Ron Paul tied with Newt in Iowa

it's so funny watching paulians fantasize.

Yup, and if it becomes reality it will be funny watching things actually change and get better...

there is nothing ron paul could ever do to make anything "better".

but keep fantasizing... it's cute.

One must have an open mind to appreciate what Paul may bring to the table. You, Jillian, although I respect you, most certainly has made it clear that you do not have an open mind.

I am sure it works for you.

For me? I do not only need to hear what others think...I ask them to explain why they think as they do so I can understand it and determine where I may be wrong and confirm where I may be right.

It has allowed me to understand my conservative values better and apply them in a more socially acceptable way.

For example....I see abortion as the killing of a human being. I base that on my knowledge of biology and where I percieve life beginning. However, I understand others perveive it differently...and I understand why they do..

So as it pertains to abortion? Hey...Im a conservative...do as you wish just dont insist I do it as well. Your life is yours and run it as you see best. I will not cirticize and I will not judge. Just dont judge me becuase I see it differently.

As for the gay lifestyle?

Hey...Im a conservative....but lets be real...girl on girl is HOT

If enough Democrats cross over to vote for Paul he might win the Iowa Caucus. That will be the high point of not just his campaign but his political career.

Here's how stupid you are...

The only candidate in the GOP field that actually gets crossovers is the one you seem to hate the most. God forbid a candidates appeals to dems too, right? I guess you don't want anymore people joining the Republican party than what you already have.

You status quo conservatives are just dying to fuck this election up for yourselves aren't you?

If enough Democrats cross over to vote for Paul he might win the Iowa Caucus. That will be the high point of not just his campaign but his political career.

The only candidate in the GOP field that actually gets crossovers is the one you seem to hate the most. God forbid a candidates appeals to dems too, right? I guess you don't want anymore people joining the Republican party than what you already have.

You status quo conservatives are just dying to fuck this election up for yourselves aren't you?
Geezus are you fucking stupid. But we knew that already.

Yup, and if it becomes reality it will be funny watching things actually change and get better...

One must have an open mind to appreciate what Paul may bring to the table. You, Jillian, although I respect you, most certainly has made it clear that you do not have an open mind.

For me? I do not only need to hear what others think...I ask them to explain why they think as they do so I can understand it and determine where I may be wrong and confirm where I may be right.

It has allowed me to understand my conservative values better and apply them in a more socially acceptable way.

For example....I see abortion as the killing of a human being. I base that on my knowledge of biology and where I percieve life beginning. However, I understand others perveive it differently...and I understand why they do..

So as it pertains to abortion? Hey...Im a conservative...do as you wish just dont insist I do it as well. Your life is yours and run it as you see best. I will not cirticize and I will not judge. Just dont judge me becuase I see it differently.

I would understand that even if I had never heard of Ron Paul.
He brings nothing to the table that hasn't been done better by someone else. All he brings is a boatload of wookie-suited kooks who think he is Obama, but for real.

As for girl on girl:
Here's an image for you
001765895.jpg

Last edited:
it's so funny watching paulians fantasize.

Not so sure about that Jillian. The man has an idea to cut $1 trillion from the debt day one via cutting the department of education, energy, commerce and one more. Then he would no doubt find a way to cut other other trillion.

That appeals to me.

Moderator: "Gov' Perry can you name the Three Stooges?"

Gov' Perry: "Yes, Larry, Moe and uh, uh... Larry, Moe and, umm. Manny, Moe and Jack? Uni, Roy and Al?

(Turns to Ron Paul)"Dr. Paul how many Stooges are there?"

James Richard "Dick" Perry = Moron. :)

You STATUS QUO CONSERVATIVES are just DYING to fuck this election up for yourselves aren't you?
^This^.

6a0133f2dd8001970b0154383f9b8f970c-pi

Paul closes in on Gingrich - Public Policy Polling

I love how the MSM tried shoving down everyone's throat the fairy tale that Gingrich somehow won last Sat's Yahoo/ABC debate while ignoring the beatdown Ron Paul gave him. Well apparently the actual voters disagree:

Gingrich has dropped 5 points in the last week and he's also seen a significant decline in his favorability numbers. Last week he was at +31 (62/31) and he's now dropped 19 points to +12 (52/40). The attacks on him appear to be taking a heavy toll- his support with Tea Party voters has declined from 35% to 24%.

