Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

And the trolls of the far right can't provide the evidence they are mainstream.

Have the last words for the evening, guys, I am spending time with my better half.

blah, blah, blah...you are 'mainstream' and everyone else is 'radical'...blah, blah, blah

:rolleyes:

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

Who told you that politicians have the right to force their children into the military?

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

Who told you that politicians have the right to force their children into the military?

Patriotism lost on you?

As James Fallows recently pointed out:

Jimmy Carter is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy who spent ten years in the uniformed service of his country. As far as I can tell, this is ten years more than the cumulative service of all members of the Romney clan.​

How many years did Clinton serve in the military?

Oh yeah. . . . none . . . . and he was even listed as A-1 for the draft.

Patriotism lost on you?

What's lost on me is your belief that Romney is responsible for the choices his children make.

As James Fallows recently pointed out:

Jimmy Carter is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy who spent ten years in the uniformed service of his country. As far as I can tell, this is ten years more than the cumulative service of all members of the Romney clan.​

How many years did Clinton serve in the military?

Oh yeah. . . . none . . . . and he was even listed as A-1 for the draft.

Most right wing leaders dodged the draft. Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

Clinton? how many fucking years do you want to go back? Reagan? Another war hero who never fired a weapon in self defense.

:laugh2:

Patriotism lost on you?

What's lost on me is your belief that Romney is responsible for the choices his children make.

He runs on how he's responsible for how well his brood turned out in business. I guess the cafeteria style patriotism agrees with you.

Being is business is patriotic? Romney thinks so:
When asked why his 5 sons NEVER joined the military, Romney said

THEIR Patriotic DUTY IS TO GET ME ELECTED PRESIDENT

Romney’s Sons Serve BRAVELY getting their father elected –
“The former Massachusetts governor said his sons were showing their support for
the country by ”helping get me elected.”

Forget Serving Your Country - Serve Mitt Romney!!! And Genuflect not Salute God « GrateWire

Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

Provide a link to that exact quote by Cheney.

No one disputes Cheney received five deferments and, when asked why he didn’t serve...

he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Last edited:
Some like Warrior Dick Cheney got 5 draft deferments. The right wing leader even had the balls to state he had better things to do than to his duty and defend America.

Provide a link to that exact quote by Cheney.

No one disputes Cheney received five deferments and, when asked why he didn’t serve...

he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

That's not what you said in your previous post, and that's not a link.

back on topic

At least they aren't out trying to sound like a "real good guy" like Warren Buffett who claims he wants to pay more taxes, yet he owes what about a billion in back taxes he refuses to pay?

Oh, is it a left-wing thing to attack the children and grandchildren of Republican candidates, yeah, it is.

Left wing? I attacked Republicans for supporting Cheney who dodged the draft 5 times while never blinking when sending other people's children to wars he would never have fought.

Romney's family has reaped the cream at the top of American society. Most old time Dems and Repubs of old felt a sense of obligation for their place in society. What the hell is wrong with these 1%ers?

Take, and never give? Romney is always talking about keeping America strong. He wants a strong America? It's time for his ilk to step up and sacrifice. The main reason troops had so many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT enough loud and proud flag wavers volunteered when needed.
:eek:

Senators of both parties were so eager to confirm Mr. Cheney quickly that they were relatively undemanding, not pressing him on the draft but merely asking him if he had anything to say about it.

He said he "never served" because of deferments to finish a college career that lasted six years rather than four, which he attributed to subpar academic performance and the fact that he had to work to pay for his education.

He added that he "would have obviously been happy to serve had I been called."

Away from the hearing room, he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Cheney and #39 - s Five Draft Deferments During the Vietnam Era Emerge as a Campaign Issue - NYTimes.com

Senators of both parties were so eager to confirm Mr. Cheney quickly that they were relatively undemanding, not pressing him on the draft but merely asking him if he had anything to say about it.

He said he "never served" because of deferments to finish a college career that lasted six years rather than four, which he attributed to subpar academic performance and the fact that he had to work to pay for his education.

He added that he "would have obviously been happy to serve had I been called."

Away from the hearing room, he told the Washington Post that he had sought his deferments because "I had other priorities in the 60's than military service."

Cheney and #39 - s Five Draft Deferments During the Vietnam Era Emerge as a Campaign Issue - NYTimes.com

yep.

he is a treasonous traitor

Forum List

Back