California Bill for Automatic Voter Registration Advances

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Ballot Access News - California Bill for Automatic Voter Registration Advances

On August 27, the California Senate Appropriations Committee passed AB 1461, the bill to provide that all adult citizens known to the state should be automatically registered to vote. Such individuals would be informed that they had become registered, and would be given a chance to opt out...

...The bill is likely to pass. It had passed the Assembly on June 2. The Republican leader in the Assembly, Kristin Olsen, had voted “No” but now she appears to support it, according to remarks she made at a public meeting on August 19.

Interesting and positive development. That would make California and Oregon the first two states that I know of to approach the issue of automatic voter registration.

Sounds like a good, solid idea to me, since it promotes Democracy.

On August 27, the California Senate Appropriations Committee passed AB 1461, the bill to provide that all adult citizens known to the state should be automatically registered to vote. Such individuals would be informed that they had become registered, and would be given a chance to opt out...

...The bill is likely to pass. It had passed the Assembly on June 2. The Republican leader in the Assembly, Kristin Olsen, had voted “No” but now she appears to support it, according to remarks she made at a public meeting on August 19.

Interesting and positive development. That would make California and Oregon the first two states that I know of to approach the issue of automatic voter registration.

Dumb idea. A waste of tax payer resources

-Geaux

But wait! There's more!!

New "voters" must opt out or their "votes" are cast automatically. The default "vote" is for Democrat candidates and a "YES" on all bond and spending issues. The mechanism for determining "citizenship" will be a California Drivers license or a Matricula Consular card!!

Si Se Puede!!

:rofl:

• Banned
But wait! There's more!!

New "voters" must opt out or their "votes" are cast automatically. The default "vote" is for Democrat candidates and a "YES" on all bond and spending issues. The mechanism for determining "citizenship" will be a California Drivers license or a Matricula Consular card!!

Si Se Puede!!

Uhm, no. That's not how it works.

Your humor subroutine is damage, Zander-bot.

• Banned

-Geaux

I disagree. It's an outstanding idea. Other civilized nations do this, with great benefits: much higher voter turnout, streamlined paperwork, you name it.

But wait! There's more!!

Si Se Puede!!

Then how will the state determine who is a citizen?

-Geaux

I disagree. It's an outstanding idea. Other civilized nations do this, with great benefits: much higher voter turnout, streamlined paperwork, you name it.

I would have to assume that any non-eligible voter that gets on the rolls, and votes, will not have a defense for voter fraud right? Also, the civil servant who make the error will be prosecuted for fraud as well, right?

-Geaux

I would have to assume that any non-eligible voter that gets on the rolls, and votes, will not have a defense for voter fraud right? Also, the civil servant who make the error will be prosecuted for fraud as well, right?
That's not how this works. Fear mongering from the right.

-Geaux

...California civil "servants" (sic) who make that "error" will be given cash bonuses and automatically entered into a drawing for a brand new car!!!

But wait! There's more!!

Si Se Puede!!

They would already have birth and citizenship records on file. This is not difficult. Other civilized nations do it.

But wait! There's more!!

Si Se Puede!!

They would already have birth and citizenship records on file. This is not difficult. Other civilized nations do it.
These right wingers have been scared shitless of anything that helps people vote for decades.. It means less votes for their bigoted asses.

But wait! There's more!!

Si Se Puede!!

These right wingers have been scared shitless of anything that helps people vote for decades.. It means less votes for their bigoted asses.

It is very short-sighted on their part.

-Geaux

So if a non-eligible voter gets to vote because of this, no one is held responsible?

Sounds like Democratic politics to me.

I am all for it. Bu

-Geaux

So if a non-eligible voter gets to vote because of this, no one is held responsible?

Then you are a Bigot!! and a racist homophobe!!!

-Geaux

Oh please, quit stirring up the voter fraud bullshit, it's virtually non existent and manufactured by right wing media when it's a nonexistent problem.

-Geaux

Other nations? Didn't know they existed when establishing law and order

Deemed irrelevant

-Geaux

-

-Geaux

Oh please, quit stirring up the voter fraud bullshit, it's virtually non existent and manufactured by right wing media when it's a nonexistent problem.

The best trick the devil ever did was making the world think he doesn't exist.

-Geaux

Non eligible-voters would not get to vote. That is a very old red herring. VERY OLD.

Forum List

Back