Ron Paul to retire from congress.

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Just got that on the radio. I will post articles as they come. If you find any, post them.
I will have to modify my opinion of the man from political hack and career politician to a true believer. He wont run for congress to focus on running for president.

I think he is using the Palin plan.

Make a job out of running for president.

Book sales and speaking engaugements provide big bucks and you never have to work again.

• Banned
House of Representatives
Rep. Ron Paul Won't Seek Congressional Seat in 2012

Published July 12, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Print
Email

Rep. Ron Paul announced Tuesday that he won't seek re-election to the Texas U.S. House seat he's presented for nearly 24 years, and instead will concentrate on getting the Republican nomination for president to run against President Obama in 2012.

Paul made the announcement via Twitter, and linked to a local Texas newspaper to share the details.

"I felt it was better that I concentrate on one election," Paul told The Facts, a news service covering Brazoria County, Texas, a portion of which Paul represents. "It's about that time when I should change tactics."

Read more: Rep. Ron Paul Won't Seek Congressional Seat in 2012 - FoxNews.com

• Banned
House of Representatives

Published July 12, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Print
Email

Rep. Ron Paul announced Tuesday that he won't seek re-election to the Texas U.S. House seat he's presented for nearly 24 years, and instead will concentrate on getting the Republican nomination for president to run against President Obama in 2012.

Paul made the announcement via Twitter, and linked to a local Texas newspaper to share the details.

"I felt it was better that I concentrate on one election," Paul told The Facts, a news service covering Brazoria County, Texas, a portion of which Paul represents. "It's about that time when I should change tactics."

• Banned
House of Representatives

Published July 12, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Print
Email

I suspect he is not wanting to be at odds with his son in congress.
I do not think he could maintain his integrity and still be supportive of Rand.

I think he is using the Palin plan.

Make a job out of running for president.

Book sales and speaking engaugements provide big bucks and you never have to work again.

Really?

Make a job out of running for president?

The 75 year old doctor now needs to make a career out of running for president? :lmao:

His involvement in politics has more to do with his passion and commitment to the original constitution than any career move, i would guess.

Last edited:
I don't agree with Paul on a fair number of issues, but he's by far the most principled person among all presidential candidates. I plan to vote for him in the primaries, although I don't hold out much hope that he can win the nomination.

He will give Palin a run for her money on that sweet "money for nothin and the perks for free" plan she discovered and liked so much she quit her government job.

I don't agree with Paul on a fair number of issues, but he's by far the most principled person among all presidential candidates. I plan to vote for him in the primaries, although I don't hold out much hope that he can win the nomination.

he's spent his career in TX plowing against the establishment. He has a snowballs chance in hell.....that said, once again, like four years ago, I'll be voting for him anyway...

It says allot about the guy if he will give up his spot in congress to run. So many dont, Hell Obama wouldn't do it, neither would Clinton or any others from both sides of the isle.

Forum List

Back