Ron Desantis' Good Start

Scott's refusal to even humor environmental concerns was an excellent thing to put on a resume for a GOP Senator but not so good for our state.

The thing that is not so good for our state are all those obnoxious asshole Yankees that move down here and vote Democrat.

Maybe y'all should build a wall.

I understand they "work".

We need to do something to stop the flow of Libtard assholes into the state.

I would like to see the state border closed and the only people allowed to come into the state are the ones that can prove their ancestors fought for the Confederacy. Immediate deportation of all the filthy ass yankees and welfare queens. Make Florida Great Again!

Scott's refusal to even humor environmental concerns was an excellent thing to put on a resume for a GOP Senator but not so good for our state.

The thing that is not so good for our state are all those obnoxious asshole Yankees that move down here and vote Democrat.

930129631173730304_jpg-807471.JPG

We need to do something to stop the flow of Libtard assholes into the state.

I would like to see the state border closed and the only people allowed to come into the state are the ones that can prove their ancestors fought for the Confederacy. Immediate deportation of all the filthy ass yankees and welfare queens. Make Florida Great Again!

Don't know a whole lot about the Confederacy, do ya.

The concept of secession/war was anything but universal in the South. There were pockets of resistance to the idea of secession everywhere. Virginia lost a big chunk of its own territory when it unseceded. East Tennessee would have done the same thing but for occupying Confederate troops. Bushwhackers picked off soldiers from either side, protecting their own turf. Actively unionist strongholds opposed the Confederacy from the start in Mississippi, in Alabama, in Arkansas, in Georgia. The entire Confederate secession was brought about by its aristocracy class who wielded enough power to contrive a war somebody else would have to fight, the wealthy planter element, that is to say those who could afford to own slaves, largely despised by the South's have-nots who farmed their own land and had no investment in slavery. That's why desertion and draft-dodging were rampant, as so many of that ordinary-people class wanted no part of the rich's war.

This latter-day concept of the entire South being somehow "united" in its Confederationing is pretty much a fabrication of the Cult of the Lost Cause. It didn't happen that way. The War was about slavery but within the South and within its root causes it was about class. As always, the haves victimizing the have-nots.

So your pipe dream of "prove their ancestors fought for" a bullshit war that didn't have to happen driven by the rich, a war that a significant slice of that population correctly saw as bullshit, has no merit whatsoever and is dismissed.

Forum List

Back