (c) 2005 Prison Fellowship

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

That's interesting, though I'm not surprised.

Its a guy thing for sure though. I always felt unseemly considering dating a freshman as a senior in high school. Then when I stepped back from the situation and observed, I realized it was even worse than that. The number of 19-21 year olds dating 14-15 year old girls was very high.

Shit, ladies there's a reason they're hitting on you... they can't get girls their own age.

Mr. P said:
Hey, just castrate all men and the problem is over.. :rolleyes:

Now, Mr. P.... castration wouldn't solve the problem. Especially not all men. Some ladies really enjoy their husbands' sex drives!

But these men should be prosecuted. I can't understand why anyone would oppose parental consent laws or information that would help prosecute pedophiles.

mom4 said:
Now, Mr. P.... castration wouldn't solve the problem. Especially not all men. Some ladies really enjoy their husbands' sex drive!

But these men should be prosecuted. I can't understand why anyone would oppose parental consent laws or information that would help prosecute pedophiles.

SImple----the feminazis want to start em young

mom4 said:
Now, Mr. P.... castration wouldn't solve the problem. Especially not all men. Some ladies really enjoy their husbands' sex drives!

My tongue in cheek post was to show abortion clinics have nothing to do
with this problem. It's existed for all time..It's a Man/woman, Parent/ Child
problem.

Mr. P said:
problem.
It certainly hasn't been legally protected for "all time".

Mr. P said:
problem.

It is also against the law and therefore also a criminal problem. Much like a shrink could not allow a child to tell him about molestation without having it brought to the authorities abortion clinics should be unable to "council" young women and learn of such a crime committed (in CO it is rape, no such thing as statutory) and let it pass.

The assumption that one group should be allowed to protect the guilty who has victimized my daughter is disgusting to me.

You guys still don't get it...The problem is not who can tell and who can't.
It's way beyond that...focus grasshoppers and solve the problem.

EDIT: HINT...It's not the clinics nor the doctors, or the law.

Mr. P said:
You guys still don't get it...The problem is not who can tell and who can't.
It's way beyond that...focus grasshoppers and solve the problem.

EDIT: HINT...It's not the clinics nor the doctors, or the law.

Well, of course they aren't the root of the problem. The root is the sickening depravity and selfishness of these men. But if forcing abortion clinics to report these crimes could stop a man from repeating this behavior, why not go for it? We shouldn't just say, "That's not the root of the problem," and do nothing. We can't control people's minds, but we can punish their behavior.

mom4 said:
Well, of course they aren't the root of the problem. The root is the sickening depravity and selfishness of these men. But if forcing abortion clinics to report these crimes could stop a man from repeating this behavior, why not go for it? We shouldn't just say, "That's not the root of the problem," and do nothing. We can't control people's minds, but we can punish their behavior.
So if ya find em the clinic, punish em. Simple.. :bangheads

Mr. P said:
Sure, but the problem with that that everyone seems to ignore is..it takes two... :eek:

And the problem with that is ignoring the fact that we are speaking of underage girls, not of consenting adults. That is exactly the same thing as saying it takes two when speaking of pedophilia. Clearly it does, but only one person is breaking the law, the other is a victim.

Often in pedophilia the young child believes they are making a choice, that they love the person that is victimizing them. They are even willing to lie in order to protect the perpetrator of the crime, it is one of the reasons that it is often difficult to prosecute such victimization and predation on children.

That the child is slightly older in these cases doesn't change the fact that a law was broken and a child was victimized. To allow people in trust to "council" and at the same time protect the very people that victimize them is a dichotomy that we cannot afford.

no1tovote4 said:
And the problem with that is ignoring the fact that we are speaking of underage girls, not of consenting adults. ...
I'd never ignore that, nor would I ignore the 14, 15, 16 year old sluts out there that take great pride in being with an older man.
That's what I'm talking about..Not the slim balls that target kids..
My guess would be these girls are the ones in the clinics...why? because they do it all the time.

Mr. P said:
I'd never ignore that, nor would I ignore the 14, 15, 16 year old sluts out there that take great pride in being with an older man.
That's what I'm talking about..Not the slim balls that target kids..
My guess would be these girls are the ones in the clinics...why? because they do it all the time.

toss the statutory rape laws, Mr P.?

Forum List

Back