Rush Limbaugh the flip-flopper.

He spoke at CPAC. He got the head of the RNC to apologize to him. And the Republican governor of Louisiana thought it was important enough to comment on the thing.

That's just a cursory search over the topic. He has a great deal of influence over conservative thinking and Republican policy. He's much more then an "entertainer". What troubles the "left" is that no one voted for him. Kinda like Grover Norquist.
No one voted for G.E. yet they run Obama's Economic Council.

This takes the cake on flip-flopping:

In 2008 Rush endorses Mitt Romney, then in 2011 can't wait to take a shot at him. Major flip-flop and he has lost all credibility with me, he is no longer on my listening dial. What's changed Rush?? Romney has not changed his positons nor has he been in public office for the last 3-4 years?

Rush endorsed him after Romney's health care plan passed, yet now he doesn't? It looks pretty suspicious to me. He has lost all credibility with me, especially when he attacks our own GOP candidates. He wants to attack someone, attack the current occupant of the White House and leave the GOP to fight it out on their own. We will pick the winner, not Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh *endorses Mitt Romney « Hot Air

Levin, Hannity, Ingraham and now Nobel nominee Rush Limbaugh (membership req’d): Big talk radio swings unanimously for Mitt Romney. Rush makes several solid points that you’ve heard before, mostly regarding how McCain represents the GOP’s national security wing, Huckabee represents its social conservative wing, and Ron Paul represents the economic conservative wing, but Romney is the one candidate who represents all three by himself. Romney is a late convert to all three, which as I wrote the other day explains why conservatives have taken so long to warm up to him.

Mitt Romney is still the same guy that he is talking about above.

Okay, number one Rush talked about his backing of Romney in 2008 in his show YESTERDAY! (10/24/11)

Some STUPID woman sent an email having a fit with Rush for not backing Romney 110% before any primaries have even happened.

(My guess is, its the same stupid woman who wrote this op! :lol::lol::lol::lol:)

Rush fully admitted his backing of Romney in 2008. It's no secret. There is no flip flop whatsoever.

So, why the backing in 2008 as compared to now?

BECAUSE IT'S ROMNEY THAT'S FLIP FLOPPING! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Romney was talking very straight line conservatism in 2008. Now, Romney is pulling a McCain in this election.

McCain already had the "moderate" candidate thing mapped out for himself in 2008. So Romney tacked right.

Now that McCain is gone, Romney is trying to fill his shoes and Rush isn't the only one that notices.

Romney was definitely running right of both McCain and Huckabee at this time in 2007.

That's not the case now. We have candidates far more conservative than Romney for this election season.

Last but not least, RUSH HASN'T ENDORSED ANYONE THIS ELECTION SEASON!

All he has done is criticized Romney for tacking left this campaign season.

Like Rush wouldn't voice criticisms just because he backed Romney in 2008?

HOW STUPID CAN THE OP BE!

Rush backed Newt Gingrich when Gingrich was being conservative.

When Newt started schmoozing with Hillary Clinton and other liberals, Rush let his opinion be known.

That's not flip flopping, THAT'S BEING CONSISTENT.

This op is just another ROMNEY IDIOT furious with Rush for not kissing Romney's butt.

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rush is a scumbag of the highest order, a mere junkie seeking his next high.

I won't go that far, he does do some good things, especially the fundraiser he does for people with blood diseases. But, I do think that he needs to think more before he sets his mouth in motion. Sometimes there is too much of an immediate connection between his mouth and his brain. He speaks before he knows.

In 2008 Rush endorses Mitt Romney, then in 2011 can't wait to take a shot at him. Major flip-flop and he has lost all credibility with me, he is no longer on my listening dial. What's changed Rush?? Romney has not changed his positons nor has he been in public office for the last 3-4 years?

Rush endorsed him after Romney's health care plan passed, yet now he doesn't? It looks pretty suspicious to me. He has lost all credibility with me, especially when he attacks our own GOP candidates. He wants to attack someone, attack the current occupant of the White House and leave the GOP to fight it out on their own. We will pick the winner, not Rush Limbaugh.

