Roxio Help

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Just bought and installed roxio creator 2009, rebooted and tried to use program and got "Roxio has encountered a problem and must close." ?????? Should I uninstall and then reinstall it or where do I go from here????? Back to the store???

and now guess what? my grandaughter came over to show me her new tattoo.. a blue hibiscus.. so I says "hibiscus are pink or red" and walks her outside to show her one.. and there in the pool is a tiny baby tit mouse swimming for it's life.. took him out and rinsed him off to get the chlorine out.. now I don't know what to do with the critter.. :eusa_eh: I knew I should have gone back to bed.

and now guess what? my grandaughter came over to show me her new tattoo.. a blue hibiscus.. so I says "hibiscus are pink or red" and walks her outside to show her one.. and there in the pool is a tiny baby tit mouse swimming for it's life.. took him out and rinsed him off to get the chlorine out.. now I don't know what to do with the critter.. :eusa_eh: I knew I should have gone back to bed.

The tit mouse disagrees...

I rinsed him off with clean water and put him in the grass to dry off. covered him with a big sycamore leaf so no body sees him. I hope he makes it.

can you find the nest....do you have a wildlife rescuse you can call?

for less than an ounce of mouse?? shit! they'd probably drop him off at d-con. no,, I set him loose,, he's gone and so is his cheese. I think he will be all right. I put a picture of his wet little self down in photos.

bottom right hand corner of your computer, all those icon's right click on them and exit or disable your virus program, uninstall roxio and re-install

Or if you know how to use msconfig, you can go in there under the startup tab and disable things.

bottom right hand corner of your computer, all those icon's right click on them and exit or disable your virus program, uninstall roxio and re-install

Or if you know how to use msconfig, you can go in there under the startup tab and disable things.

Thank You Terry,, then after that is done will it be okay to reactivate the virus programs???

Thank You Terry,, then after that is done will it be okay to reactivate the virus programs???
yes once it is installed. You should never install a program when your virus program is running in the background.

willow if you still have problems installing, turn your windows automatic updates on, or go and see if there are any updates. It could be net.framework, it could have rolled back. The update would fix that. Just a thought if you still have a problem

willow if you still have problems installing, turn your windows automatic updates on, or go and see if there are any updates. It could be net.framework, it could have rolled back. The update would fix that. Just a thought if you still have a problem

Thanks once again.. I will do all of that.. and let you know. :eusa_pray:

If you have Norton or MacAfee (SP?). I now use AVG and it works better than the big 2 and I never have to disable to install anything.

Willow, is this your first experience with Roxio?
I've had Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 for a while now and I'm not real thrilled with it. Let me know what you think.

Maybe a PM, I probably will forget I post here...

That's a polite little error message, I get it a lot when I'm buggerising around with the XP computer at work (Help Desk hates me, I can't help it). It's not a huge, ugly, horrible error message though so the aforesaid advice should help Willow. Good luck with it and since you helped out that little mouse your humanity should be rewarded.

Thanks all for helping.. there is a place at Roxio.com under support that has group discussions. I found my answer there. I had to install updates.. Bingo. now she works.. how come the error message didn't say that? What's so hard about providing that info in an error message??? :confused: Dumb computers! :eusa_angel:

and then the program bogged down and almost crashed the computer. Back to the store she goes! no more roxio.

I've had Roxio 7.5 for 2 years with XP (media center) no problems, they do use a lot of processor speed tho...

Forum List

Back