Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

Max Cleland's service didn't count to Republicans either.

And he lost both his legs in Vietnam.

Max Cleland went to DC and voted the straight liberal Dem party line. We Republicans in Georgia thanked him for his service and replaced him with a Senator that would vote for the best interests of Georgians. Period!

Max Cleland's service didn't count to Republicans either.

And he lost both his legs in Vietnam.

Cleland blew his own legs off, fool. That's nothing to be admired. Pittied, perhaps, but not admired.

And, no, Unkotare, material in wikipedia is not considered worthwhile professionally.

That's great, since I did NOT give you any wiki links. AGAIN you demonstrate your craven dishonesty.

I pointed out to you that you can't use wikipedia links when we were discussing Hispanic acculturation and assimilation. If they are not somewhere in the Board threads of the last two days, then you edited them out.

I very rarely ever use wikipedia as a reference for anything and certainly did not when educating you about culture and assimilation, so whatever you may have thought you were talking about did not involve me.

Someone certainly did with references to the NY Times and the Washington Post in them.

If it was not you, then I will apologize for mistaking you for someone else.

What war do you think Barack Obama could participate in?

His grandfather was a WWII vet.

No Romney..has ever come to the defense of this country. Not Mitt, not George, not Miles.

Who said you have to fight in a war to server in the military?

I note how this standard of "service" changes depending on who is being discussed. George Bush's service in the NAG doesn't count, but somehow it does count for Joe Biden's son.

The hypocrisy couldn't be thicker.

Actually John Kerry's service in Vietnam did not count to Republicans.

No, what didn't count with Kerry was what he did AFTER Vietnam, and then how he tried to play it off like none of that stuff happened.

Even tried to get his 1972 testimoney, the one where he accused other service members of widespread rape and murder- suppressed. (The Swift-Boat vets just got a voice actor to read his testimony verbatim.)

Kerry's own mendacity brought him down, and rightfully so.

Too bad Romney isn't talking about his ancestral links in Mexico. It might be pretty tough since the colony was polygamous.

So what? Do you have a problem with the sex lives of consenting adults? What in the hell difference does it make to you however many wives another man has? Jealous?

Too bad Romney isn't talking about his ancestral links in Mexico. It might be pretty tough since the colony was polygamous.

So what? Do you have a problem with the sex lives of consenting adults? What in the hell difference does it make to you however many wives another man has? Jealous?

When families flee American law -- because they hate other Americans -- flee to Mexico -- and betray their own Church teachings .. then end uop with 5 generations of men not serving in the US military -- yeah, I have a problem with Mormon assholes like that

Last edited:
The GOP has always been the Chickenhawk party.

We can all understand why...when your sons won't be going into harms way, why not be a hawk?

It's only the children of that 47% that yMitt hates anyway, that will be dying for their nation.

BTW, that is pretty much always the way its been.

Even when the draft was in place, none of my wealthier school mates ever got drafted.

NOt one of them ever served, and most of my chums as a boy were very wealthy.

That's no accident, of course.

Local draft boards were notoriously CLASSIST during the Viet Nam Era.

Last edited:
The GOP has always been the Chickenhawk party.

We can all understand why...when your sons won't be going into harms way, why not be a hawk?

It's only the children of that 47% that yMitt hates anyway, that will be dying for their nation.

BTW, that is pretty much always the way its been.

Even when the draft was in place, none of my wealthier school mates ever got drafted.

NOt one of them ever served, and most of my chums as a boy were very wealthy.

That's no accident, of course.

Local draft boards were notoriously CLASSIST during the Viet Nam Era.

very well said :clap2:

Indeed
but they do go to an exclusive private schools
that Papa Obama stopped future poor black kids going to
by killing the voucher program

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

I thought we had an all volunteer armed forces....

I never served.
One of my brothers did.
My other 2 brothers did not.
So my brother who served is an American or more American then me
and my other 2 brothers....
Is that the new Lib rule around here.

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

I thought we had an all volunteer armed forces....

can't fool you for long, huh?

Forum List

Back