Levin, Hannity, Ingraham and now Nobel nominee Rush Limbaugh (membership req’d): Big talk radio swings unanimously for Mitt Romney. Rush makes several solid points that you’ve heard before, mostly regarding how McCain represents the GOP’s national security wing, Huckabee represents its social conservative wing, and Ron Paul represents the economic conservative wing, but Romney is the one candidate who represents all three by himself. Romney is a late convert to all three, which as I wrote the other day explains why conservatives have taken so long to warm up to him.

Okay, number one Rush talked about his backing of Romney in 2008 in his show YESTERDAY! (10/24/11)

Some STUPID woman sent an email having a fit with Rush for not backing Romney 110% before any primaries have even happened.

(My guess is, its the same stupid woman who wrote this op! :lol::lol::lol::lol:)

Rush fully admitted his backing of Romney in 2008. It's no secret. There is no flip flop whatsoever.

Romney was talking very straight line conservatism in 2008. Now, Romney is pulling a McCain in this election.

McCain already had the "moderate" candidate thing mapped out for himself in 2008. So Romney tacked right.

Now that McCain is gone, Romney is trying to fill his shoes and Rush isn't the only one that notices.

Romney was definitely running right of both McCain and Huckabee at this time in 2007.

That's not the case now. We have candidates far more conservative than Romney for this election season.

When Newt started schmoozing with Hillary Clinton and other liberals, Rush let his opinion be known.

This op is just another ROMNEY IDIOT furious with Rush for not kissing Romney's butt.

Nice try!

Name the candidates that are more conservative than Mitt. Name them.

Nice try!

Okay, if you are that stupid, that you want to claim that there aren't more conservative candidates than the guy who's blueprint was used for Obamacare, I'm not going to even bother. You obviously aren't interested in a real debate.

You ARE that stupid woman that emailed Rush yesterday, aren't you?

You sound just as unhinged.

Who cares about Rush ?
The GOP!

The Battle Over Earmarks (Bribes)
November 08, 2010
RUSH: The problem with earmarks is that they are used as bribes to thwart the will of the people.

May 16, 2011
RUSH: I have never been one to base my entire view of a politician on whether or not they supported earmarks, 'cause it's not that much money. I understand the moral aspect and I understand that earmarks open up the opportunity for blackmail and this kind of thing. I understand all the arguments about them. You know, McCain hardly a purist, made earmarks the centerpiece of a failed presidential campaign. It just ain't that big a deal! It certainly is not enough to disqualify somebody from being pure. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, one of the leading conservatives in the Senate, insists that earmarks are actually a more responsive way to reach the voters -- respond to the voters, the will of the people -- than leaving such decisions to unelected bureaucrats. He wants to spend the money.

He says (paraphrased): "Look, this earmark money is going to be spent. I'd rather the elected representatives of the people do it than some faceless bureaucrat at some agency or some president." That's his view.

December 15, 2010
RUSH: According to other reports, this monstrosity has more than 6,000 earmarks. There are reportedly at least $8 billion -- actually I think it's more than that now, $8 billion worth of earmarks, it includes at least a billion dollars in additional spending for Obamacare.

RUSH: I'm fuming in here, folks. I am burning up. No, I'm livid.

Yes, Earmarks are not a good thing they run up our debt, always have, it's a way policians think they can buy our vote. I had not heard this one, thanks. Sounds like Rush needs to get a little educated before he spouts off.
Actually I posted it to show a typical MessiahRushie flip-flop.

One day he says earmarks are bribes that thwart the will of the people and another day they are a way to respond to the will of the people. One day earmarks are no big deal to him and another day they have him fuming and livid.

Nice try!

Okay, if you are that stupid, that you want to claim that there aren't more conservative candidates than the guy who's blueprint was used for Obamacare, I'm not going to even bother. You obviously aren't interested in a real debate.

Obviously, your critical thought just failed because you are unable to name any of the candidates who are " more" conservative than Romney. Names and examples please and FYI, I have thoroughly studied the health care plan in Ma and compared that to Obama care and there is little comparison, you just decided jump on the band wagon because you are pissed about Obamacare.

The GOP!

