Ron Paul tied with Newt in Iowa

I would still like to see Newt win Iowa, because I think the quicker he puts this away, the quicker he can concentrate on Obama.

I'm actually thinking that would be a good thing myself, albeit for different reasons. I don't think the Republicans will, in the end, allow Paul to be the nominee no matter how popular he is. The sooner that becomes apparent, the sooner it's obvious that Republican support for liberty and limited government is mere lip-service, the sooner we can start building real third party challenge.

Last edited:
I would still like to see Newt win Iowa, because I think the quicker he puts this away, the quicker he can concentrate on Obama.

I'm actually thinking that would be a good thing myself, albeit for different reasons. I don't think the Republicans will, in the end, allow Paul to be the nominee no matter how popular he is. The sooner that becomes apparent, the sooner it's obvious that Republican support for liberty and limited government is mere lip-service, the sooner we can start building real third party challenge.

I have no problem with Ron Paul taking his bags of Crazy and going to the Libertarian Party and getting 1% of the vote...

lOOK at ron paul and Gingirch.

the right wing voter wont elect ugly people.

They are just that shallow

I have no problem with Ron Paul taking his bags of Crazy and going to the Libertarian Party and getting 1% of the vote...

Heh... he do much better than that this time, no one really doubts that. No one really thinks he have a chance to win either, but he could do well enough to build a genuine movement for freedom, one not bound by the baggage of status-quo Republican conservatism.

If enough Democrats cross over to vote for Paul he might win the Iowa Caucus. That will be the high point of not just his campaign but his political career.
Moderator: "Gov' Perry can you name the Three Stooges?"

Gov' Perry: "Yes, Larry, Moe and uh, uh... Larry, Moe and, umm. Manny, Moe and Jack? Uni, Roy and Al?

(Turns to Ron Paul)"Dr. Paul how many Stooges are there?"

James Richard "Dick" Perry = Moron. :)

Dr Paul, do you think Iran ought to have a nuke?
It's perfectly reasonable for them to. They are surrounded by enemies like Israel. North Korea ought to have nukes. Hell, Swaziland and Somalia ought to have nukes. I support nukes in every garage. No one should object unless someone actually uses one against them. Then it's too late, but at least I'm still a libertarian about it.

Give a quote of Paul saying this or let the record show you outright and knowingly lied to attack Ron Paul.

The thing is there are already three parties with significant influence and therein lies the problem. There is the Republican Party, the Democratic Party and then there is the Moderate/Progressive party which is a conglomeration of the two. Unfortunately the Moderate/Progressive Party has control right now. There has been a homegenization of our political parties and they have lost thier way. Ron Paul holds to the original Republican platform.

The thing is there are already three parties with significant influence and therein lies the problem. There is the Republican Party, the Democratic Party and then there is the Moderate/Progressive party which is a conglomeration of the two. Unfortunately the Moderate/Progressive Party has control right now. There has been a homegenization of our political parties and they have lost thier way. Ron Paul holds to the original Republican platform.

How do you really count that as a 'third party' though? If anything, it supports the supposition that there's only 'one party' in the US.

Heh... he do much better than that this time, no one really doubts that. No one really thinks he have a chance to win either, but he could do well enough to build a genuine movement for freedom, one not bound by the baggage of status-quo Republican conservatism.

The only thing I worry about is that he's almost too old to run again after this election (barring a reelection bid for the WH of course), and I'm not sure who else could take over and continue the 3rd party momentum. I figure Paul would do at least as well as Perot, if not better, but only doing that 1 time doesn't send much of a message. The GOP needs to know it's going to lose 20% EVERY SINGLE ELECTION before they feel forced to actually change.

The only thing I worry about is that he's almost too old to run again after this election (barring a reelection bid for the WH of course), and I'm not sure who else could take over and continue the 3rd party momentum.

That's almost a good thing in my view. Ron Paul is not without his flaws, and we need young blood to take up the cause. My hope is that he'll use the clout and influence he's gathered over the last decade or so to drive a stake in the ground for that effort.

