how did Abraham Lincoln doctor got lighning,when treat him after got shot?

96bram

Rookie
Mar 2, 2016
hi. I kinda curious about Abraham Lincoln assasination. he got shot at night,and get operated at night.after reading several source,I got few curiousity

1.He got shot at 10.15 pm. and got probed few hours later. did for that few hours, it just dr charles leale put out blood clot from his head? or there's something they done?

2.And my main curiousity,its late.how they got enough lighning for looking for his wound?there's no electric in that era. I wonder if gas lamp is that strong

3.What whiskey for? Did Lincoln able to swallow whiskey after he got shot?

4.What did Williard Bliss did to President?

hi. I kinda curious about Abraham Lincoln assasination. he got shot at night,and get operated at night.after reading several source,I got few curiousity

1.He got shot at 10.15 pm. and got probed few hours later. did for that few hours, it just dr charles leale put out blood clot from his head? or there's something they done?

2.And my main curiousity,its late.how they got enough lighning for looking for his wound?there's no electric in that era. I wonder if gas lamp is that strong

3.What whiskey for? Did Lincoln able to swallow whiskey after he got shot?

4.What did Williard Bliss did to President?

they didnt need a lot of light to see a 1/2 inch hole in his head

The doctor probed with his pinkie and cleared the clots. Gunshot wounds were popular at the time both in practice and training.

Assuming you mean 'lighting'- both candles and lamps were used for lighting at the time.

I don't believe gas lighting was used yet- but surgeons were used to operating with candles and lamps.

so they used candles and lamps ,and can go through small hole in head? wow thats cool..thanks for letting me know. they were great surgeon

Forum List

Back