Ron Paul in '12. 3rd times a charm?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Reasoning, Apr 25, 2011.

?

If Paul runs, will he

Poll closed Jun 15, 2011.
  1. be the GOP front runner

26.3%
  2. be the 3rd party champion

10.5%
  3. be the 3rd party dark horse [stick it to the GOP]

10.5%
  4. run, but then drop out

10.5%
  5. run, but pull so few votes it wouldn't have made a dent.

42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Reasoning

Reasoning Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    [​IMG]

2. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    U.S. Representative Ron Paul of Texas began a movement for the 2012 Republican Party nomination for President of the United States shortly following the 2008 presidential elections.

Although he was frequently mentioned as a possible candidate, Paul has stopped short of a full-fledged candidacy before at least April. Prior to that, he had only indicated that he was considering running for President of the United States.

On April 14, 2011, Paul announced the formation of a "testing-the-waters" account, and has stated that he will decide whether he will officially enter the race by at least early May. Paul is expected to announce the formation of an exploratory committee on April 26, 2011, in Des Moines, Iowa.

3. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
  4. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    It'll be fun watching him tear the other republicans to shreds on economic issues and the issue of blowback from a foreign policy we can't afford in the debates again.

The debates, the campaign, the speeches will be fun, but I think we all will know in the back of our minds that it's just a pipedream.

My guess is it'll either be RomneyCare or big spending big government tax raising Huckabee.

5. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    BITE YOUR TONGUE!!

If your catholic, go to confession ya heathen.

Romney is tainted with obama stink.
    Huckabee is a social conservative, and will get crushed by the TP demanding he stick to the Constitution.

I think Paul goes 3rd party again, but with a slim chance to win. I think there is a small chance he gets the GOP nod.

Honestly, libs should love Paul. His sticking with the Constitution will free up gays to get married, and allow states to regulate it if they want.

I don't support ending the war on terror, but I do support not nation building, and not killing Lybians when we have no biz there aside from bringing Gaddafi to justice.

6. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Ron Paul will run. I do not know if he is dumb enough to think he has a chance to win, or if he simply likes the publicity?

7. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Anyone with a brain knows Dr. Paul isn't dumb, maybe he likes the publicity, and lots of smart people have run and will run for presidency despite having no chance of winning.

8. liebuster

liebuster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Paul is not about publicity. He will run and he will change the tone of the debate like last time. Thats his intention.

He will awaken more people to the truth that is our country

He will only grow his base and he will be a danger to the establishment and the banksters on wall street.

I'll vote for him in the primaries and I will campaign for him every chance I get.

We ain't going to fix this country with the same old B.S. politicians. Its time to wake up people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. liebuster

liebuster VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Its not about his publicity but rather spreading the idea of true conservatism.

He knows he doesn't have a chance. He's doing it for the cause........

10. Triton

Triton King of the Sea

Thanks Received:
    Whatever particular body of water suits me at the
    Ratings:
    +63
    Ron Paul would make an excellent executive officer of the United States.

I'm not sure how much publicity he likes considering how much he was marginalized and attacked by the mainstream media and the establishment parties the last time around.

Yet, he was brilliant in the debates and I would suggest everybody to go onto YouTube and take a look. He made the moderators and the other candidates look like fools when they went on the offensive against him.

My concern about the election in general is the use of electronic voting machines. I think such a system is far to vulnerable to fraud than a de-centralized paper ballot counting system. If you look back into the Nevada Caucus and the New Hampshire primary there was a lot of suspicious activity going on.

The Republican party overtly tried to thwart Ron Paul from getting the nomination. They'd rather stick to the Neo-Con fascist platform

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011