The Battle Over Earmarks (Bribes)
November 08, 2010
RUSH: The problem with earmarks is that they are used as bribes to thwart the will of the people.

May 16, 2011
RUSH: I have never been one to base my entire view of a politician on whether or not they supported earmarks, 'cause it's not that much money. I understand the moral aspect and I understand that earmarks open up the opportunity for blackmail and this kind of thing. I understand all the arguments about them. You know, McCain hardly a purist, made earmarks the centerpiece of a failed presidential campaign. It just ain't that big a deal! It certainly is not enough to disqualify somebody from being pure. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, one of the leading conservatives in the Senate, insists that earmarks are actually a more responsive way to reach the voters -- respond to the voters, the will of the people -- than leaving such decisions to unelected bureaucrats. He wants to spend the money.

He says (paraphrased): "Look, this earmark money is going to be spent. I'd rather the elected representatives of the people do it than some faceless bureaucrat at some agency or some president." That's his view.

December 15, 2010
RUSH: According to other reports, this monstrosity has more than 6,000 earmarks. There are reportedly at least $8 billion -- actually I think it's more than that now, $8 billion worth of earmarks, it includes at least a billion dollars in additional spending for Obamacare.

RUSH: I'm fuming in here, folks. I am burning up. No, I'm livid.

Yes, Earmarks are not a good thing they run up our debt, always have, it's a way policians think they can buy our vote. I had not heard this one, thanks. Sounds like Rush needs to get a little educated before he spouts off.

One day he says earmarks are bribes that thwart the will of the people and another day they are a way to respond to the will of the people. One day earmarks are no big deal to him and another day they have him fuming and livid.

You have a quote of this.

My guess it's from Think Progress or Media Matters.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obviously, your critical thought just failed because you are unable to name any of the candidates who are " more" conservative than Romney. Names and examples please and FYI, I have thoroughly studied the health care plan in Ma and compared that to Obama care and there is little comparison, you just decided jump on the band wagon because you are pissed about Obamacare.

You ARE that crazy woman who's email Rush Limbaugh read.

That's why you are fuming in here today, because Rush (and I) were laughing our butts off at you, yesterday!

LOL!

Notice she won't address ROMNEY/OBAMACARE?????????

When you are honest enough to address that, THEN AND ONLY THEN, can we honestly address who's more conservative than Romney.

I hate to break it to you but Romney isn't the only guy who can beat Obama.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He spoke at CPAC. He got the head of the RNC to apologize to him. And the Republican governor of Louisiana thought it was important enough to comment on the thing.

That's just a cursory search over the topic. He has a great deal of influence over conservative thinking and Republican policy. He's much more then an "entertainer". What troubles the "left" is that no one voted for him. Kinda like Grover Norquist.

I think that he has been voted for in terms of ratings. He has 20 million people listening to him. And in many ways, he reflects what his audience thinks.

The point I made earlier was that he tried to endorse Romney in 2008, and his own audience wasn't buying it. He wasn't about to make that mistake again.

He did not just try to endorse Romney, he did endorse Romney.

I don't want him or any of the other talk show hosts endorsing anyone, but then don't go on the attack on any of them either. Once the primary is over they can cheerlead all they want. If he has got 20 million listeners he just lost millions of them, as 25% still strongly support Romney as that number has not dropped at all. That's 50 million who just stopped being listeners.
Of course the flip-flopper claims he didn't endorse anyone in the 2008 primaries because all his endorsements flopped, though he doesn't admit that is the reason.

June 13, 2011
RUSH: Okay, so nothing to worry about here, don't deliver votes. I don't deliver votes, nothing to worry about here. And, by the way, I did not campaign against John McCain for two years. This is the thing the primary people got mad at me about. I stayed out of it. I did not endorse anybody in the primary, but anyway that's water under the bridge.

Of course on alternate days he did and didn't endorse people in the 2008 primaries.

January 4, 2008
RUSH: People need leadership. It's one of my mantras. They want leadership. And to a lot of these people, I am their leader. And they think that I am AWOL on leadership because I don't come out and endorse a candidate, and because I don't come out and go through the candidates' particulars and suggest this is good, this is bad. I have actually been doing that; if anybody listens regularly, they shouldn't really be having a tough time figuring out who I like and who I don't like.

