Surprise in Wisconsin Judge Election!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus (R) has announced sharply amended totals for her county in the Supreme Court race from Tuesday night -- saying that she had inadvertently failed to properly import and save data into a Microsoft Access database, omitting the numbers from the city of Brookfield and its over 14,000 votes. And as such, according to Nickolaus's new totals, Justice David Prosser has gained a net 7,582 votes -- overcoming the razor-thin lead of liberal-backed challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg, who had already declared victory on Wednesday.

We have now verified all the results, and are confident that they have been properly reported to the Government Accountability Board."

Waukesha Clerk Announces Votes For Prosser: 'I'm Thankful That This Error Was Caught Early' | TPMDC

"The announcement dashes the hopes of labor activists hoping to repudiate Gov. Scott Walker's anti-union policies by electing a liberal judge to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. "
The most important news and commentary to read right now. - The Slatest - Slate Magazine

Here we go. Now the conspiracy advocates have an argument that Walker somehow had the election rigged after the fact. Sounds like old time Chicago!

Here we go. Now the conspiracy advocates have an argument that Walker somehow had the election rigged after the fact. Sounds like old time Chicago!

This looks very bad. That woman from the election who was trying to explain this sounded like she was making a hostage tape.

Sounds like a complete crushing defeat and repudiation of the Union's message.

Yeah because when you beat someone by 30 pts. 2 months ago, and then squeak by in the general, that's a sign you won the argument in between?

funny

Last edited:
The Republican-appointed election official was using her own computer system instead of the state's. The results were tabulated in...wait for it now...

Microsoft Access!

And she claims she "Failed to save" the data. Lol...of course you did!

None of you Liberals minded in that recent election where the Democrat won because election officials kept finding more votes in the trunks of their cars.

The Republican-appointed election official was using her own computer system instead of the state's. The results were tabulated in...wait for it now...

Microsoft Access!

Wait a minute...the Access database I use (and I work for county government so it is an OLD version) saves on exit...:eusa_eh:

Yeah because when you beat someone by 30 pts. 2 months ago, and then squeak by in the general, that's a sign you won the argument in between?

funny

Hey don't cry at the messenger its was the voter's who repudiated the Union's attempt at hostage taking.

Microsoft Access!

Wait a minute...the Access database I use (and I work for county government so it is an OLD version) saves on exit...:eusa_eh:

LOL. Starting to sound like the missing 18 minutes.

Microsoft Access!

hmm...funny, that. Come to think of it, that's how ACCESS Works - even the new editions.

The election official must be...confused. Yes, that's it - confused!

funny

Hey don't cry at the messenger its was the voter's who repudiated the Union's attempt at hostage taking.

It doesn't surprise me that you entirely missed the point. This was a little known person who has never served as a judge almost unseated a well known sitting Supreme Court Justice.

I would say that this does not bode well for the Republican Senators and Walker when the recall finally takes place. They have to be shitting all over themselves about now.

None of you Liberals minded in that recent election where the Democrat won because election officials kept finding more votes in the trunks of their cars.

That is a blatant LIE, spread by Fox (not so much) "News" and tick-tac brain Sean Hannity.

But as MinnPost’s David Brauer reported yesterday: the story of the 32 absentee ballots is flat wrong. He called up Minneapolis election director Cindy Reichert to get the facts. She (Pawlenty during two Fox appearances in as many days called her “he”) attests the car-ballot story is “just not true”: She never had the ballots in her car — nor were they in anyone’s car for several days — and they were kept in secure facilities between election day and vote counting. It was Coleman’s attorney, Fritz Knaak, who told reporters, “We were actually told ballots had been riding around in her car for several days, which raised all kinds of integrity questions.” From there, the Wall Street Journal picked up on it and reported it as fact; similar to Hannity’s on-screen graphic (shown above), the error appeared in a story headlined “Mischief in Minnesota?”

Fox, with Pawlenty’s help, continues spreading car-ballot fiction | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

This was not 32 votes, but 14,000?!?

It was the one armed man

There was a second shooter on the grassy knoll

Spaceships at area 51

Elections have.....

Ya lost, better luck next time in fucking over the state budget and causing a collapse of America as we know it.

Hope and Change!!

Doesn't matter. These Conservatives will go on stating that there were 32 votes in the car. They are all on the 'birther' track now, truth is irrelevant to them.

funny

It doesn't surprise me that you entirely missed the point. This was a little known person who has never served as a judge almost unseated a well known sitting Supreme Court Justice.

I would say that this does not bode well for the Republican Senators and Walker when the recall finally takes place. They have to be shitting all over themselves about now.

Yes it seems the Union completely miscounted how many fake votes it needed to win. Maybe it really wasn't that close after all ummm?

Microsoft Access!

As you enter the information the data is saved in the tables automatically. Now if you import data the fields must jive or you have problems and it appears to me that someone altered the original spreadsheet sent out and this could account for the data not being imported into the correct field. But before importing someone should have checked to see if spreadsheets had been altered. They should have protected the format of the spreadsheet to begin with anyway! The error is feasible but it should never have happened and could have been prevented.

Now you got wonder, did they double count some votes?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back