Rosenstein Blasts Times’ ‘Smear’

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

This week, a New York Times story about a scheme in which Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein would wear a “wire” to secretly record President Trump and recruit cabinet members to activate Trump’s removal from office under the provisions of the 25th Amendment was blasted as “inaccurate” and “factually incorrect” by Rosenstein.
“It is shameful that a respected newspaper would rely on anonymous sources to defame me,” Rosenstein complained. “After all I have done to help the Times over the years acquire difficult to obtain information on sensitive topics from internal government archives, I can only regard this as a betrayal. They’re treating me like I am the enemy. I thought we were on the same side in the battle to save the country.”
Adam Goldman, co-author of the Times article with Michael S. Schmidt, acknowledged that “while a couple of our sources asked to remain anonymous their account was backed up by memos purportedly written by former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe that were forwarded to us by a person from the Mueller investigation who also wishes to remain anonymous. So, I’d have to say that our story is as firmly founded as any Times story.”
Rosenstein rejected what he labeled “a poor excuse for shoddy journalism” and asked that “we apply a little logic to this situation.

~~~~~~
It’s obviously enough to get a warrant to spy on him, and using the ‘2-hop rule’, enough to spy on the whole deep state. Rosenstein’s protest to be “weak and lawyerly. I’d call it the kind of ‘non-denial denial’ that leaves room for later revisions if the real truth ever comes out.”
As President Trump has remarked the stench of decay is overwhelming.

Sadly these are very serious allegations. Rosenstine needs to be placed on administrative leave pending investigation. This is a criminal misconduct allegation. Policy and Procedure dictate what must occur immediately. Its out of Sessions hands as the agency chief and he must act or he too is in peril of immediate removal by policy.

Is this the one where they accused him of fixing the 1918 World Series?

TMM15005-533x400_WebAssets_ArnoldR.jpg

Forum List

Back