Ron Paul in '12. 3rd times a charm?

If Paul runs, will he

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"I don't want the government to mess around with my Medicare!"

He also wants to abolish the Fed bank.

That's a TP wet dream

IF there was a way he could 110% guarantee me that he would follow through with his desire to close all of our overseas bases and stop playing "world police", I would vote for him in a heart beat. However, since we do not elect a King or dictator, I know this would never happen.

Ok,

Your only other option is to vote for someone that will keep things as they are, or make them worse.

I'd rather vote for someone that tries and fails than anyone currently out there.

Imagine RON PAUL as President with a Republican House and Senate, Maybe there is hope for our country. We're about to find out the intelligence of the voting public.

Paul takes step toward presidential run - Politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

Looks like the good doctor will be making another run.

Nothing official yet, but it certainly looks like he will.

Currently he's a conservative republican with the backing of libertarians and the TP.

Question is; Is it enough, this time?

Ron Paul will run. I do not know if he is dumb enough to think he has a chance to win, or if he simply likes the publicity?
Not so sure it won't be different this time. He is a smart debater, he had a very motivated base in the last election and people truely want immigration, spending and tax reform. I think people will believe Ron Paul will deliver on that message. HOWEVER, even if he wins the primary (which I think he is a long shot), he won't beat Obama!

The more I read about Ron Paul, the more I like, I'm tempted to toss my vote his way.

RON PAUL is the real deal, His message has been the same for years. He doesn't run a poll to see where he stands on an issue.

Currently he's a conservative republican with the backing of libertarians and the TP.

Ron Paul will run. I do not know if he is dumb enough to think he has a chance to win, or if he simply likes the publicity?
Not so sure it won't be different this time. He is a smart debater, he had a very motivated base in the last election and people truely want immigration, spending and tax reform. I think people will believe Ron Paul will deliver on that message. HOWEVER, even if he wins the primary (which I think he is a long shot), he won't beat Obama!

I don't see it that way AT ALL. I don't think any of the so-called "mainstream" Bush-light neo-con republicans and social conservatives have what it takes to beat Obama. Paul and Gary Johnson are the only candidates that will have the testicular fortitude to hit Obama where it hurts, Libya, the wars, and the failing dollar. If any of the neo-cons that were up Bush and Karl Rove's behind for years during the last adminstration try to pin Obama on doing EVERYTHING he promised America he wouldn't do (expanding both wars, engaging in another EVEN MORE IMMORAL and ACTUALLY ILLEGAL invasion in Libya, NOT closing GITMO, raising the debt ceiling when he was "against it" under Boosh, PLUS all of the domestic spending increases) Obama will simply remind everyone that THEY WERE FOR ALL THOSE THINGS WHEN BUSH STARTED THEM.

The Republican Party "mainstream" has NO CONSISTANT IDEOLOGICAL MESSAGE. Maybe a Hermain Cain, Mike Pence, or someone who wasn't well known during the Bush years can win. But in no way can an establishment republican win over Obama. Establishment republicans DONT DESERVE to beat Obama. They are Obama! The only difference is Obamacare and I think the turmoil in the middle east and gas prices will make that the least of even the tea party's worries come 2012.

If he actually gets the GOP nod, he crushes obama.

Ron Paul .com

There's to much on there for liberals to love about him.
There's tons on there for moderates and far rights to love.

The hard part is getting the nod. The clones are so much alike, and they work so well together it will be harder for him to get the nod than the WH.

If he runs 3rd party though, he can't make it b/c of the debate rules.

I have a feeling that Ron is going to do a lot better this time around. More people are engaged with politics then ever before and after 4 years of non existent "change" they are going to see someone who actually is a change, then what they have seen before.

I really think America put one last good faith vote in a candidate like Obongo. I don't think the people are going to readily fall for it again this time around.... We shall see......

Nader was trying to make the environment his platform [if I recall]. That's a bit singular, and is not as cut and dry as the debt.

Paul won't get the 5% for the TP, b/c they seem to be refusing to be an actual party. Maybe he gets it for the Reform Party.

I sincerely hope so. More of the same ol' same ol' will just end in us getting the same ol'.

Seriously, if it's Romney or Huckabee, the GOP is run by the terminally insane.
Well you KNOW it's either Romney or Huckabee. That's the way the GOP operates. They always nominate as if it's an Oscar to an aging star that never won one. Look at McCain, Dole, Bush I, Nixon and on and on.

The Democrats meet someone and, if they like him, he's the nominee! Look at Carter and Dukais and Obama. They weren't factors in the previous election.

Republicans must LOVE their candidate. They must KNOW their candidate. They aren't going to pass off the nomination to a Johnny Comelately.

come now

Aside from Carter you have gone with the best looking man each time. Toss in charisma, you can count Smiling Jimmy.

fyi; You also admitted you vote feelings w/o knowledge while reps vote knowledge to get the feeling. :razz:
Your telling me that Michael Dukakis is a hunk? That George McGovern looked better than Ted Kennedy?

Looks has little to do with it. The GOP has a hierarchical system of awarding the nomination to the most deserving after choking down chicken dinners in Iowa and freezing your patooty off in New Hampshire four years earlier.

Well you KNOW it's either Romney or Huckabee. That's the way the GOP operates. They always nominate as if it's an Oscar to an aging star that never won one. Look at McCain, Dole, Bush I, Nixon and on and on.

The Democrats meet someone and, if they like him, he's the nominee! Look at Carter and Dukais and Obama. They weren't factors in the previous election.

