Rubio

President Marco Rubio.

Get used to it.

He is a fucking jerk! Obama is not the one dividing America. He is, he and the bigots targeting Muslims......

Marco Rubio Slams Obama's Speech On Fighting Islamophobia

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) somehow found a way to criticize President Barack Obama's speech on Wednesday denouncing anti-Muslim bigotry.

Rubio, who often stresses religious liberty and his own faith on the campaign trail, said Obama's words at a Baltimore mosque were intended to divide, rather than unite, the American people.

"I'm tired of being divided against each other for political reasons like this president's done," Rubio said at a Wednesday campaign stop in Dover, New Hampshire. "Always pitting people against each other. Always! Look at today: He gave a speech at a mosque. Oh, you know, basically implying that America is discriminating against Muslims."

Obama is dividing America.
How ?. Just because your boy Rubio said so it does not make it true. He and his minions can mindlessly string words together, and you and your ilk can swallow them whole but that does not mean that they make any sense.'

Perhaps you can explain what exactly President Obama said at the Mosque that was divisive and in what way. Who was being " pitted against" who? If you think that calling out bigots is divisive, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

President Marco Rubio.

Get used to it.

He is a fucking jerk! Obama is not the one dividing America. He is, he and the bigots targeting Muslims......

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) somehow found a way to criticize President Barack Obama's speech on Wednesday denouncing anti-Muslim bigotry.

Rubio, who often stresses religious liberty and his own faith on the campaign trail, said Obama's words at a Baltimore mosque were intended to divide, rather than unite, the American people.

"I'm tired of being divided against each other for political reasons like this president's done," Rubio said at a Wednesday campaign stop in Dover, New Hampshire. "Always pitting people against each other. Always! Look at today: He gave a speech at a mosque. Oh, you know, basically implying that America is discriminating against Muslims."

How ?. Just because your boy Rubio said so it does not make it true. He and his minions can mindlessly string words together, and you and your ilk can swallow them whole but that does not mean that they make any sense.'

Perhaps you can explain what exactly President Obama said at the Mosque that was divisive and in what way. Who was being " pitted against" who? If you think that calling out bigots is divisive, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

^^^^^^
Rubio Derangement Syndrome

It's happening already.

President Marco Rubio.

Get used to it.

^^^^^^

It's happening already.

That is your response??!! Seriously dude?? :confused-84::confused-84: You really can't deal with my question about how Obama is dividing the country, can you? You don't strike me as being particularly intellectual or well polished. Tell us, what would YOU do as president, in the face of what is happening? Oh, you don't know what is happening? Muslim American are being targeted in bias attacks. They are being pushed away out of irrational fear, ignorance and bigotry. These are people who have just as much interest in keeping America safe as anyone else. Yet, these attacks on them make them angry, fearful and distrustful of us. The hate contributes to the radicalization of their young people who feel marginalized and demeaned. The bigots are confirming everything that the Islamic extremists are telling them about us. Obama is trying o be the president for all people of all religions and that will bring the country together, not divide it. So again I ask you smartass. WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO? What does leadership look like to you? Give it a shot big guy.

President Marco Rubio.

Get used to it.

^^^^^^

It's happening already.

This is what's happening and Rubio is part of it:

Top Articles: Economic Justice | Political Research Associates
From the New Right to Neoliberalism: The Threat to Democracy Has Grown

The U.S. is in the grip of an unprecedented dominance of right-wing ideologies and policies. Many progressive commentators see that the same band of New Right actors who have long pushed a conservative agenda are up to their old tricks, trying to block any reformist progress under a Democratic president. But what we are experiencing now is not simply “more of the same.” There has been a political shift in the Right’s reigning ideology. The shift is from the Right’s fixation on capturing and consolidating power to establishing rule by the laws of unfettered capitalism.

