Romney: you can't make this stuff up

Tampa Businesses Don't See Boost From Republican National Convention

I find it funny that small business are depending on billionaires to spend money while they are in town. Billionaires don't spend money. They horde it.

Why in the world would a group of people who spend their lives isolating themselves from society with their money ever go to a public restaurant?

They have dinners and parties catered where the press cannot see them - like maybe on a yacht.

If Mittens is elected, this will become the norm.

Party for BIG donors on yacht flying flag from island where he offshores money.

:lmao:

Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The floating party, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht "Cracker Bay," was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid.

"I think it's ironic they do this aboard a yacht that doesn't even pay its taxes," said a woman who lives aboard a much smaller boat moored at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina.

Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands Flag - ABC News

Was anyone from HOLLYWOOD there?---:badgrin::badgrin:

George Clooney headlined a fundraiser Monday that took in more than a half-million dollars for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, the second dinner this year where the actor has turned his A-list magnetism into political gold.

Clooney raised almost $15 million for Obama’s campaign at Clooney’s Los Angeles home in May. This time he turned to Geneva, the European hub of the United Nations and a global center for international organizations, governance and business, to pull in a more modest amount for the president’s re-election effort.

Organizers said they had taken in at least $625,000 from U.S. donors for Obama’s campaign, including many who were flying in to Geneva for the one-night event from around the world.
Clooney aids Obama campaign with Geneva fundraiser - News - Boston.com

celeberty-1-e1337283104744.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

I find it funny that small business are depending on billionaires to spend money while they are in town. Billionaires don't spend money. They horde it.

Why in the world would a group of people who spend their lives isolating themselves from society with their money ever go to a public restaurant?

They have dinners and parties catered where the press cannot see them - like maybe on a yacht.

I wonder how the hookers are doing.

I know that were I to win the nomination for a party that has a reputation of being too white, the first thing I would do is host a party on a boat called "Cracker Bay". I foresee no negative internet memes that could spring from this event.

Me thinks you are way too wrapped up in racial connotations.
Learn to live life without worrying about how someone can spin what you say or do as racial.
You will be much less bitter and much more honest.

I was expecting to come in here and see our regular righties say how mittens is out of touch with america because he is on a yacht while america suffers. You know like they do with obama everday.

I didn't see that happen...I love double standards.

So you dont see the difference between the POTUS being the one who seems to be out of touch by his actions....and a candidate being considered out of touch becuase of the actions of some of his donors?

Well...not much we can do about your stupidity.

Sorry.,...wish I could help.

I know that were I to win the nomination for a party that has a reputation of being too white, the first thing I would do is host a party on a boat called "Cracker Bay". I foresee no negative internet memes that could spring from this event.

Me thinks you are way too wrapped up in racial connotations.
Learn to live life without worrying about how someone can spin what you say or do as racial.
You will be much less bitter and much more honest.

Is that what the Rs who threw peanuts at the black journalist said? Or the pots who called the black congressman the "n" word?

Racism is alive and well in the US as in every other part of the world. And, it occurs in every color, religion and creed.

Far better (imo) that we face that fact and fight against it openly rather than sweeping it under the rug or pretending that it concerns only one segment of the population.

Romney campaign theme song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU]I'm On A Boat (ft. T-Pain) - Album Version - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder how the hookers are doing.

And the strippers.

At least in Tampa, its unlikely that they'll go skinny dipping in a sacred holy place.

I suspect the girls (boys?) will be brought to them. I mean, the whole point of all that money is so that you don't have to be bothered with The Great Unwashed.

I was expecting to come in here and see our regular righties say how mittens is out of touch with america because he is on a yacht while america suffers. You know like they do with obama everday.

So you dont see the difference between the POTUS being the one who seems to be out of touch by his actions....and a candidate being considered out of touch becuase of the actions of some of his donors?

Well...not much we can do about your stupidity.

Sorry.,...wish I could help.

Dang. I missed where the President Obama says he wants to take Medicare away, charge veterans for having the bad luck to have been wounded, take Medicaid away from sick children, raise taxes on the poor and on and on and on and on.

The President is currently trying to create a fairer tax system. Governor Romney is presently trying to create a tax system that would shift the primary tax burden to the middle class and working poor. And create an even greater gap in wealth.

You want more of what someone else earned, shocker.....:thup:

Tsk tsk, did you learn nothing from the conservative apoplectic rage over Obama holding expensive fundraisers abroad while simultaneously ignoring that Romney was holding more expensive fundraisers abroad?

It's simple. Arugula and golf = out of touch elitist scum, car elevators and yachts = man of the people.
Come on man, the car elevator quip is completely unfair. The Romney's only have a car elevator in one of their homes. The myriad other homes they own don't have a single car elevator amongst them!

Just like the little people.

Offshoring money is bad, writing off $50 per pair of used underwear (Clinton), not paying taxes on offshore properties (Rangle), not paying taxes on gifts from political donors (Daschle) and stuffing cash in your freezer (William Jefferson) are OK. Got it.

Do you have these rules written down anywhere so I can refer to them?

Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The floating party, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht "Cracker Bay," was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid.

"I think it's ironic they do this aboard a yacht that doesn't even pay its taxes," said a woman who lives aboard a much smaller boat moored at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina.

Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands Flag - ABC News

A rising conservative tide lifts all yachts.

Offshoring money is bad, writing off $50 per pair of used underwear (Clinton), not paying taxes on offshore properties (Rangle), not paying taxes on gifts from political donors (Daschle) and stuffing cash in your freezer (William Jefferson) are OK. Got it.

Do you have these rules written down anywhere so I can refer to them?
Not sure why you're obsessing over Clinton's used underoos?

What's even funnier about this is that Brian "Bigfoot" Ross immediately reported that the yacht was flying the flag of the Cayman Islands and it was the flag of Jamaica.

The yacht is registered under the flag of the Cayman Islands. Ross was correct. You are dead wrong.

CRACKER BAY - Vessel's Details and Current Position - 1007249 - 319715000

Vessel's Details
Ship Type: Yacht
Year Built: 2002
Length x Breadth: 45 m X 9 m
Gross Tonnage: 491, DeadWeight: 66 t
Speed recorded (Max / Average): 10.5 / 9.9 knots
Flag: Cayman Is [KY]
Call Sign: ZCGU-9
IMO: 1007249, MMSI: 319715000
Last Position Received
Area: Mexico Gulf
Latitude / Longitude: 27.7725˚ / -82.629˚ (Map)
Currently in Port: TAMPA
Last Known Port: TAMPA
Info Received: 0d 0h 6min ago

Daily Vessel's Itineraries - AIS Marine Traffic

CRACKER BAY - IMO 1007249 - Callsign ZCGU9 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker
CRACKER BAY (pleasure craft): ship particulars and AIS position - IMO 1007249, MMSI 319715000 - FleetMon.com
Shiptracking.eu - Real time ship traffic

If you google its call sign and IMO you'll come up with a ton of links proving that it's flagged in Cayman Islands.

Forum List

Back