Paul meanwhile has seen a big increase in his popularity from +14 (52/38) to +30 (61/31).

Just goes to show that when it comes to the MSM, take everything you hear with a grain of salt and always follow the money trail.

I think Iowa voters probably remember this confrontation between Gingrich and Paul over the Patriot Act and the Oklahoma city bombing too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvFdbDToLs&feature=player_embedded]cnn - ron paul vs newt gingrich - patriot act - YouTube[/ame]

Good post, and I hope Ron Paul works out for you.

Paul is quite incredible when you see his record, not only his record on policy but is personal life record. Paul Puts the country before his own beliefs, this is extremely rare for a politician to be able to do it seems.

I am pro choice, I see both sides of the argument but I like Paul's position because it allows for both to exists and is consistent with the constitution.

The same is true for Gay marriage, I am supportive of everyone to married as to me the constitution does not discriminate by sexuality, gender or race.

Not so sure about that Jillian. The man has an idea to cut $1 trillion from the debt day one via cutting the department of education, energy, commerce and one more. Then he would no doubt find a way to cut other other trillion.

That appeals to me.

Well as we see it's a problem when you have confirmed--dyed in the wool liberals--supporting a very stout conservative in Ron Paul. There are liberals on this board--who are for BIGGER GOVERNMENT--MORE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SPENDING--and all of a sudden they are supporting Ron Paul--who is for a less intrusive federal government--much less government spending--doesn't believe in taxing anyone--(INCLUDING THE EVIL RICH)--and wants total freedom from government regardless of the threats to this nation.

So what would induce LIBERALS to support this man so fiercely? Could it be Ron Paul's stance on wanting to legalize all drugs in this country? I think so--because he certainly does not represent anything else they want.

And I hate to throw water on the liberal party--but--if by some miracle Ron Paul is elected President--you will NOT get all drugs legalized in this country--the Patriot Act will not go away--and no--Ron Paul is not going to be able to cut 1 trillion dollars out of the Federal Budget in one single year. And if he did that you would be screaming your little heads off about the poor people in the street that are starving to death and living under bridges because he did it. In fact, Ron Paul would be so ineffective as President he would be worse than Barack Obama.

Last edited:

I love how the MSM tried shoving down everyone's throat the fairy tale that Gingrich somehow won last Sat's Yahoo/ABC debate while ignoring the beatdown Ron Paul gave him. Well apparently the actual voters disagree:

Gingrich has dropped 5 points in the last week and he's also seen a significant decline in his favorability numbers. Last week he was at +31 (62/31) and he's now dropped 19 points to +12 (52/40). The attacks on him appear to be taking a heavy toll- his support with Tea Party voters has declined from 35% to 24%.

Paul meanwhile has seen a big increase in his popularity from +14 (52/38) to +30 (61/31).

Just goes to show that when it comes to the MSM, take everything you hear with a grain of salt and always follow the money trail.

I think Iowa voters probably remember this confrontation between Gingrich and Paul over the Patriot Act and the Oklahoma city bombing too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvFdbDToLs&feature=player_embedded]cnn - ron paul vs newt gingrich - patriot act - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, where Newt proved he is for Big giant bloated Government and a war that never ends... Also that week a bill came out that would expand the powers of that patriot act, most people in America hate that bill... You know, the bill Newt said we needed and he would want?

Lets put it more plain… People liked Newt sounding tuff… People freaked out when it looked like his scary ass constitution hating reality might happen. You do know Newt wants to re-write the entire constitution yes? Another fun fact about the “smartest guy in the room” lol.

Yes, where Newt proved he is for Big giant bloated Government and a war that never ends... Also that week a bill came out that would expand the powers of that patriot act, most people in America hate that bill... You know, the bill Newt said we needed and he would want?

Lets put it more plain… People liked Newt sounding tuff… People freaked out when it looked like his scary ass constitution hating reality might happen. You do know Newt wants to re-write the entire constitution yes? Another fun fact about the “smartest guy in the room” lol.

Nope--Americans do not understand Ron Paul's statement that "we were successful in the Oklahoma City bombing." 160 innocent American citizens including babies were slaughtered there the day that Timothy McVey made his debut--and Ron Paul called it a success--because we caught him after he blew up the building.

