Ron Paul's fundraising increases topped the frontrunners, huh? 5 mil this quarter!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Paulie, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,402
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/ron_paul_raises_5_million_in_a.html

5 million dollars, and that includes a million in one week.

No donation-limit corporate contributions...almost all grassroots fundraising.

I would see it as being quite hard to raise 5 million bucks in 3 months if your base is really just a couple thousand "internet poll spammers".

The frontrunners were all down by 30% or more this past quarter, from their last...it looks to me like Ron is a legitimate candidate.

But you guys go ahead and let the corporate pollsters sway your beliefs with their ridiculous 2 and 3% they keep listing for Ron. The man gets more popular everyday, and yet somehow the polls don't ever reflect it. Nothing funny going on there...:rolleyes:

I also love how a bunch of states are all the sudden switching their primaries to CLOSED, when they had always historically been OPEN.

Be afraid, establishment.

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Nice work!

Doesn't Giuliani have like $8 million? For a "nobody" candidate like RP, that's AWESOME.

Ron Paul has support from real conservative Americans who KNOW the war is for Jews and DO NOT like the amnesty for illegals idea. The neocons don't have support from anyone but a few rich Jews.

3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    You guys are so easily impressed.

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    Ron Paul: President of the Internet?
    By Gary Benoit

ARTICLE SYNOPSIS:
    Though many Americans still have not heard of presidential candidate Ron Paul, on the Internet he is a titan.

Follow this link to the original source: "How the Internet Is Changing Political Campaigning"

COMMENTARY:
    The mainstream media have thus far ignored Republican Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential bid to such an extent that many people still have not heard of him or his message. When he has appeared in the Republican debates, watched by a relatively small segment of the American people, he has been subjected to ridicule and asked insulting questions such as, “you’re basically saying we should take our marching orders from al Qaeda?” When the media do mention him in their reporting, they often dismiss him as having no chance to win.

Other political candidates offering platforms the establishment opinion cartel dreads have been treated similarly in the past and that treatment has rendered more than one such candidate … well … unelectable. But as Brian Farmer points out in his cover story in the October 1 issue of The New American, Ron Paul has been using a new and powerful tool — the Internet — with amazing effectiveness to circumvent the major media and to mobilize and energize his campaign.

On the Internet, Farmer writes, “one gets the impression that [Paul] is some kind of superstar, moving through cyberspace like a titan.” Farmer quotes Chicago Tribune syndicated columnist Clarence Page as opining: “If the presidential election were held in cyberspace, Paul would probably win hands down.” After reading Farmer’s article, it’s hard to disagree.

But Farmer also points out that the “Ron Paul Revolution,” as Paul’s supporters call it, has been spilling over from cyberspace into the real world. Real people use computers, after all, and they are using their computers to facilitate grass-roots activities in the real world including face-to-face meetings. Because of the Internet, the opinion cartel, though still formidable, does not have the clout it once did.

Ron Paul is showing what can be done to get out a message that the major media would prefer not be heard. Other candidates— not just for president but for Congress too — can also use the Internet to circumvent the major media.

But whether or not the message gains traction depends on the message itself. To learn more about Paul’s message and why he believes it’s gaining traction, Brian Farmer interviewed the candidate. To see the full transcript of that interview, which appears alongside Farmer’s cover story in the October 1 issue of The New American, click here.

5. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    He may be the perot-nader of 08 but if Obama doesn't get the dem nomination I will probably vote for ron paul.

6. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    It never ceases to amaze me: we're so similar in principle yet so very, very different in application.

7. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    Real Money Says Ron Paul Has a Shot

Lew Rockwell.com | October 04, 2007
    Bob Murphy

In addition to being a mild-mannered economist by day, I am an avid fan of gambling and all its devices. (Though since I still am the property of student lender Sallie Mae, I have been a mere spectator of the gambling world for the last several years.) I am here to inform Ron Paul fans that "the market" – the gambling website Intrade.com – says his chances of winning the GOP nomination are now 6.1%. In contrast, McCain's chances are 5.4%, and Huckabee's a meager 3.2%.

Beyond the fact that Ron Paul is now in 4th place – and being ahead of McCain, is now surely a "real" candidate – is his meteoric rise since late May. Just look at this chart from Intrade:

To make sense of all this, let me briefly explain how Intrade works. It is fashioned after a futures market (such as in oil or pork bellies), where participants can buy or sell contracts contingent on future events. Now in the case of the "2008.GOP.NOM.PAUL" contract, the buyer (as of October 2) pays $6.10 for a contract entitling him to a $100 payoff if Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination. In contrast, the seller of this contract receives $6.10, but might have to pay out the $100 if Paul gets the nomination. Obviously, if Ron Paul doesn't get nominated, then the buyer of the contract gets nothing – he's out his $6.10 – and the seller gets to pocket the $6.10.

8. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    YouTube - Ron Paul, The only chance to beat Hillary ClintonRon Paul, The only chance to beat Hillary Clinton .... Hillary Clinton Here's a Song For ya! Ron Paul is the MAN! 06:48. From: wheelinco Views: 1565 ...
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh04YikLWZc[/ame] - 110k - Cached - Similar pages

YouTube - Texas Republican slams Bush "demented ...
    Ron Paul is the only man that can beat hillary and you know ...
    2 min 58 sec -
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZmPS0XmeBw[/ame]

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Ron Paul isnt going to be the nominee. Support him all you want though. Im glad there are actually some people out there that vote for their Principle. Just dont think that most of us really care what Ron Paul does.

10. SolarEnergy1

SolarEnergy1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    You're correct. there's no way even if every GOP gandidate dropped out the RNC delegates would find someone else. ROn paul is not a real Republican. His support comes from Libertarians, Anti-war leftists and 9/11 conspiracy theorists and oh yeah Pothead College Students .. dont believe jsut go watch the youtube videos or if youre unlucky enough to walk through a Ron paul pep rally those 9/11 truthers will be all over you like flies on SH*T trying to hand you flyers and convince you that 9/11 was an inside job. I'm sorry but i dont want any GOP candidates assiciated with those nutjobs.
    Ron Paul wants to get rid of the CIA and FBI? LOL I guess he'll all want al-qaeda to attend his inaurguration ? LOL

The only thing Ron paul will do is take votes away from Hillary... Ron Paul seems to be loved by the far left and he will only make it easier for Mike huckabee or Fred Thompson to win... I think It will be Huckabee because after tomorrow's deabte Fred will be exposed as a person who cant do anything without a script.