CALLER: Totally.

RUSH: But nevertheless, maybe that kind of subtlety is not powerful enough to get through.

January 21, 2008
RUSH: I'm the one has this in perspective. Now, you ask, on the one hand, you want me to endorse somebody, and I say no. Then you think I have, when I haven't, and I get hell on the phones from people who think I've endorsed somebody. I haven't. Now, you want to know why I haven't endorsed anybody? Screw the word endorsement. You know why I'm not coming out and saying, "I support this guy more than the other" in those exact words? It's because I can't control these people.

Exactly what you mindless DittoZombies are programmed to say. :rofl::lmao:

That's why you are fuming in here today, because Rush (and I) were laughing our butts off at you, yesterday!

LOL!

When you are honest enough to address that, THEN AND ONLY THEN, can we honestly address who's more conservative than Romney.

I just did, there was little comparison- Romney's health care plan dealt ONLY with the 8% in Ma who were without health care insurance, many of those were the " bullet proof" healthy, who were able to buy their own health care insurance, who showed up at the emergency rooms to let YOU flip the bill with higher premium costs and taxes. Personally, I am sick and tired of paying for those people and until you can legislate " personal responsibility" ( which is a conservative idea) you are going to have to mandate.

Obamacare- raises taxes- Romney's didn't.

Obamacare- cuts medicare by 500 billion- Romney's didn't touch medicare.

Obamacare forces people to lose their current insurance- Romney didn't touch it.

Obamacare will force people into a one-payer total government control system. Again Romney care set up exchanges, where people could shop through PRIVATE INSURERS to get the best plan for themselves.

Romney expanded HSA's and high deductible plans- through the FREE MARKET.

Romney has instilled a plan where there is no more free ride driving up premiums and taxes on the responsible. Even medicaid has a sliding scale, where the grave train has been ended in Ma. What's not conservative about this plan?

Rush Limbaugh is all about Rush Limbaugh. Consider what he 'believes' and how he acts. His personal life is a mess; he's been married and divorced at least twice, he has no children, he was addicted to narcotics, smokes tobacco and his sense of humor is mean spirited.

Yet, he opposes the ACLU and allowed them to defend him; he supports the defense of marriage act and traded in two (?) wives, criticizes parents and never raised a child. He fosters hate for drug users, gay and lesbian citizens and anyone who isn't a conservative, faux or otherwise, and appeals to the worst of human nature - avarice, bigotry and the callous disregard for others.

LOL!

I just did, there was little comparison- Romney's health care plan dealt ONLY with the 8% in Ma who were without health care insurance, many of those were the " bullet proof" healthy, who were able to buy their own health care insurance, who showed up at the emergency rooms to let YOU flip the bill with higher premium costs and taxes. Personally, I am sick and tired of paying for those people and until you can legislate " personal responsibility" ( which is a conservative idea) you are going to have to mandate.

Obamacare forces people to lose their current insurance- Romney didn't touch it.

Obamacare will force people into a one-payer total government control system. Again Romney care set up exchanges, where people could shop through PRIVATE INSURERS to get the best plan for themselves.

Romney has instilled a plan where there is no more free ride driving up premiums and taxes on the responsible. Even medicaid has a sliding scale, where the grave train has been ended in Ma. What's not conservative about this plan?

I am waiting for your responce teapartysamari- bring it on.

I think that he has been voted for in terms of ratings. He has 20 million people listening to him. And in many ways, he reflects what his audience thinks.

The point I made earlier was that he tried to endorse Romney in 2008, and his own audience wasn't buying it. He wasn't about to make that mistake again.

I don't want him or any of the other talk show hosts endorsing anyone, but then don't go on the attack on any of them either. Once the primary is over they can cheerlead all they want. If he has got 20 million listeners he just lost millions of them, as 25% still strongly support Romney as that number has not dropped at all. That's 50 million who just stopped being listeners.
Of course the flip-flopper claims he didn't endorse anyone in the 2008 primaries because all his endorsements flopped, though he doesn't admit that is the reason.