Now--if you believe that Ron Paul--even as President is capable of getting rid of the Patriot Act--with either a democrat or republican congress--have a nice dream--because it ain't happening--nor will the legalizing all drugs happen. There are still 3 houses of government--and they will stuff him in a closet so fast--you'll hardly ever see him.

Last edited:

That appeals to me.

Well as we see it's a problem when you have confirmed--dyed in the wool liberals--supporting a very stout conservative in Ron Paul. There are liberals on this board--who are for BIGGER GOVERNMENT--MORE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SPENDING--and all of a sudden they are supporting Ron Paul--who is for a less intrusive federal government--much less government spending--doesn't believe in taxing anyone--(INCLUDING THE EVIL RICH)--and wants total freedom from government regardless of the threats to this nation.

So what would induce LIBERALS to support this man so fiercely? Could it be Ron Paul's stance on wanting to legalize all drugs in this country? I think so--because he certainly does not represent anything else they want.

And I hate to throw water on the liberal party--but--if by some miracle Ron Paul is elected President--you will NOT get all drugs legalized in this country--the Patriot Act will not go away--and no--Ron Paul is not going to be able to cut 1 trillion dollars out of the Federal Budget in one single year. And if he did that you would be screaming your little heads off about the poor people in the street that are starving to death and living under bridges because he did it. In fact, Ron Paul would be so ineffective as President he would be worse than Barack Obama.

It's sad to see you hate on one of the most conservative people on the stage and in congress for doing something the guy you support (Newt) can't even come close to doing.

You don't like that life long independents and Democrats are willing to up and leave their party to become Republicans to vote for one of the most conservative Republicans in almost 100 years (yes Paul has been ratted that high). Instead you want Newt, a progressive at best to split the Republican party as is and drive away possible growth...

Wow...

I'd love to see Paul win the nom.

Careful what you wish for. If registered Republicans fear four more years of Obama more than they fear non-interventionist foreign policy, Ron Paul would defeat Obama and it might not even be all that close. Assuming the demographics haven't yet reached the threshold where it's mathematically impossible for Obama to lose, Obama would be in for a rude awakening if Republicans are serious when they mean "anyone but Obama" and actually support their nominee Ron Paul in a general election by putting their votes where their mouths are because: everyone knows Paul owns the Independent vote; Paul will likely get the majority of first time voters when you consider his tremendous diehard support among college students; and Paul will even get a decent amount of votes from center-left Democrats. And lets not ignore the elephant in the room that got Obama elected in 08; the anti-war vote. Obama campaigned on peace around the world and ending foreign wars but anyone possessing a global awareness greater than Herman Cain's knows that Obama 2012 is anything but the anti-war candidate he painted himself as in 2008 if his 2012 opponent is Ron Paul. Those voters in 2008 whose #1 issue was ending foreign wars didn't go away, they've only increased in number and there couldn't be a more credible anti-war candidate than Ron Paul.

Obama's vulnerability to the anti-war issue opens up a bigger, more general dilemma for Obama. Obama ran in 08 against George Bush. He plans on running in 12 against the demonized Republican Stereotype. He basically said as much in the 60 Minutes interview last Sunday. Ron Paul is not the Republican Stereotype. Ron Paul is demonized by the MSM -- not for being the Republican Stereotype -- but for being 'crazy' enough to run for the (R) nomination as the genuine yet counterintuitive anti-Republican Stereotype.

Ron Paul essentially turns the tables and makes Obama the Status-Quo Stereotype that, along with Bush, has over 70% of Americans believing the country is headed in the wrong direction. Against Ron Paul, Obama is the big government neocon who picked up on the spending/corporatism/bailouts/war/myopia right where Bush left off. Against Ron Paul, Obama is George Bush. Against Obama, Ron Paul is Hope and Change.

I have been paying more attnetion to Paul lately. Did a little reading up on him and I am intrigued. Yes, some of his ideas and visions concern me....but that does not mean he is wrong. It just means I never thought of it that way.

Knowing that congress keeps the President somewhat in check just as the power of the veto allows the President to keep congress somewhat in check..... a Paul presidency may be exactly what we need right now. Both sides of the aisle will have one thing to unite them.....keeping Paul in check.....and that may allow Paul to institute many of his policies, but within reason...and allow congress to start making decisions that are not just in the best interest of their respective parties, but in the best interest of the country moving forward.

Paul lacks the charisma and "electibility" that smeone like Obama and Romeny have.....but just curious...

how has that been panning out for us lately?

