Rush Caller Bags on Gens. Gates, Clark

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Politically correct boot-lickers...

RUSH: Let me stop you here because people may not know. We're talking Somali pirates. We're talking about the Maersk cargo ship that a bunch of Somali pirates, teenagers, took over. One of them eventually died, and the media credited Obama -- honest to God, folks, the media credited Obama -- with giving the order to pull the trigger. Now you may resume the story, sir.

CALLER: Okay. When they finally did engage the hostiles, they did it liberally interpreting the ROE, and the on-site commander finally was kind of fed up with the situation and gave them a weapons-free command and they were able to engage and rescue Captain Phillips. The fallout from that was immediate and rather violent in its anger. The White House people -- I don't know the president himself, I just know their representatives with the chain of command -- were absolutely livid with this and they did not want the rescue to be conducted in the way that it was. You know, I cannot prove this because I would have to give names and I'm not giving names for obvious reasons. But the bottom line is that on very good, solid inside information, the national command authority past the Pentagon was not happy.

RUSH: So let me cut to the chase here. So what I think I hear you saying is the blowback that you mentioned is, this is payback for the SEALs violating the ROE on this captain of the Maersk; and this is the chain of command reasserting itself, letting everybody know who's boss and what's going to happen to you if you don't follow orders?

CALLER: That is my rather experienced opinion -- and, frankly, the opinion of others. I am very close to the special operations community here in North Carolina, and, you know, that opinion is surfacing. These people are very vindictive -- and you have to understand, Mr. Limbaugh, you're very pro-military, and you always say wonderful things about our people in service, and we greatly appreciate it. But I do have to say this, and I'd like to make this one point. I've had two sons, by the way. My two eldest sons have done multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. The military of today is not the military that fought World War II. It is not even the military that fought the first Gulf War. It is a military that has been thoroughly politicized. It is a military that is suffering the fallout of Patricia Schroeder's ridiculous, politically correct policies that still have great power and sway in the military. And I'm just going to have to tell you: I do not mean to impugn the junior personnel in the military, the line troops, the junior officers. I'm not talking about these people. These people are doing a fine job. They're outstanding people. But the senior ranking, the civilian and senior ranking military personnel are thoroughly indoctrinated and on board with this politically correct agenda that's in the military.

RUSH: Yeah. I'll tell you the most recent example of it. A glaring example was General Casey, more concerned about the "diversity" in his Army than the loss of life at Fort Hood.

CALLER: General Casey, sir, and Wesley Clark are not the exceptions in the upper echelons. They are the rule. Those are the kinds of men that are running the show and they will throw the junior personnel under the bus to save themselves every time. And that is my opinion. Again, I don't mean to impugn any of the junior people.

RUSH: We know what you mean. We know exactly what you mean.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: Everything's been politically correctized -- chickified, if you will. That's one of the things I call it. Can you hold on for a break?

The Captain of a United States Ship HAS TOTAL control over any and all aspects of what happens or is done aboard his vessel. HE ALONE gives the orders to the crew to carry out their duties. He doesn't have a fricken bat phone directly to the Presidents desk so he can ask him if it's OK to shoot pirates. Each Navy ship is a miniature dictatorship answerable only to their respective ISIC's and/or Type Commanders.

This is what's called the burden of command. He's accountable to his chain of command for the orders he gives aboard his vessel. He doesn't wait around for the President to give him orders...hell...with Obama calling the shots Captain Philips would STILL BE IN THAT LIFEBOAT waiting to get rescued!

As much as Rush supports the military, and I appreciate it that he's such an avid supporter, it still remains one area he knows nothing about. Anyone who served is probably embarrassed at some of Rush's comments, well-intentioned as they may be, when it comes to the military. As Patek points out, the Navy captain made the call knowing all the risks that came with that decision. Out in the sea, the captain is the Supreme Authority.

One other point: while I strongly disagree with Wesley Clark's politics, I believe him to be one of the finest officers to have ever served. I also served under Gen. Casey and believe him to be a warrior who certainly only believes in victory.

