'S.C. Republican: Aid like feeding strays'

He also said this, also from the article the op posted a link to.

"You see, for the first time in the history of this country, we've got more people voting for a living than we do working for a living,”
Where is his evidence?

If he's talking about the elderly population we have there may be a point...but those people worked for a living for years and years and years.

I just posted a quote saying he said it.
It does appear that in saying what he did about strays that the rest of what he said indicates that his platform is one of cutting spending.
I personally doubt if it is true in the literal sense, but i don't have evidence to dispute his statement either.

A few years ago I was driving home on Rte. 17c with the family and we were going through White Lake, NY. For those that don't know, that is the little town just outside where Woodstock happened. Just to the west of Bethel is a little farm just north of the highway. As we were driving by this farm, My wife notices a strange sight.

The farmer was headed to his barn and behind him was what had to have been 100 cats. All of them with their tails high. It was obvious that the cats were expecting to be feed. It struck Me as a daily ritual. We both had a laugh at the sight. But this memory is what came to mind when I read the OP.

When you feed strays, the problems you create are often more then you can ever hope to solve. It drives home the lesson that once you create a dependence, that dependence will likely remain for the life of the animal that requires your help for sustenance.

The Church is designed to help in this kind of need.

The Federal Government is not.

Can anyone tell Me why?

My guess is that churches and other such charities serve the poor as thier stated mission. They do so with donations made by people who make those donations expecting some attempt at fulfillment.
The government on the other hand, must use collected taxes to perform the mission of helping the poor. The taxpayers are forced to pay their taxes and have no choice in how their money is spent, but most taxpayers expect their taxes to support the workings of the government.

It's a government of the People. The People can elect representatives who will do absolutely nothing for the poor, if enough of the People vote that way.
Unless of course enough people who believe otherwise decide that the best way to have their way is to belittle and demean those who properly think that government that creates dependence is wrong.

He also said this, also from the article the op posted a link to.

"You see, for the first time in the history of this country, we've got more people voting for a living than we do working for a living,”
Where is his evidence?

If he's talking about the elderly population we have there may be a point...but those people worked for a living for years and years and years.

It does appear that in saying what he did about strays that the rest of what he said indicates that his platform is one of cutting spending.
I personally doubt if it is true in the literal sense, but i don't have evidence to dispute his statement either.
Cutting spending is one thing. Letting children starve because their parents are assholes is another.

And comparing the poor to starving animals is pretty ridiculous.

:lol:

Where is his evidence?

Cutting spending is one thing. Letting children starve because their parents are assholes is another.

So, you don't understand it. There is no shame in admitting that you don't know.

Last edited:
A few years ago I was driving home on Rte. 17c with the family and we were going through White Lake, NY. For those that don't know, that is the little town just outside where Woodstock happened. Just to the west of Bethel is a little farm just north of the highway. As we were driving by this farm, My wife notices a strange sight.

The farmer was headed to his barn and behind him was what had to have been 100 cats. All of them with their tails high. It was obvious that the cats were expecting to be feed. It struck Me as a daily ritual. We both had a laugh at the sight. But this memory is what came to mind when I read the OP.

When you feed strays, the problems you create are often more then you can ever hope to solve. It drives home the lesson that once you create a dependence, that dependence will likely remain for the life of the animal that requires your help for sustenance.

The Church is designed to help in this kind of need.

The Federal Government is not.

Can anyone tell Me why?

My guess is that churches and other such charities serve the poor as thier stated mission. They do so with donations made by people who make those donations expecting some attempt at fulfillment.
The government on the other hand, must use collected taxes to perform the mission of helping the poor. The taxpayers are forced to pay their taxes and have no choice in how their money is spent, but most taxpayers expect their taxes to support the workings of the government.
Not what I was looking for as an answer. You are right in your assessment and mechanics.

Let Me put it this way.

What possible reason can any State have in telling people that feeding bears and deer in the heart of winter is doing more harm to them the good? Even though you can see that they are suffering?

Well, bear is a bad example. Bears sleep during the winter....But you get the idea.

I live in a pretty remote area with lots of wildlife. When the wildlife gets dependent on humans for their food, we usually have to kill them as a nuscience. In addition, if the population of deer or elk, or bear or antelope or even feild mice exceeds the natural food supply, the entire population suffers more disease and malnutrition.
When it happens to the elk here, we have what fish and game calls a "depredation hunt" to lower the elk population to a sustainable level.
I can see where some of that might apply to people, but who gets to go on the "depradation hunt" in South Carolina? :lol::lol:
By the way, Not all bears sleep all winter I saw one last Tuesday, and there is over a foot of snow on the ground.

Not what I was looking for as an answer. You are right in your assessment and mechanics.

Let Me put it this way.

What possible reason can any State have in telling people that feeding bears and deer in the heart of winter is doing more harm to them the good? Even though you can see that they are suffering?

Well, bear is a bad example. Bears sleep during the winter....But you get the idea.

