Rudy Giuliani's Law License Suspended in Washington, D.C.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
That's two dominoes. I'm wondering if New Jersey is next.

Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law in Washington, DC

Rudy Giuliani's law license has been suspended in Washington, DC, after he temporarily lost his license in New York for pushing election lies and that state court system looks further into his case.

The appeals court in DC said Giuliani would be suspended from working as an attorney in the city "pending outcome" of his situation in New York, according to disciplinary court records.

Giuliani doesn't regularly practice law in court -- and hadn't for several years before representing then-President Donald Trump in 2020 in a failed legal bid to throw out the popular vote in Pennsylvania and other states. But the law license suspension is still a major blow to the former Manhattan US attorney and political figure, once considered an accomplished and formidable force in legal circles.
CNN has reached out to Giuliani for comment.

MPbX6OD.jpg

The news ain't getting better for America's Mayor....Rudy G.

More news this week that Trump is stiffing him on the legal bills.
His Go-Fund-Me page is tanking.

And then this reportage in today's WaPo about the DC Court of Appeals:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"July 7, 2021|Updated today at 7:03 p.m. EDT

The D.C. Court of Appeals has temporarily barred Rudolph W. Giuliani from practicing law, following a similar decision in New York.

A committee of judges in New York determined last month that Giuliani was unfit to keep practicing law after he “communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large” while representing former president Donald Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with their efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

On Wednesday the D.C. Court of Appeals agreed.

Neither decision is final, but disciplinary proceedings can last for years and could ultimately lead to sanctions including stripping an attorney of their law license.

The New York suspension order says
Giuliani fabricated claims about dead people voting in Pennsylvania and Michigan, felons and minors voting in Georgia, and undocumented people voting in Arizona.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* My avatar underlined the last sentence for emphasis.
In case you are fan of Haley Joel Osment of "I see dead people" fame.

From yesterday's Vanity Fair:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"RUDY GIULIANI’S LEGAL DEFENSE FUND HAS RAISED $9,590 (JUST $4,990,410 TO GO!)

Donald Trump reportedly cut Giuliani off for asking to be paid for his post-election legal work."

ps........On the 'Dead People's Vote' that Rudy is neck-deep in (and his star witness in Michigan, Melissa Carone, actually observed).....well, if any of you are also seeing the voting dead, I have a request:

If you see my dear departed Mum, tell her to call me.

I know it's been decades since she's been gone, but........

A recent genealogical search by a cousin has raised some questions......that we need to sit down and discuss.

So, if you would. Pass it along. She can even text. I left my cell number in her casket.

And, by the way, tell her she was a good Mom despite always......always.......leaving out a key step or ingredient from the recipes she bequeathed to my bride, Precious Flower.

Thanks, folks, I'd appreciate it.

A lawyer defends his client and the NY judicial system claims he is unfit to practice because they didn't like what he said? This is craziness above and beyond what democrats used to be capable of. Meanwhile the governor of N.Y. stands accused of sexual misconduct and avoids charges of criminal negligence in the deaths of about 10,000 nursing home residents as a result of his incredibly flawed executive order and claims that he will run for a 5th term.

"......he is unfit to practice because they didn't like what he said?"

Yupper, poster whitehall, it can happen.
Most especially, when that aforementioned lawyer has repeatedly lied to the court.

Remember, attorneys before the bar are 'officers of the court', they have a duty to be honest to the judge.
Violating that puts the attorney....and his client.....at risk.

You lie. There could be consequences.
Any attorney who can fog a mirror knows that.

Here, this may help you:

officer of the court
n. any person who has an obligation to promote justice and effective operation of the judicial system, including judges, the attorneys who appear in court, bailiffs, clerks and other personnel. As officers of the court lawyers have an absolute ethical duty to tell judges the truth,......."

Is it really true that Trump didn't pay him for his work on the election?

Does that mean, he was not Trump's lawyer, and Trump does not have attorney client privilege with him as thought?

Look! Another lying leftist for me "ignore" list. Congratulations!

I'm more concerned with that stuttering fuck that continues to shit the bed every time it's trotted out to a camera.... any news on Josef Stolen?

Rudy claims his 1st Amendment rights are being violated. WRONG! His sworn duty as a lawyer to be honest and never lie takes precedence! So, Rudy, stop lying and you'll be better off and at peace with yourself! Bigly!!!

Forum List

Back