Ron Paul has a lot of good ideas but not in military. Taking troops out of the middle east is not a good idea at all.
I don't understand why any would support him because he is starting to lose his hearing. If he can't hear well now, what will it be like in 2013,14,15 and 16?
If you are the leader of our nation you must be able to hear well.

Ron Paul has a lot of good ideas but not in military. Taking troops out of the middle east is not a good idea at all.
I don't understand why any would support him because he is starting to lose his hearing. If he can't hear well now, what will it be like in 2013,14,15 and 16?
If you are the leader of our nation you must be able to hear well.

His eyebrows and hearing are only following his sanity.

The only thing I worry about is that he's almost too old to run again after this election (barring a reelection bid for the WH of course), and I'm not sure who else could take over and continue the 3rd party momentum.

That's almost a good thing in my view. Ron Paul is not without his flaws, and we need young blood to take up the cause. My hope is that he'll use the clout and influence he's gathered over the last decade or so to drive a stake in the ground for that effort.

I fear that at the end of the day, people are attached more to him than the message. I'm afraid the message could slowly die with him. And I understand why that would be. It's not just the message with Paul, it's HIM. He's got 30+ years of a record you can depend on when it comes to the message. He's the only one most of us can really trust. So who can come in and continue that after he's gone? I don't know about you, but I'm going to have an extremely hard time trusting someone the way I trust him because someone like him in politics only comes along once a generation, at best. The only one I'd even remotely consider beyond him would be Rand.

I'm going to write Paul in regardless in the general, because even though I'm a registered republican I'd never throw my vote away by picking the lesser of 2 evils. But Rand is someone I could give my vote to for president. I'd love to see him run in '16.

I fear that at the end of the day, people are attached more to him than the message. I'm afraid the message could slowly die with him. And I understand why that would be. It's not just the message with Paul, it's HIM. He's got 30+ years of a record you can depend on when it comes to the message. He's the only one most of us can really trust. So who can come in and continue that after he's gone? I don't know about you, but I'm going to have an extremely hard time trusting someone the way I trust him because someone like him in politics only comes along once a generation, at best. The only one I'd even remotely consider beyond him would be Rand.

I'm going to write Paul in regardless in the general, because even though I'm a registered republican I'd never throw my vote away by picking the lesser of 2 evils. But Rand is someone I could give my vote to for president. I'd love to see him run in '16.

This is why I think its so important that he runs, or at least helps form, a real third party challenge this election. This is most likely his last campaign, and if he wants to leave a real legacy, he has to build up enough momentum that other people will take up the cause.

It's naive to think he is the only person out there with the qualities necessary. I'm quite sure there are people out there better suited to lead the cause. Most of them just don't see any point. If the Libertarians, or some other independent party, can bring in even ten or fifteen percent of the popular vote, that will be huge. It will inspire future candidates and, maybe, the next Ron Paul will have even more potential to appeal to a broad base.

How do you really count that as a 'third party' though? If anything, it supports the supposition that there's only 'one party' in the US.

The reason I say there are three parties in government now is because there are elements in each party that still hold to the tenets and platform of the party they joined. In times past they were the majority in each party and the but now they are on the fringes.

TheModerates/Progressives are now a majority in each party and they are the party of "compromise". Unfortunately what they have compromised is their principles. I strongly suspect that their main motivator is the desire to stay in power and the means to do so comes mainly from their donors. Let's face it these donations are an investment and the donors get a return or they wouldn't do it. I think it is also a result of them trying to appeal to the most people instead of standing on their principles and letting people decide who they want based on that. They try to be someone who they are not to win votes and in essence they are defrauding the american people.

Have they started printing the Rand Paul signs yet? Gotta keep those Paulbots interested ya know. As soon as this cycle is over they will on jump on the Rand bandwagon. Seems we are doomed to this stupidity for the rest of our lives.

Sigh

Have they started printing the Rand Paul signs yet? Gotta keep those Paulbots interested ya know. As soon as this cycle is over they will on jump on the Rand bandwagon. Seems we are doomed to this stupidity for the rest of our lives.

Sigh

I'm not that impressed with Rand myself.

Ron Paul is never in a million years going to get the GOP node for President and I think he should drop out to quit complicating matters.

Forum List

Back