- See more at: Economic Justice | Political Research Associates

And he does not have any balls or backbone:

Marco Rubio: The Tea Party's Prodigal Son Returns Submitted by Brian Tashman on Tuesday, 3/24/2015 3:55 pm As the GOP embraces the reactionary politics and anti-government zealotry of the Tea Party, it is steadily purging “moderates” and empowering extremists. Nothing shows this trend more clearly than the lineup of potential Republican presidential candidates. In this new series, we’ll be looking at the records and promises of the Republican Party’s leading presidential prospects. Next up is Marco Rubio: The Republican Party has been increasingly willing to cave to far-right purists who want to drive out anyone who they deem to be ideologically impure. The career of Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., is a case in point. After winning his U.S. Senate seat with Tea Party support in 2010, Rubio tried to follow through on his pledge to work towards a bipartisan bill on immigration reform, helping to lead the efforts of the so-called “Gang of Eight.” But many conservative activists turned against Rubio for daring to sponsor a bill that drew broad support from his colleagues in the Senate and the American people at large. In the end, under pressure from the party’s far-right flank, House Republicans blocked the “Gang of Eight” bill, failing to even put the reform legislation up for a vote. - See more at: Marco Rubio: The Tea Party's Prodigal Son Returns

Last edited:
President Marco Rubio.

Get used to it.

Really? What the fuck would Boy. Marco have done?

President Obama’s speech from a mosque in Baltimore, Maryland this week was welcomed by most as an important and timely gesture to bring together Americans of all faiths and none. But for Donald Trump, is was a chance to sow the seeds of division with a truly pathetic, racist reaction.

Obama’s visit to the Islamic Society of Baltimore was the first time in U.S. history that a President has delivered a speech from an American mosque. Given the rise of hate crimes against Muslim American and their places of worship, and unprecedented attacks on the faith from conservative lawmakers and media, this visit was much-needed.

The center says on its website that it “aspires to be the anchor of a growing Muslim community with diverse backgrounds, democratically governed, relating to one another with inclusiveness and tolerance, and interacting with neighbors in an Islamic exemplary manner.”

Obama endorsed this message and made an impassioned call for moderates on all sides of the political and faith spectrum to come together around their common humanity. He explicitly rejected the “inexcusable political rhetoric against Muslim-Americans” made by the likes of Donald Trump, and other Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump Makes Pathetic, Racist Swipe At President Obama For Visiting A Mosque (VIDEO)
/

Last edited:
Obama visits a mosque, and Rubio attacks? | Editorial Obama visits a mosque, and Rubio attacks? | Editorial

Even among Republican jerks, Rubio is, well.....a jerk!

The reaction to President Obama's first visit to a mosque among Republican candidates is a good test of who is presidential and who is preposterous.

Jeb Bush approved of the inclusive speech, like his brother would have. Marco Rubio criticized it for being divisive, which is bizarre, and itself divisive. Donald Trump was, well, Donald Trump.

"Maybe he feels comfortable" at a mosque, he said -- yet another wink at the "Obama is a secret Muslim" bigots.

But Marco Rubio's unexpected attack was most illuminating. He's taken digs at both Ted Cruz and Trump for their divisiveness, in an effort to present himself as the candidate of unity. Yet instead of taking the high road here, Rubio accused Obama of pitting Americans "against each other," with a speech about the need for acceptance of a religious minority.

CadtTsFWIAAC3r_.jpg

President Marco Rubio.

Get used to it.

^^^^^^

It's happening already.

That is your response??!! Seriously dude?? :confused-84::confused-84: You really can't deal with my question about how Obama is dividing the country, can you? You don't strike me as being particularly intellectual or well polished. Tell us, what would YOU do as president, in the face of what is happening? Oh, you don't know what is happening? Muslim American are being targeted in bias attacks. They are being pushed away out of irrational fear, ignorance and bigotry. These are people who have just as much interest in keeping America safe as anyone else. Yet, these attacks on them make them angry, fearful and distrustful of us. The hate contributes to the radicalization of their young people who feel marginalized and demeaned. The bigots are confirming everything that the Islamic extremists are telling them about us. Obama is trying o be the president for all people of all religions and that will bring the country together, not divide it. So again I ask you smartass. WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO? What does leadership look like to you? Give it a shot big guy.