Rush would have made a wonderful officer. Its a shame that his severe medical infirmities kept him from serving our country

One other point: while I strongly disagree with Wesley Clark's politics, I believe him to be one of the finest officers to have ever served. I also served under Gen. Casey and believe him to be a warrior who certainly only believes in victory.

What is this "victory"? The death of the West? They're on the march, indeed. Clark fought a war in Europe on the principle that "we will bomb them into multiculturalism". Casey thinks "diversity" is more important than soldiers' lives or the integrity of military. This makes for "fine officers" and "warriors"?

These guys are fucking Redcoats. Give me the rag-tag revolutionaries any day.

What is this "victory"? The death of the West? They're on the march, indeed. Clark fought a war in Europe on the principle that "we will bomb them into multiculturalism". Casey thinks "diversity" is more important than soldiers' lives or the integrity of military. This makes for "fine officers" and "warriors"?

Let's see.....

General George Casey: Airborne, RANGER, CG 1st Armored Division, CG Multi-National Force-Iraq and current Chief of Staff for the US Army.

General Wesley Clark: Airborne, RANGER, Commander of the National Training Center, CG 1st Cavalry Division, CINC-SOUTHCOM, CINC-SACEUR. One combat tour in Vietnam where he was shot four times yet maintained control of his men as he organized a counterattack that defeated the Viet Cong attackers.

Yeah, these are warriors.

Where did you pay your dues?

It sounds true. I hope it's not, but knowing Obama, it could well be true, and if so, this is so fucking sick and low, even for our Muslim Marxist President.

The Captain of a United States Ship HAS TOTAL control over any and all aspects of what happens or is done aboard his vessel. HE ALONE gives the orders to the crew to carry out their duties. He doesn't have a fricken bat phone directly to the Presidents desk so he can ask him if it's OK to shoot pirates. Each Navy ship is a miniature dictatorship answerable only to their respective ISIC's and/or Type Commanders.

This is what's called the burden of command. He's accountable to his chain of command for the orders he gives aboard his vessel. He doesn't wait around for the President to give him orders...hell...with Obama calling the shots Captain Philips would STILL BE IN THAT LIFEBOAT waiting to get rescued!

So somehow this is Obama's fault. Again! Damn that guy. For someone who does nothing, he sure is responsible for freaking everything, just like here.

Rush would have made a wonderful officer. Its a shame that his severe medical infirmities kept him from serving our country

Try to deal with a visual of why that fat ass didnt serve. I hate these type chickenhawks. They make me sick.

Good thing you have Obama and Biden eh?

If Obama served a day in Kenya, he'd have more time served than Biden

So somehow this is Obama's fault. Again! Damn that guy. For someone who does nothing, he sure is responsible for freaking everything, just like here.

I think you miss the point. Obama never intended to give the SEALS the go-ahead. However, the ROE had loopholes, and the Navy commander took advantage of it. I agree with Patek that while the White House certainly wasn't happy about the decision, they had very little choice but to give the appearance of having authorized the action.

Anyone who has served in the military, particularly those who have served under similar conditions where combat decisions have to be made on-the-spot, knows that the White House didn't call up the SEALS and give them the order to execute. Combat simply doesn't work that way. It's too fluid to micromanage from thousands of miles away.

Navy command is unique from all other military commands. It is as Patek describes: a miniature dictatorship answerable only to the skipper.

Yeah, Limbaugh is very "pro-military" as long as his fat-ass doesn't have to go and carry a rifle.

Rush could have carried a rifle...its just that he had a very sensitive disposition and was succeptable to diaper rash

What are you babbling about now? Reading is fundamental Zona....and comprehension of the english language will help you move up the ladder instead of remaining a bottom feeder your whole life wondering why you drive a Yugo.

Yeah, Limbaugh is very "pro-military" as long as his fat-ass doesn't have to go and carry a rifle.

Rush could have carried a rifle...its just that he had a very sensitive disposition and was succeptable to diaper rash

And sand in his vagina.