I live in a pretty remote area with lots of wildlife. When the wildlife gets dependent on humans for their food, we usually have to kill them as a nuscience. In addition, if the population of deer or elk, or bear or antelope or even feild mice exceeds the natural food supply, the entire population suffers more disease and malnutrition.
When it happens to the elk here, we have what fish and game calls a "depredation hunt" to lower the elk population to a sustainable level.
I can see where some of that might apply to people, but who gets to go on the "depradation hunt" in South Carolina? :lol::lol:
By the way, Not all bears sleep all winter I saw one last Tuesday, and there is over a foot of snow on the ground.
Very much so.

When the popluation becomes dependent upon humans, they are weakened and unable to survive.

When people become dependent upon government, they become weakened and unable to survive.

That is why it is wrong for the Government to feed strays.

Where is his evidence?

Based on the articles the op linked to and another article in the Charleston news, I think he doesn't want to let children starve, and used the cats as an analogy.
I think, based entirely on what I read online today, that he wants to put those recieving public benefits to work, like Bill Clinton did.

Where is his evidence?

Well stated...

Its the same "Let them eat cake" mindset

Well stated...

Its the same "Let them eat cake" mindset

Nope, when you read everything he said, it becomes clear it isn't "let them eat cake".
It's more like let those lazy slackkers get off their ass ans support themselves.

It's always been a popular theme among politicians. Where do you think the term 'welfare mother' came from, congress.

It's a government of the People. The People can elect representatives who will do absolutely nothing for the poor, if enough of the People vote that way.
Unless of course enough people who believe otherwise decide that the best way to have their way is to belittle and demean those who properly think that government that creates dependence is wrong.

Are your taxes lowered because you have children?

No one feeds My children but Me.

But I could feed them better if My government didn't think that the way to win votes and remain in power is to create dependence among the populace.

I'll bet if a poll could be taken of all those cats on that farm, every one of them would have voted to keep the farmer in charge....right up until the farmer couldn't feed them anymore.

Funny things is. They would vote him out even though they were the reason he could not feed them anymore.

But if they could feed themselves.....why the possibilities are limitless.

But as I said. The leftist mindset is to focused upon gaining, holding and exercising power of the masses to understand the lesson. It will be the end of us all, that mindset.

Now excuse Me. I plan on doing a bit of homework and then watching the Saints kick the Vikings ass.

So, you don't understand it. There is no shame in admitting that you don't know.
:cuckoo: I understand. The guy thinks you shouldn't give charity to children, whether it is charity from the people of the country or charity from charitable organizations.

In his opinion, giving people food simply encourages them to breed.

It is a pretty soulless belief, true or not. And since most people care about the survival of their species, it's a pretty fucking stupid belief, to boot.

Based on the articles the op linked to and another article in the Charleston news, I think he doesn't want to let children starve, and used the cats as an analogy.
I think, based entirely on what I read online today, that he wants to put those recieving public benefits to work, like Bill Clinton did.
Which people? The children??? That's what he's talking about. He's saying if the parents don't fall into line he thinks aid should be cut off. That would be fine if it were adults we were talking about. But that isn't who he's talking about.

He's talking about punishing children because their parents don't go to freaking PTA meetings.

But I could feed them better if My government didn't think that the way to win votes and remain in power is to create dependence among the populace.

I'll bet if a poll could be taken of all those cats on that farm, every one of them would have voted to keep the farmer in charge....right up until the farmer couldn't feed them anymore.

Funny things is. They would vote him out even though they were the reason he could not feed them anymore.

But as I said. The leftist mindset is to focused upon gaining, holding and exercising power of the masses to understand the lesson. It will be the end of us all, that mindset.

Now excuse Me. I plan on doing a bit of homework and then watching the Saints kick the Vikings ass.

You get a major tax cut because you have children. You get a handout from the government, because you have children, that those of us who don't have children don't get.

You are as much a stray feeding off the government as are the poor kids getting a free school breakfast. And you don't even have to be poor to get it.

:cuckoo: I understand. The guy thinks you shouldn't give charity to children, whether it is charity from the people of the country or charity from charitable organizations.

In his opinion, giving people food simply encourages them to breed.

It is a pretty soulless belief, true or not. And since most people care about the survival of their species, it's a pretty fucking stupid belief, to boot.
The survival of our species is pretty much not in doubt. Particularly in terms of food.

But it is NOT a soulless belief. It is an acknowledgment of reality. There is a very real possibility that we all could face jeopardy should the kind of mentality continue that government should feed the strays.

It is far better to teach people to care for their own and learn how to survive without the aid of governments. In the end, we all win if that happens.

You get a major tax cut because you have children. You get a handout from the government, because you have children, that those of us who don't have children don't get.

You are as much a stray feeding off the government as are the poor kids getting a free school breakfast. And you don't even have to be poor to get it.
Yep. Scratch a conservative, expose a hypocrite. Never fails.

I get nothing from government. I should not even be paying the taxes to begin with. If you don't get tax break perhaps you should start questioning the tax to begin with.

Jeez. Attack a fellow citizen for getting something you support and then complain because you don't get the same thing? Are you for real?

Here is what I want. Stop taxing Me completely. And stop taxing you completely.

There. Feel better now?

Yep. Scratch a conservative, expose a hypocrite. Never fails.
You don't even know what a conservative is.

Forum List

Back