Roommates Argue Over Food

That's a terrible overgeneralization.

There are many many good people in this country.

We all seemed to be pulled down by the fact that we hear about this instead of the good things people do (of which there are many).

We don't know why he pulled and used the knife. Did the other guy attack ?

If he simply attacked and killed the guy, I would find the death penalty to be a reasonable punishment.
Would you rather not hear about these things and pretend it doesn't happen? If yes, maybe you should get your head out of the sand. Why the perp decided to stab the victim in the chest is circumstantial other than the fact it was aggravated to the perps state of mind.
As for your barbaric death penalty wish, CA has moved not to further capital punishment, so don't count on it.

I will tell you this, I added more information to this reported incident than any of the local news sources have so far.

Would you rather not hear about these things and pretend it doesn't happen? If yes, maybe you should get your head out of the sand. Why the perp decided to stab the victim in the chest is circumstantial other than the fact it was aggravated to the perps state of mind.
As for your barbaric death penalty wish, CA has moved not to further capital punishment, so don't count on it.

I will tell you this, I added more information to this reported incident than any of the local news sources have so far.

When I want your advice, I'll ask for it.

And I can't help that CA only gets more stupid with time.

I remember driving down Los Angeles Avenue in Simi, I was probably in junior high school (okay, dad was driving), and I saw two kids smashing a third kid's head against a telephone pole...

All these years later I can still picture it.
Absolutely. I remember the 1st time I saw a tragic single car wreck resulting in three dead men. It left a horrific imprint that I'll never forget.

According to the article, this is only the fourth homicide in Ventura this year... which seems pretty good for a city in California.

I mean...my county hasn't had a recorded homicide in 22 years. But for a city in California four homicides in eight months may be a record low occurrence.
The year isn't over yet, but the homicide count for the city is low compared to the surrounding cities in the county.
I believe the previous homicide in Ventura was last month where a homeless woman killed another.
Where those two (in the OP) came from has the highest rates of homicide in the State.
Your area is fortunate. 22 years without a killing is a good thing.

According to the article, this is only the fourth homicide in Ventura this year... which seems pretty good for a city in California.

I mean...my county hasn't had a recorded homicide in 22 years. But for a city in California four homicides in eight months may be a record low occurrence.

Having lived in Ventura County for a majority of my life (I left in 2009), speaking broadly... it was a fairly safe place. No place is without issues, but overall it was a good place to live. I'd like to think that it hasn't changed too much.

Having lived in Ventura County for a majority of my life (I left in 2009), speaking broadly... it was a fairly safe place. No place is without issues, but overall it was a good place to live. I'd like to think that it hasn't changed too much.
Never made it out that far.

A lot of Fontana, Ontario, Riverside, Anaheim, West Corvina, Rialto, LA, Compton and of course...Long Beach.

First time in my life a ever saw a homeless person sleeping in a vacant lot like they just laid down and died there was in Fontana.

Culture shock let me tell you.

Couldn't wait to get outta there.

Back to where the forests grow.

It was like being on an alien planet.

And I was stationed in the southern Arizona desert for two years and loved it.

"VENTURA, Calif. — A dispute between roommates turned deadly after one allegedly stabbed the other early Saturday morning, according to the Ventura Police Department"

According to a source, who happens to be a mentor to the perpetrator, the two roommates got into a fight over food, which resulted in a fatal stabbing. Both young men were sponsored in a post-foster care program. The perp and the victim originally hail from Bakersfield and Fresno.

I talked with the neighbor who lives downstairs from the incident. I also talked to someone who was visiting in the upstairs apartment and was sleeping in the perps bedroom when it happened. The story is different from what I originally posted. The supposed "mentor" gave me conflicting information to what had happened.

The revision is as follows:
The perp, who had been living there for 2 years, stabbed the new roommate, who had been living at the apartment for only 2 weeks. The new guy complained that the perp was lazy, wouldn't get a job, and was eating his food. The new guy threatened to report the perp to the supervisor of the *program. They argued and the perp stabbed the new roommate. Supposedly there were others visiting the apartment, as well. All were freaking out over the stabbing. The perp tried to get the "visitors" to cover for him saying the new roommate had attacked him, and that he acted in self defense. The visitors told the perp you need to tell the truth, as we won't lie to the police.

*The program is for adults who aged out of Foster Care

Forum List

Back