I really admire these men who found their sense of bravery when they turned 50.

Very inspiring.

Let's see.....

General George Casey: Airborne, RANGER, CG 1st Armored Division, CG Multi-National Force-Iraq and current Chief of Staff for the US Army.

General Wesley Clark: Airborne, RANGER, Commander of the National Training Center, CG 1st Cavalry Division, CINC-SOUTHCOM, CINC-SACEUR. One combat tour in Vietnam where he was shot four times yet maintained control of his men as he organized a counterattack that defeated the Viet Cong attackers.

Yeah, these are warriors.

Where did you pay your dues?

Adolf Hitler was heavily decorated in WWI, though I'm sure you'd be quick to denounce him.

Probably one of the greatest military men of all time was Fidel Castro, yet I despise what he stands for, ideologically.

I am impressed by military valor, but even more by those who stand up for what's right. Clark and Casey don't have the integrity for that... they're willing to use their skills in the service of evil -- namely, political correctness that kills white people. It does no good to be a "good man" who does no good.

Politically correct boot-lickers...

RUSH: Let me stop you here because people may not know. We're talking Somali pirates. We're talking about the Maersk cargo ship that a bunch of Somali pirates, teenagers, took over. One of them eventually died, and the media credited Obama -- honest to God, folks, the media credited Obama -- with giving the order to pull the trigger. Now you may resume the story, sir.

CALLER: Okay. When they finally did engage the hostiles, they did it liberally interpreting the ROE, and the on-site commander finally was kind of fed up with the situation and gave them a weapons-free command and they were able to engage and rescue Captain Phillips. The fallout from that was immediate and rather violent in its anger. The White House people -- I don't know the president himself, I just know their representatives with the chain of command -- were absolutely livid with this and they did not want the rescue to be conducted in the way that it was. You know, I cannot prove this because I would have to give names and I'm not giving names for obvious reasons. But the bottom line is that on very good, solid inside information, the national command authority past the Pentagon was not happy.

RUSH: So let me cut to the chase here. So what I think I hear you saying is the blowback that you mentioned is, this is payback for the SEALs violating the ROE on this captain of the Maersk; and this is the chain of command reasserting itself, letting everybody know who's boss and what's going to happen to you if you don't follow orders?

CALLER: That is my rather experienced opinion -- and, frankly, the opinion of others. I am very close to the special operations community here in North Carolina, and, you know, that opinion is surfacing. These people are very vindictive -- and you have to understand, Mr. Limbaugh, you're very pro-military, and you always say wonderful things about our people in service, and we greatly appreciate it. But I do have to say this, and I'd like to make this one point. I've had two sons, by the way. My two eldest sons have done multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. The military of today is not the military that fought World War II. It is not even the military that fought the first Gulf War. It is a military that has been thoroughly politicized. It is a military that is suffering the fallout of Patricia Schroeder's ridiculous, politically correct policies that still have great power and sway in the military. And I'm just going to have to tell you: I do not mean to impugn the junior personnel in the military, the line troops, the junior officers. I'm not talking about these people. These people are doing a fine job. They're outstanding people. But the senior ranking, the civilian and senior ranking military personnel are thoroughly indoctrinated and on board with this politically correct agenda that's in the military.

RUSH: Yeah. I'll tell you the most recent example of it. A glaring example was General Casey, more concerned about the "diversity" in his Army than the loss of life at Fort Hood.

CALLER: General Casey, sir, and Wesley Clark are not the exceptions in the upper echelons. They are the rule. Those are the kinds of men that are running the show and they will throw the junior personnel under the bus to save themselves every time. And that is my opinion. Again, I don't mean to impugn any of the junior people.

RUSH: We know what you mean. We know exactly what you mean.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: Everything's been politically correctized -- chickified, if you will. That's one of the things I call it. Can you hold on for a break?

I think I need to vomit. This Administration makes me sick. I served under 6 Presidents and I am so glad I missed this one.

Forum List

Back