Ron Paul to retire from congress.

Everybody should neg rep Truthmatters for comparing Ron Paul to Sarah Palin.

That's about as disingenuous and cuntishly partisan as it gets. :thup:

He's a great man, the only man of principle in Washington, but he's fought a losing battle.

The more he talks about liberty, freedom, individualism, fiscal responsibility, peace and anti-warmongering, the more and more of those principles the democans and republicrats attack.

Weird, I was hoping he would do this. Not that I thought he would. I find it annoying that people run for President while also holding a different office and on top of that I think RP needs to put the fact that he will be out of politics for good unless you vote for him as president.

Anyways, it’s very interesting imo and I think it will make him a much more serious candidate for President.

I think he is using the Palin plan.

Make a job out of running for president.

Book sales and speaking engaugements provide big bucks and you never have to work again.

Really?

Make a job out of running for president?

The 75 year old doctor now needs to make a career out of running for president? :lmao:

His involvement in politics has more to do with his passion and commitment to the original constitution than any career move, i would guess.

You have to realize that TM has no job nor does she have an education... She/he/it hates anything Republican and white, even ones that are vastly more educated than her/him/it while also having a career as a fucking Doctor... Those two things just make TM panic with anger.

And yes, Ron Paul is like 75 and well off, so every 4 years he will run for president to make a living... LOL! He will be 80 for 2016! Haha TM is a fucking idiot.

Weird, I was hoping he would do this. Not that I thought he would. I find it annoying that people run for President while also holding a different office and on top of that I think RP needs to put the fact that he will be out of politics for good unless you vote for him as president.

Anyways, it’s very interesting imo and I think it will make him a much more serious candidate for President.

This action has forced me to modify my opinion of the man, and it does make his bid for president look more serious.

TM saw they were both Republicans and both white... that makes them both evil and she hopes they die in a horrible way, only after they have to watch their children and grand children die in worse ways...

I don't think he is being disingenuous, I think he is just stupid. He really does think they are alike.

This action has forced me to modify my opinion of the man, and it does make his bid for president look more serious.

Ok, well it was my take on it but I still believe many will see it like I do. I would have voted for him either way, I simply like that he is leaving 1 position behind to go after another.

He will give Palin a run for her money on that sweet "money for nothin and the perks for free" plan she discovered and liked so much she quit her government job.

Do you realize how long RP has worked as a congressman? Do you have any idea how absolutely fucking moronic you sound? Next you will be claiming it's all about book deals as if your lord and savvier Obama didn't have people writing books for him.

Is your pea brain even able to grasp the concept that Palin is in fact NOT running for president nor has she EVER ran for President in her life?

Last edited:
Ron Paul 2012! If you want Paul to win the primary, register as a Republican to vote for him. Nobody else is serious about the issues.

This man would disagree with you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD5uctRxDmg]YouTube - ‪Gov. Gary Johnson Responds To Every Question Asked In CNN Debate He Was Excluded From‬‏[/ame]

Ron Paul 2012! If you want Paul to win the primary, register as a Republican to vote for him. Nobody else is serious about the issues.

This man would disagree with you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD5uctRxDmg]YouTube - ‪Gov. Gary Johnson Responds To Every Question Asked In CNN Debate He Was Excluded From‬‏[/ame]
I stand corrected. Gary Johnson too of course is serious about the issues. I prefer Paul, however.

Personally, I'm not surprised by this. It's all-in. Go big or go home. The guy is 75 years old, and he isn't going to live forever. If he loses this cycle, he would be 81 in 2016.

Americans have gotten more tolerant of their political candidates over the years, but I wouldn't see them voting for someone who is 81.

I think the candidate that the GOP should throw their weight behind in the future is Gary Johnson. He's clearly the smartest of the bunch and certainly the most reasonable.

If it wasn't for the fact that he and I disagree on a major point, I'd probably throw my support behind him in 2012 and the future.

Personally, I'm not surprised by this. It's all-in. Go big or go home. The guy is 75 years old, and he isn't going to live forever. If he loses this cycle, he would be 81 in 2016.

Americans have gotten more tolerant of their political candidates over the years, but I wouldn't see them voting for someone who is 81.

I think the candidate that the GOP should throw their weight behind in the future is Gary Johnson. He's clearly the smartest of the bunch and certainly the most reasonable.

If it wasn't for the fact that he and I disagree on a major point, I'd probably throw my support behind him in 2012 and the future.
What is the major point?

What is the major point?

Abortion?

Abortion?

No. Governor Johnson is pro-choice.

Governor Johnson is what we would call a states right proponent. He doesn't feel that the federal government has a right to ban things such as Marijuana, Gay Marriage, Abortion, Death Penalty, etc. However, if a state wants to ban something then that's well within their right. (Excluding things guaranteed by the Constitution, of course.)

I could be wrong about that being his philosophy, but that's what I've taken away from hearing him speak.

That's where him and I diverge. I don't think that a state (take New York) has any more of a right to take away my civil liberties than the Federal Government.

Forum List

Back