Rove predicts a shutdown will strengthen Obama

Rove is sayin it. Boehner is saying it. But the tea party still doesn't get it.

I think it is hilarious! :lol:

Obviously Batcrazy Bachmann has dug her heals in and won't move. God Bless Her!

let me know how that works out for you.

"White House political strategist Karl Rove yesterday confidently predicted that the Republican Party would hold the House and the Senate in next month’s elections, dismissing fallout from the sex scandal involving former Rep. Mark Foley"

Rove foresees GOP victory - Washington Times

he's a whiz at predicting things....

let me know how that works out for you.

"White House political strategist Karl Rove yesterday confidently predicted that the Republican Party would hold the House and the Senate in next month’s elections, dismissing fallout from the sex scandal involving former Rep. Mark Foley"

Rove foresees GOP victory - Washington Times

he's a whiz at predicting things....

Like the permanent Republican majority.

"Democrats are fanning fears of a government shutdown on the belief that they would benefit politically, but they could be making a dangerous assumption."

In 1995, Republicans controlled the House and the Senate, as opposed to the divided Congress of today. The GOP has only a third of the decision-making power in this scenario, making it much harder to pin the blame on them.

Rove is not going to approve of anything that doesn't involve more government, and more government intrusion. The schemer behind big government conservatism.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I don't see how you can blame any of this on the Republicans as they've made every effort to keep their promises and to provide opportunities to continue the government running until a resolution could be made. Reid and Obama dropped the ball here. and let's not forget it was the Democrats who failed to provide a budget when they had Congress to begin with.

You can do the government shutdown thinking it only helps you politically, but you seriously are naive.

I don't see how you can blame any of this on the Republicans as they've made every effort to keep their promises and to provide opportunities to continue the government running until a resolution could be made. Reid and Obama dropped the ball here. and let's not forget it was the Democrats who failed to provide a budget when they had Congress to begin with.

You can do the government shutdown thinking it only helps you politically, but you seriously are naive.

Sure, now you just have to convince people not to believe their lying eyes

I think the Reps are the winner in this one.

They have a budget and are trying to cut spending. What they are proposing doesn't go far enough.

The Dems are playing politics in the hopes of a shut down and the Reps being blamed.

I think this move is gonna backfire on them and OL'BO as well.

"Democrats are fanning fears of a government shutdown on the belief that they would benefit politically, but they could be making a dangerous assumption."

In 1995, Republicans controlled the House and the Senate, as opposed to the divided Congress of today. The GOP has only a third of the decision-making power in this scenario, making it much harder to pin the blame on them.

The situation is slightly more complex than who holds what chair. And I don't think that the public is looking at the situation in terms of who holds what chair. I think that the people are thinking in terms of what are each of those positions doing with their chair? That is why this bodes so poorly for the GOP. They've picked a very bad time to play hardball. They agreed upon a compromise budget, but now have rescinded their agreement. They've thwarted efforts by attaching poison pills, etc. Meanwhile, the Dems continue to basically sit around and say "We're waiting on you." This has shaped the view that the GOP is failing to live up to its burden for compromise and is unable to accomplish things within their own ranks, while the Democrats have been in line and ready to fulfill their part all along. The President recently promising to veto any further temporary extensions also will probably further affirm the view of GOP fault. What he's done is place the ball in the GOPs court, and now the American people are waiting to see if the GOP delivers what they promised to do.

Now, I'm not saying any of this to say one side or the other is right or wrong. I'm just giving my view on how this is and will shape up politically in the eyes of the public.

They have a budget and are trying to cut spending. What they are proposing doesn't go far enough.

The Dems are playing politics in the hopes of a shut down and the Reps being blamed.

How are the Democrats playing politics? They're living up to their agreed upon part of the compromise. It's the GOP who has tried to unilaterally change the agreement. It's the GOP who has attached poison pills to the bills they've sent up with distractions like abortion issues. All the Democrats have done is said that they are waiting for the original agreement.

Yeah, but there is no denying there are so many more idiot dems who instead of thinking for themselves they only listen to what they are fed.

The T.E.A. Party are correct on this. Looks to me like Teh Rove and Boner don't get it.

They're correct? What, that it's the right thing to do to go against the agreed upon compromise budget, and instead stomp your feet and shut down the government, at an unnecessary cost to the taxpayers, while simultaneously strengthening your political adversary? That's what they're correct about? This reminds me of the religion that says you people should never have sex, ever.

I don't see the Tea Baggers moderating at all. This could be a long drawn out ordeal and very enbararassing for Beaner and the GOP. Rider will stand in the way of Government getting back to work.

Moderation is not in the vocabulary of the baggers. It is "My Way or the Highway."

Forum List

Back