Republicans must LOVE their candidate. They must KNOW their candidate. They aren't going to pass off the nomination to a Johnny Comelately.

come now

Aside from Carter you have gone with the best looking man each time. Toss in charisma, you can count Smiling Jimmy.

fyi; You also admitted you vote feelings w/o knowledge while reps vote knowledge to get the feeling. :razz:
Your telling me that Michael Dukakis is a hunk? That George McGovern looked better than Ted Kennedy?

Looks has little to do with it. The GOP has a hierarchical system of awarding the nomination to the most deserving after choking down chicken dinners in Iowa and freezing your patooty off in New Hampshire four years earlier.

Since I need to be specific;

Your Presidents have all been good looking or had big smiles, since, at least, since, JFK.

but yes, the GOP does work on a who earned basis.

How that works means it will be Rombee for Pres, and Ill toss my vote away, again.

So, everyone is in agreement? Paul adding himself to the mix does nothing more than help to dilute an already weak field of potential 2012 POTUS candidates. I have NO idea how Hannity kept a straight face last night when he stated that "this has got to to be the strongest GOP field in his lifetime".....:cuckoo:

Weak candidates vs weak prez the prez will win everytime because he has the advantage of the incumbent.

Don't hear me wrong, if Paul doesn't win the rep nominee (which he won't) I couldn't care less which of the corporate owned candidates from either status quo party wins.

There was no substantive difference between McCain and Obama so I voted third party.

Agreed. They are pretty much the same. Same with Bush. Obama is like a Bush/McCain clone with Jimmy Carter thrown in for good measure.

Ron Paul stands less of a chance winning than I do.
He's surrounded by brainwashed ass hats that worship flags and lies. Like Duh Donald Said. " RP can never be president" He was right.
You assholes aren't smart enough to vote for a man like Ron Paul.......or Nader...or Perot........
I figure it'll be a toss up between Trump and Palin.
Once again murkins will vote against their own best interests.

one difference here asshole.....we get to vote....you dont .....so shut the fuck up and go back to picking up the Horsies poop.....hey Douger by the way....do the Costa Ricans resent you yet for living off THEIR Countries Tit.....

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!

If your catholic, go to confession ya heathen.

Romney is tainted with obama stink.
Huckabee is a social conservative, and will get crushed by the TP demanding he stick to the Constitution.

I think Paul goes 3rd party again, but with a slim chance to win. I think there is a small chance he gets the GOP nod.

Honestly, libs should love Paul. His sticking with the Constitution will free up gays to get married, and allow states to regulate it if they want.

I don't support ending the war on terror, but I do support not nation building, and not killing Lybians when we have no biz there aside from bringing Gaddafi to justice.

Ron Paul will not run as a third party candidate and Mike Huckabee will not crushed by the tea party. The tea party became overrun with Bible beating social conservatives a long time ago.

I'd love to see it, because it would be great to have a president who doesn't want to spit on the constitution, but I doubt there's enough liberty-minded people in the country for Paul to make a serious run.:(

I voted he would win but I don't like polls like this and I don't stand by my vote.

Ron will probably do much better this time than last time he ran, he will make it very hard for someone else to win and further fracture the party in the process. I do think he has a better chance of winning during the primaries than most people running. I’d like to see someone *Ron Paul like* win the nomination and RP get the VP, that would destroy in the 2012 election IMO. However it’s not about winning to me, it’s about fixing the fucking mess and only a few people in politics are willing to even talk about what it takes.

This is about the only prediction I would make on the future elections and who can and can't win.

Last edited:
I unfortunately don't think Ron Paul can/will win. I hope he does. I tend to have moderate views...and tend to dislike both Republicans and Democrats.

With that said I really like Ron Paul-not because of his views (while I agree with him on most things-there are quite a few things I disagree with him on). But because I don't think he can be bought or sold, and I like politicians who stand by their views-popular or not, whether it coincides with their party or not.

Ron Paul tells it it like it is, and I think he's as honest as a politician can get.

Regardless of the guy's views he's in politics for the right reasons, just like Kuchinich, Perot, etc.

It'll be fun watching him tear the other republicans to shreds on economic issues and the issue of blowback from a foreign policy we can't afford in the debates again.

The debates, the campaign, the speeches will be fun, but I think we all will know in the back of our minds that it's just a pipedream.

My guess is it'll either be RomneyCare or big spending big government tax raising Huckabee.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!

If your catholic, go to confession ya heathen.

Romney is tainted with obama stink.
Huckabee is a social conservative, and will get crushed by the TP demanding he stick to the Constitution.

I think Paul goes 3rd party again, but with a slim chance to win. I think there is a small chance he gets the GOP nod.

Honestly, libs should love Paul. His sticking with the Constitution will free up gays to get married, and allow states to regulate it if they want.

I don't support ending the war on terror, but I do support not nation building, and not killing Lybians when we have no biz there aside from bringing Gaddafi to justice.

LOL. I really think that Paul should make a third party run. And Palin a fourth party run, Bachmann, a fifth party run, and so on.

Weak candidates vs weak prez the prez will win everytime because he has the advantage of the incumbent.

Don't hear me wrong, if Paul doesn't win the rep nominee (which he won't) I couldn't care less which of the corporate owned candidates from either status quo party wins.

There was no substantive difference between McCain and Obama so I voted third party.

Agreed. They are pretty much the same. Same with Bush. Obama is like a Bush/McCain clone with Jimmy Carter thrown in for good measure.

Gus Hall?

Forum List

Back