Romney: you can't make this stuff up

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Party for BIG donors on yacht flying flag from island where he offshores money.

:lmao:

Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The floating party, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht "Cracker Bay," was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid.

"I think it's ironic they do this aboard a yacht that doesn't even pay its taxes," said a woman who lives aboard a much smaller boat moored at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina.

Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands Flag - ABC News

I know that were I to win the nomination for a party that has a reputation of being too white, the first thing I would do is host a party on a boat called "Cracker Bay". I foresee no negative internet memes that could spring from this event.

Can I ask - again - what exactly is the issue regarding off shore accounts? Many Americans have them - some of those people are Democrats. Why is it suddenly an outrage? Oh wait... yea, cuz it's a GOP candidate. Fucking faux outrage.... it's funny... in a 'how can so many be so stupid' kind of way.

But then that is the ultimate goal of the present GOP. No taxes for those that are very wealthy. Remember, 'Only little people pay taxes'.

I know that were I to win the nomination for a party that has a reputation of being too white, the first thing I would do is host a party on a boat called "Cracker Bay". I foresee no negative internet memes that could spring from this event.
:lol: I totally missed that.

Can I ask - again - what exactly is the issue regarding off shore accounts? Many Americans have them - some of those people are Democrats. Why is it suddenly an outrage? Oh wait... yea, cuz it's a GOP candidate. Fucking faux outrage.... it's funny... in a 'how can so many be so stupid' kind of way.

It's an outrage because they are trying to play on the greed and envy of people who arent rich.

Outrage? I'm just laughing. You seem outraged.

Because a president should be doing everything in is power to make a connection with the voters. Or if he can't do that, create the illusion. Why would you fuck'n do that NOW?

They are trying to lose... I swear... TRYING

There’s only one reason why millionaires register their mega-yachts in the Cayman Islands — and it’s the very same reason why Mitt Romney has offshore accounts registered there. Taxes — or, more accurately, the lack thereof. It makes a perfect kind of sense. Millionaires want to help Romney get elected because not only will that prevent Obama from raising their taxes, but it could well result in their current tax burden falling even further. So there’s a beautiful honesty in gathering together on a yacht that pays no U.S. taxes — see, America, this is what we’re all about.
Mitt’s Cayman party boat - Salon.com

:D

Only the little people pay taxes

The rich register their yachts in the Cayman Islands

The issue for Romney is that he is trying to convince Americans that further tax cuts on the wealthy are warranted.

Hard to do when you flaunt your tax free status

Gary Morse isn't running for any office and he owns the yacht and is hosting the party.

Gary Morse isn't running for any office and he owns the yacht and is hosting the party.

Since I am capable of both reading and comprehension (go me!), I am fully aware that Mitt Romney does not own the yacht in question and thus did not claim that the boat was his.

What's even funnier about this is that Brian "Bigfoot" Ross immediately reported that the yacht was flying the flag of the Cayman Islands and it was the flag of Jamaica.

Forum List

Back