June 13, 2011
RUSH: Okay, so nothing to worry about here, don't deliver votes. I don't deliver votes, nothing to worry about here. And, by the way, I did not campaign against John McCain for two years. This is the thing the primary people got mad at me about. I stayed out of it. I did not endorse anybody in the primary, but anyway that's water under the bridge.

Of course on alternate days he did and didn't endorse people in the 2008 primaries.

January 4, 2008
RUSH: People need leadership. It's one of my mantras. They want leadership. And to a lot of these people, I am their leader. And they think that I am AWOL on leadership because I don't come out and endorse a candidate, and because I don't come out and go through the candidates' particulars and suggest this is good, this is bad. I have actually been doing that; if anybody listens regularly, they shouldn't really be having a tough time figuring out who I like and who I don't like.

RUSH: But nevertheless, maybe that kind of subtlety is not powerful enough to get through.

January 21, 2008
RUSH: I'm the one has this in perspective. Now, you ask, on the one hand, you want me to endorse somebody, and I say no. Then you think I have, when I haven't, and I get hell on the phones from people who think I've endorsed somebody. I haven't. Now, you want to know why I haven't endorsed anybody? Screw the word endorsement. You know why I'm not coming out and saying, "I support this guy more than the other" in those exact words? It's because I can't control these people.

Rush NEVER endorses anyone in the primaries.

That doesn't mean he doesn't voice his opinion. DUH! That's what he does for a living.

He's been on the air for more than 20 years.

Some times the candidates he backs win. Sometimes they lose.

And your point?

People forget that Rush warned that if McCain was our candidate he was going to lose.

Rush was right!

Shall we see if the guy YOU endorse shall win in 2012?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Exactly what you mindless DittoZombies are programmed to say. :rofl::lmao:

In other words YOU DON'T HAVE A QUOTE.

Exactly what you liberals say when you know you are lying and someone called your bluff.

June 13, 2011

January 4, 2008

January 21, 2008

That doesn't mean he doesn't voice his opinion. DUH! That's what he does for a living.

And your point?

People forget that Rush warned that if McCain was our candidate he was going to lose.

Rush was right!

So you admit your MessiahRushie is a liar! He said he endorses candidates in a subtle way that should be obvious to anyone who listens to him regularly.
Thank you.

June 13, 2011

January 4, 2008

January 21, 2008

And your point?

Rush was right!

Hello??????????? See the link, as even you stated, Rush Limbaugh endorced Mitt Romney for the 2008 primary. I don't want him endorsing anyone, as it's the individual voter who should be doing the studying on ALL of the candidates before they vote. But, he has no business what-so-ever trashing any of our GOP candidates and he has bashed Mitt Romney everyday that I have been listening to him lately and I am flat sick of it. Obviously, he has not taken the time to read anything either, he's a mouth piece and that's it, talking the same ole crap.

LOL!

Romneycare is a MESS in Taxachusetts right now!

Lexington Libertarian: Romneycare Bankrupt, Gov. Patrick Imposes Price Controls

Romneycare is bankrupting Massachusetts

Romney care is BANKRUPTING Taxachusetts.

Yet all you can tell us in the face of this is, "Oh but Romney had such 'good intentions' for Romney care."

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's what every liberal says when their bright ideas fall into disaster. "But they had good intentions!"

The FACT is Obamacare IS modeled on Romneycare. So much so Romney advisors helped on Obamacare.

Yet, Romney is the guy we need in the Whitehouse to repeal Obamacare?

Romney is the most conservative candidate????????

YOU ARE THE WOMAN THAT EMAILED RUSH YESTERDAY.

That's why you won't answer my question about this. You know I have you nailed. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are either someone working for the Romney campaign or you are a liberal who wants Romney to be our candidate because you know Obama can beat him.

It's not a new tactic. That's why liberals crossed the aisle to vote for McCain in 2000 and 2008.

I notice you have dropped even talking about Rush being a flip flopper.

Why don't you admit the real reason for this thread is you are just furious held your email up for derision, yesterday.

You're unhinged lady.

Calm down. Of course people are going to laugh at you, if you sound that crazy.

Forum List

Back