Ron Paul in '12. 3rd times a charm?

If Paul runs, will he

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
U.S. Representative Ron Paul of Texas began a movement for the 2012 Republican Party nomination for President of the United States shortly following the 2008 presidential elections.

Although he was frequently mentioned as a possible candidate, Paul has stopped short of a full-fledged candidacy before at least April. Prior to that, he had only indicated that he was considering running for President of the United States.

On April 14, 2011, Paul announced the formation of a "testing-the-waters" account, and has stated that he will decide whether he will officially enter the race by at least early May. Paul is expected to announce the formation of an exploratory committee on April 26, 2011, in Des Moines, Iowa.

It'll be fun watching him tear the other republicans to shreds on economic issues and the issue of blowback from a foreign policy we can't afford in the debates again.

The debates, the campaign, the speeches will be fun, but I think we all will know in the back of our minds that it's just a pipedream.

My guess is it'll either be RomneyCare or big spending big government tax raising Huckabee.

It'll be fun watching him tear the other republicans to shreds on economic issues and the issue of blowback from a foreign policy we can't afford in the debates again.

The debates, the campaign, the speeches will be fun, but I think we all will know in the back of our minds that it's just a pipedream.

My guess is it'll either be RomneyCare or big spending big government tax raising Huckabee.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!

If your catholic, go to confession ya heathen.

Romney is tainted with obama stink.
Huckabee is a social conservative, and will get crushed by the TP demanding he stick to the Constitution.

I think Paul goes 3rd party again, but with a slim chance to win. I think there is a small chance he gets the GOP nod.

Honestly, libs should love Paul. His sticking with the Constitution will free up gays to get married, and allow states to regulate it if they want.

I don't support ending the war on terror, but I do support not nation building, and not killing Lybians when we have no biz there aside from bringing Gaddafi to justice.

Paul takes step toward presidential run - Politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

Looks like the good doctor will be making another run.

Nothing official yet, but it certainly looks like he will.

Currently he's a conservative republican with the backing of libertarians and the TP.

Question is; Is it enough, this time?

Ron Paul will run. I do not know if he is dumb enough to think he has a chance to win, or if he simply likes the publicity?

Anyone with a brain knows Dr. Paul isn't dumb, maybe he likes the publicity, and lots of smart people have run and will run for presidency despite having no chance of winning.

Paul is not about publicity. He will run and he will change the tone of the debate like last time. Thats his intention.

He will awaken more people to the truth that is our country

He will only grow his base and he will be a danger to the establishment and the banksters on wall street.

I'll vote for him in the primaries and I will campaign for him every chance I get.

We ain't going to fix this country with the same old B.S. politicians. Its time to wake up people.

Currently he's a conservative republican with the backing of libertarians and the TP.

Ron Paul will run. I do not know if he is dumb enough to think he has a chance to win, or if he simply likes the publicity?

Anyone with a brain knows Dr. Paul isn't dumb, maybe he likes the publicity, and lots of smart people have run and will run for presidency despite having no chance of winning.

Its not about his publicity but rather spreading the idea of true conservatism.

He knows he doesn't have a chance. He's doing it for the cause........

Ron Paul would make an excellent executive officer of the United States.

I'm not sure how much publicity he likes considering how much he was marginalized and attacked by the mainstream media and the establishment parties the last time around.

Yet, he was brilliant in the debates and I would suggest everybody to go onto YouTube and take a look. He made the moderators and the other candidates look like fools when they went on the offensive against him.

My concern about the election in general is the use of electronic voting machines. I think such a system is far to vulnerable to fraud than a de-centralized paper ballot counting system. If you look back into the Nevada Caucus and the New Hampshire primary there was a lot of suspicious activity going on.

The Republican party overtly tried to thwart Ron Paul from getting the nomination. They'd rather stick to the Neo-Con fascist platform

Last edited:

I'm not sure how much publicity he likes considering how much he was marginalized and attacked by the mainstream media and the establishment parties the last time around.

Yet, he was brilliant in the debates and I would suggest everybody to go onto YouTube and take a look. He made the moderators and the other candidates look like fools when they went on the offensive against him.

My concern about the election in general is the use of electronic voting machines. i think such a system is far to vulnerable to fraud than a de-centralized paper ballot counting system. If you look back into the Nevada Caucus and the New Hampshire primary there was a lot of suspicious activity going on.

The Republican party overtly tried to thwart Ron Paul from getting the nomination. They'd rather stick to th Neo-Con fascist platform

^^^^ What he said ^^^^

My concern about the election in general is the use of electronic voting machines. I think such a system is far to vulnerable to fraud than a de-centralized paper ballot counting system. If you look back into the Nevada Caucus and the New Hampshire primary there was a lot of suspicious activity going on.

The Republican party overtly tried to thwart Ron Paul from getting the nomination. They'd rather stick to the Neo-Con fascist platform

So, everyone is in agreement? Paul adding himself to the mix does nothing more than help to dilute an already weak field of potential 2012 POTUS candidates. I have NO idea how Hannity kept a straight face last night when he stated that "this has got to to be the strongest GOP field in his lifetime".....:cuckoo:

So, everyone is in agreement? Paul adding himself to the mix does nothing more than help to dilute an already weak field of potential 2012 POTUS candidates. I have NO idea how Hannity kept a straight face last night when he stated that "this has got to to be the strongest GOP field in his lifetime".....:cuckoo:

I'm glad somebody here watches Hannity. I can't stand the guy and rely on people like yourself to tell us what mindless drivel he spews.

Actually,

The more and more I look at the current GOP runners and potential runners.

The more I like Pauls chances.

I think a goo chunk of reps are a little tired of the slow move to the left the GOP has been doing.

Who else? Trump? That dog and pony show is about to leave town.
Romney? That dog won't hunt. Romneycare kills him
Huckabee? Social conservative, fiscal liberal
Palin? I'd never ever vote for a quitter

None of the other actual conservatives have enough popularity.

I'm glad somebody here watches Hannity. I can't stand the guy and rely on people like yourself to tell us what mindless drivel he spews.

Don't take that quote to heart. It's not even the whole sentence.

aside from that

Hannity is over the top. But I do like Krouthammer, he's a great co-host.

I usually watch CNN. However, they were focusing on that frickin' Royal Wedding, so I was channel surfing and Hannity is always good for some comic relief.

Ron Paul stands less of a chance winning than I do.
He's surrounded by brainwashed ass hats that worship flags and lies. Like Duh Donald Said. " RP can never be president" He was right.
You assholes aren't smart enough to vote for a man like Ron Paul.......or Nader...or Perot........
I figure it'll be a toss up between Trump and Palin.
Once again murkins will vote against their own best interests.

Eternity is not enough time.

He's got the same chance Kucinich or Nader..

Lots of people like what they say..but even the people that like them..don't want them to be President.

Forum List

Back