Russia Giveth.....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
...and, now....threatens to take back!!!

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think."
Horace Walpole

I guess that's why I'm laughing at this news story.

1. "Russia Threatens Invasion If North Korea Nuclear Rhetoric Continues

.....the Kremlin has come out against the hermit kingdom, warning continued nuclear threats could justify an invasion.

The warning was issued in the form of a written statement from the Russian foreign ministry. It follows North Korea’s threat it would engage in a “preemptive and offensive nuclear strike” in reaction to the start of joint U.S.-South Korean war games Monday.

“We consider it to be absolutely impermissible to make public statements containing threats to deliver some ‘preventive nuclear strikes’ against opponents,” said the statement, as translated by the Russian TASS news...."
Russia Threatens Invasion If North Korea Nuclear Rhetoric Continues

2. This is only funny if one knows the history involved.
North Korea was created as a result of the Korean War

3. The Korean War occurred because Joseph Stalin unleashed his communist attack dogs on what is South Korea.

"It is clear today, based on archival evidence, unearthed by researchers in Russia and released in the United States, that "Absent an atomic bomb, Stalin would not have released Pyongyang's army to conquer the entire Korean peninsula. Confident that his possession of atomic weapons neutralized America's strategic advantage, Stalin was emboldened to unleash war in Korea in 1950."
Haynes, Klehr, and Vassiliev, "Spies: The Rise and Fall of the KGB in America," p. 143, 545.
And Romerstein and Breindel,"The Venona Secrets," p. xv, 253.

4. And the only reason Stalin had the bomb is because of the embrace of Soviet communism by Franklin Roosevelt.

Now, Russia has to reel in their dog.

“History doesn’t repeat itself but it often rhymes,” as Mark Twain is often reputed to have said.

Horace Walpole

.....the Kremlin has come out against the hermit kingdom, warning continued nuclear threats could justify an invasion.

The warning was issued in the form of a written statement from the Russian foreign ministry. It follows North Korea’s threat it would engage in a “preemptive and offensive nuclear strike” in reaction to the start of joint U.S.-South Korean war games Monday.

“We consider it to be absolutely impermissible to make public statements containing threats to deliver some ‘preventive nuclear strikes’ against opponents,” said the statement, as translated by the Russian TASS news...."

3. The Korean War occurred because Joseph Stalin unleashed his communist attack dogs on what is South Korea.

"It is clear today, based on archival evidence, unearthed by researchers in Russia and released in the United States, that "Absent an atomic bomb, Stalin would not have released Pyongyang's army to conquer the entire Korean peninsula. Confident that his possession of atomic weapons neutralized America's strategic advantage, Stalin was emboldened to unleash war in Korea in 1950."
Haynes, Klehr, and Vassiliev, "Spies: The Rise and Fall of the KGB in America," p. 143, 545.

4. And the only reason Stalin had the bomb is because of the embrace of Soviet communism by Franklin Roosevelt.

“History doesn’t repeat itself but it often rhymes,” as Mark Twain is often reputed to have said.

"against the hermit kingdom"

I have never heard that before... that made me laugh so hard.

All true. Sad to see the left-wingers here twirl and spin, to try and claim it wasn't their ideology that caused this mess.

Horace Walpole

All true. Sad to see the left-wingers here twirl and spin, to try and claim it wasn't their ideology that caused this mess.

The dunce in post three pretends he doesn't care, as you say, "their ideology that caused this mess."

But he does....that's why he's posted here.

Just to rub it in....I might add the sort of things that Roosevelt did in order to curry favor with Stalin.

Horace Walpole

The dunce in post three pretends he doesn't care, as you say, "their ideology that caused this mess."

Just to rub it in....I might add the sort of things that Roosevelt did in order to curry favor with Stalin.

Oh yes. Roosevelt was naive, and dreaming that Stalin... Uncle Joe, was really "for the people". I guess it was in honor of the sacrifice of the Russians in fighting the Nazis... but then Stalin made a deal with Hitler to begin with, to carve up Poland... which all the lefties conveniently forget.

It's amazing what you can choose to 'not remember' when you are an ideologue.

Horace Walpole

Oh yes. Roosevelt was naive, and dreaming that Stalin... Uncle Joe, was really "for the people". I guess it was in honor of the sacrifice of the Russians in fighting the Nazis... but then Stalin made a deal with Hitler to begin with, to carve up Poland... which all the lefties conveniently forget.

It's amazing what you can choose to 'not remember' when you are an ideologue.

"....which all the lefties conveniently forget."

You're being far too kind to them......

"The deniers first deceive themselves that they are sincere in their adherence to falsehoods. Thus they cannot be faulted for acting on genuinely held views.

But in truth, they have cultivated an ignorance of the facts, what Thomas Aquinas called ignorantia affectata. An ignorance so useful that one protects it at all costs, in order to continue using it in one’s own self interest. This ignorance is not exculpatory, but inculpatory.

Forgive them not, for they know full well what they do.'
RICHARD BADALAMENTE

Forum List

Back