Good on you for taking the initiative to conduct your own objective research into Ron Paul. If everyone followed your example of self-reliance I don't doubt we'd all be much better off for it. Like you, it took a bit of self-awareness for me to realize that there's a flip side to every coin. It's like looking at a Magic Eye picture; you'll never see the image if you're looking through tunnel vision but if you allow your eyes to focus to a broader perspective you can connect the dots and the image appears out of nowhere. Very often it's the big picture that I miss upon first glance, e.g; when it came to the Patriot Act, I initially supported it because I know that I'm a good American and, if anything, surveiling me only proves to government that I'm one of the good guys. But it took a random spark of interest in 20th century European history one day for me to start connecting the dots and realize I'd never even considered the fact that under the Patriot Act, the relevant definition of 'a good American' wasn't subjective to me nor objectively fixed under the law but rather subjective to current and future government. Without ever consciously thinking about it I'd always based my reasoning on the false premise that our government was ultimately incorruptible and this extreme power we were giving to government would never -- in the near or far future -- be used against what I assumed to be 'one of the good guys.' I couldn't see the forrest for the trees until I finally realized I was taking for granted my individual liberty relative to government power. I started seeing the big picture perspective more clearly.

As Ron Paul's support continues to grow and the inevitable rhetoric against him reaches a fever pitch, just remember one thing: Ron Paul's opponents can only try to manufacture fear to use against him in hopes that you don't think for yourself. As you pointed out about the balance of gov powers, the executive branch doesn't even possess the authority to do the things the fearmongers disingenuously insist Ron Paul would do. But that will not stop them from trying to manufacture the strawmen and fear. Anyone who takes the time to do their own investigation of Ron Paul's history and ideology -- Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign Website -- will be able to identify when disinformationists are putting words in his mouth and obscuring the big picture perspective.

Last edited:
Also; in this age of Keynesian voodoo economics, it is by design almost impossible for an objective reasonable person to make sense of economic reports much less understand government economic policy and decision making. Manipulated minutia and half-truths obscure big picture economic cause/effect so that the line between economic/social/foreign policy can be increasingly blurred until the three are intertwined and crafted in order to further political agendas invariably calling for increased government spending and power. The key issue in this election will obviously be economics and so it behooves voters to have a solid grasp on the fundamental concepts of free-market economics. Economics in One Lesson by Hazlitt is a great source imo:

Economics in One Lesson | Foundation for Economic Education

That appeals to me.

He can't legalize drugs but he can decriminalize them and pardon non violent drug offenders. He has never said he wanted to legalize drugs, what he actually said is that it should be up to the states.

He most definitely can shut down departments and shift their duties to other departments.
He has said there would be a weaning off period for social programs so people aren't going to be starving in the streets. Well not any more than there are now.

He won't be able to repeal the patriot act on his own but he has never said he could.
He just disagrees with it and he can prevent its abuse by the law enforcement agencies that work under him and in the meantime he can work to have it repealed.

Your post is inaccurate and misleading. It is also hysterical fear mongering.

Moderator: "Gov' Perry can you name the Three Stooges?"

Gov' Perry: "Yes, Larry, Moe and uh, uh... Larry, Moe and, umm. Manny, Moe and Jack? Uni, Roy and Al?

(Turns to Ron Paul)"Dr. Paul how many Stooges are there?"

James Richard "Dick" Perry = Moron. :)

Dr Paul, do you think Iran ought to have a nuke?
It's perfectly reasonable for them to. They are surrounded by enemies like Israel. North Korea ought to have nukes. Hell, Swaziland and Somalia ought to have nukes. I support nukes in every garage. No one should object unless someone actually uses one against them. Then it's too late, but at least I'm still a libertarian about it.

The PPP poll is an outlier... Nearly every other poll has Newt up by double digits.

What is interesting is that the PPP and Insider Advantage polls now have Romney sinking into third and even fourth place, after he made a commitment to seriously compete in Iowa.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus

Paul might do well because this is a caucus. Which means people have to drive out to a place and openly declare their intents. Of course, that will also mean for you Paul supporters in Iowa, your neighbors will now know you are batshit crazy and will start locking their windows.

I would still like to see Newt win Iowa, because I think the quicker he puts this away, the quicker he can concentrate on Obama.

Forum List

Back