Did you watch Obama's speech today when he talked about Republicans being negative on the economy?

If you don't understand why that's divisive, then you don't get it.

I can't say I'm 100% solidified in my support, but it's getting pretty darn close.

*snip*

But I'm saying, absent some shocking scandal (i.e. greater than a speeding ticket every few years)--it's Rubio for the win.

that's nice. at least he's better than trump or cruz... beyond that, he's got not substance.
No he's not! If you think so you're not paying attention. He just gives the appearance of not being as unhinged as the others. In reality, he's as bad or worse. Go back and read some of my posts.

^^^^^^

It's happening already.

Did you watch Obama's speech today when he talked about Republicans being negative on the economy?

No I did not see the speech yet but if that's what he's said, he was just telling the truth. Being divisive is when you lie about and vilify people in order to turn others against them. Obviously it's you who does not get it. I see that you're avoiding my question about what you would do regarding Muslims. You don't have an answer do you? You don't have an answer because your standard knee jerk reaction is that whatever Obama does or says is wrong whether or not you even understand why.

^^^^^^

It's happening already.

No I did not see the speech yet but if that's what he's said, he was just telling the truth. Being divisive is when you lie about and vilify people in order to turn others against them. Obviously it's you who does not get it. I see that you're avoiding my question about what you would do regarding Muslims. You don't have an answer do you? You don't have an answer because your standard knee jerk reaction is that whatever Obama does or says is wrong whether or not you even understand why.

No, being divisive is being the President and instead of being optimistic, unifying and forward-looking, you talk smack about Republicans and their primary, as Obama did today.

There is a time for campaigning and a time for being President. Obama and his mindless pompom wavers don't seem to get this.

^^^^^^

It's happening already.

No, being divisive is being the President and instead of being optimistic, unifying and forward-looking, you talk smack about Republicans and their primary, as Obama did today.

There is a time for campaigning and a time for being President. Obama and his mindless pompom wavers don't seem to get this.

Now I have seen the press conference..

And I must ask……What the hell are you talking about? Where is the divisiveness? Again, I maintain that no matter what Obama says or does you and your ilk will denounce it as divisive. Where is the negativity? Do you think that he should paint an overly rosy picture and thus lie to the American people? Or should he be realistic about the FACT that we have come a long way, but could have been doing better if it were not for Republican obstructionism?

This is what he said:

Obama said history had shown his Republican foes were wrong to call for fiscal austerity during the crisis and to criticize the massive stimulus spending Obama pushed to juice the economy. Had we adopted some of the policies that were advocated by Republicans over the last four, five, six years, we know that we probably would have done worse," he said.

"We know that because a lot of European countries adopted those policies, and they haven't yet gotten to the same place they were before the crisis."

While growth has returned and the United State is approaching full employment, income inequality is near record levels.

This is telling the truth which you seem to have a problem with. You are the one who is mindlessly waiving pompoms for the Republicans who have no plan and no vision for the future of Americans, except the rich, white, straights men.

He also said:

The United States of America right now has the strongest most durable economy in the world," Obama said as the state-to-state primary campaign ahead of the November elections gets underway.
That is hardly negativity....he went on:

"I know that's still inconvenient for Republican stump speeches, as their doom and despair tour plays in New Hampshire. I guess you cannot please everybody."

Obama insisted that "progress is finally starting to translate into bigger paychecks."

"Talking down the American economy, by the way, does not make that progress."

He is not making this up. It is more truth. He is laying blame where blame belongs. He is calling out the Republicans for making it sound as though thigs are worse than they are and trying to blame him for it because they dare not give him credit for anything. THAT is negativity and divisiveness.

And, you are still not able to deal with my criticisms of Rubio or address my question, which I am now asking for the third time: What should have Obama said or not said , done or not done, regarding his visit to the Mosque? How was he divisive and what would YOU have done?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back