Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

Senators of both parties were so eager to confirm Mr. Cheney quickly that they were relatively undemanding, not pressing him on the draft but merely asking him if he had anything to say about it.

He said he "never served" because of deferments to finish a college career that lasted six years rather than four, which he attributed to subpar academic performance and the fact that he had to work to pay for his education.

He added that he "would have obviously been happy to serve had I been called."

Away from the hearing room, he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Cheney and #39 - s Five Draft Deferments During the Vietnam Era Emerge as a Campaign Issue - NYTimes.com

yep.

he is a treasonous traitor

Hate to interrupt your "Didn't Serve Cheney" rant, but where exactly did you and Joe Biden serve?

Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

Provide a link to that exact quote by Cheney.

You, who cannot give a direct link when asked for it, don't deserve any link until you clean up your act, extremiturd.

Yeah, Cheney said to the effect just that.

Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

You, who cannot give a direct link when asked for it.

I've given YOU dozens of links for your edification on various topics, so maybe you should be choosing your words more carefully.

Senators of both parties were so eager to confirm Mr. Cheney quickly that they were relatively undemanding, not pressing him on the draft but merely asking him if he had anything to say about it.

He said he "never served" because of deferments to finish a college career that lasted six years rather than four, which he attributed to subpar academic performance and the fact that he had to work to pay for his education.

Away from the hearing room, he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Cheney and #39 - s Five Draft Deferments During the Vietnam Era Emerge as a Campaign Issue - NYTimes.com

yep.

Read the Article in the Link. I don't see him doing anything wrong there. You act like Everyone of sound mind was running to enlist. That wasn't the case at all. People who could get out of Service, generally did. You know, like you probably try to get out of Jury Duty. :lol: If you think about it, someone being hesitant of jumping on a live grenade, in place of you, is not treason, it's self preservation.

You, who cannot give a direct link when asked for it.

I've given YOU dozens of links for your edification on various topics, so maybe you should be choosing your words more carefully.

A direct link means a link that is directly related to the topic. You can't do that. The last time was when I asked for acculturation and assimilation of Hispanics compared to others. You gave some interesting links, but none that directly related to the topic.

Then you lied about it.

yep.

Read the Article in the Link. I don't see him doing anything wrong there. You act like Everyone of sound mind was running to enlist. That wasn't the case at all. People who could get out of Service, generally did. You know, like you probably try to get out of Jury Duty. :lol: If you think about it, someone being hesitant of jumping on a live grenade, in place of you, is not treason, it's self preservation.

I read the entire article and I know the issue well.

When Cheney got his deferments is of importance. For a war hawk and interventionist to show such cowardly behavior and be proud of it is shameful and despicable.

Dante:
I never try to get out of jury duty. I am engaged with civic duties and responsibilities. I've been on a party ballot. I've donated many hours of my life to making the immediate world around me a better place. I have no political enemies (except during campaign season LOL) and I have only political opponents. I am a better citizen than most

yep.

Hate to interrupt your "Didn't Serve Cheney" rant, but where exactly did you and Joe Biden serve?

Change the subject? I signed up during one of the first years of the Voluntary years. Biden? Who cares?

No one disputes Cheney received five deferments and, when asked why he didn’t serve...

he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Cheney did what MILLIONS of other American men did during the Vietnam war. Went to college, got married and got legal deferments from the draft.

How many years did Clinton serve in the military?

Oh yeah. . . . none . . . . and he was even listed as A-1 for the draft.

Most right wing leaders dodged the draft. Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

Clinton? how many fucking years do you want to go back? Reagan? Another war hero who never fired a weapon in self defense.

:laugh2:

How about that great American patriot, Barack Hussein Obama. Is that recent enough for you?

Change the subject? I signed up during one of the first years of the Voluntary years. Biden? Who cares?

We know. Biden is a Democrat, so liberal hypocrites like you don't care about his service. You only care about whether Republicans served. Biden also has two sons. Why no questions about their service?

yep.

Biden is a Democrat VP, Cheney was a Republican VP.

Biden received five student draft deferments during this period, with the first coming in late 1963 and the last in early 1968, at the peak of the Vietnam War. Biden was not a part of the anti-Vietnam War movement.

I say apple to apples unless you are a partisan hack.

How many years did Clinton serve in the military?

Oh yeah. . . . none . . . . and he was even listed as A-1 for the draft.

Most right wing leaders dodged the draft. Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

Clinton? how many fucking years do you want to go back? Reagan? Another war hero who never fired a weapon in self defense.

How about that great American patriot, Barack Hussein Obama. Is that recent enough for you?

What war do you think Barack Obama could participate in?

His grandfather was a WWII vet.

No Romney..has ever come to the defense of this country. Not Mitt, not George, not Miles.

As you long as you dopes on the extremes keep playing Us vs Them, then We the People lose.

I despise extremism on both ends, because it threatens the stability and longevity of America.

What war do you think Barack Obama could participate in?

His grandfather was a WWII vet.

No Romney..has ever come to the defense of this country. Not Mitt, not George, not Miles.

Apparently you haven't heard about that little skirmish we had in Iraq and the troops are still in Afghanistan. Community organizing apparently took precedence for BHO.

The last time was when I asked for acculturation and assimilation of Hispanics compared to others. .

No, that is not what you asked for. I (all too generously) provided the information to help you with your ignorance of the topic at hand, then you clumsily and transparently tried to change the subject. Despite the fact that you fell back into your usual pattern of dishonesty, I then went out of my way to provide you with links to the 'new' subject you decided you wanted to discuss. At that point you thanked me and immediately clammed up because your position was shown to be indefensible.

You will, of course, lie again and again, but that is what happened. You really should show more gratitude for all the education I have provided you here at no charge.

Unkotare lies when he writes "I've done that for you dozens of times." I asked for information three times. He does not understand that if I ask for information comparing Hispanic assimilation and acculturation with other immigrant groups, and sends me interesting and important links about assimilation and acculturation but they don't have any comparative information, that doesn't count.

I have not looked at links he has sent me since then, because he has proved they will be worthless.

And, no, Unkotare, material in wikipedia is not considered worthwhile professionally.

Last edited:
Unkotare does not understand that if I ask for information comparing Hispanic assimilation and acculturation with other immigrant groups, and sends me interesting and important links about assimilation and acculturation but they don't have any comparative information, that doesn't count.

You did not ask for that, as that was not the topic until you tried to change it later. AGAIN you demonstrate your problem with honesty.

Forum List

Back