Romney to Reid: Put up or Shut Up

Show your papers Willard!

Show your sources Harry.

SFTU Black Fabel

What is Romney afraid of? He should release the records.

I think this is more serious for Mittens than the CONservatives are letting on.

I can tell by Rush Limbaugh's panicked reaction to this LOL!

Despicable Dingy Harry Reid Executes Obama/Axelrod Smear on Mitt Romney - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Whatever is in there must be worse than all the speculation. It's all so deliciously political...

Show your sources Harry.

SFTU Black Fabel

Despicable Dingy Harry Reid Executes Obama/Axelrod Smear on Mitt Romney - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Whatever is in there must be worse than all the speculation. It's all so deliciously political...

This is one of the most amusing things I have seen in 50 years of politics. Mitt must really be out it and thinks he really is above all "those people".

As far as I am concerned this is the gaffe of the century. Every day in every way it just keeps getting worse, for Romney. Even if there is nothing there (AND I DOUBT THAT) the damage is largely done and will be remembered by "those people".

Show your sources Harry.

SFTU Black Fabel

No. What Harry Reid did was not "deliciously political", it was a corrupt use of power by an agent of the government against someone who is still a private American citizen. It is disgraceful and anyone with any semblance of decency recognizes that.

No. What Harry Reid did was not "deliciously political", it was a corrupt use of power by an agent of the government against someone who is still a private American citizen. It is disgraceful and anyone with any semblance of decency recognizes that.

I love hyperbole in the morning. It goes great with coffee.

Romney could put it all to rest by letting us see his tax returns. What's he hiding?

left wing and decency don't go together.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Romney could put it all to rest by letting us see his tax returns. What's he hiding?

Chick Fil A goes even better. Romney doesn't owe ewe anything. He's smart enough to know he's being baited.. deal with it asswipe.

Chick Fil A goes even better. Romney doesn't owe ewe anything. He's smart enough to know he's being baited.. deal with it asswipe.

Yeah...all those Republicans calling for him to release his taxes are just "baiting" him. LOL

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/politi...calling-romney-release-his-tax-returns/54702/

Last edited:
Interesting that after all these years in public life and different offices
this non issue is being pursed by the left

The law is pretty clear - reread it
no disclosure of any information

So lets set the record straight-
you firmly believe that disclosure of tax payer
information on the Senate floor by a Senator is perfectly legal?

So Reid could disclose your tax information tomorrow
on the Senate floor and that would be legal

I have read the relevant portions of the law (including those you declined to provide) multiple times and made several points related to my reading. It seems to me that the way for us to move forward is for you to address the points I have made and which are currently uncontested rather than for me to read through the law again.

Let us set the record straight: the key here is the origin of the Senator's information. If he disclosed information that appears on my tax return (such as my name or my income level) but that he obtained from another, non-tax source (such as a public document or, say, talking to me) then his act would not be a violation of the law you cited. That is not to say that such an act would necessarily be advisable, ethical, non-actionable, or even possible-- but it would not be a violation of the law you cited.

And as I noted in this thread, a Senator speaking on the Senate floor could escape prosecution even for reading directly from a confidential IRS document due to his constitutional immunities.

I have read the relevant portions of the law (including those you declined to provide) multiple times and made several points related to my reading. It seems to me that the way for us to move forward is for you to address the points I have made and which are currently uncontested rather than for me to read through the law again.

Let us set the record straight: the key here is the origin of the Senator's information. If he disclosed information that appears on my tax return (such as my name or my income level) but that he obtained from another, non-tax source (such as a public document or, say, talking to me) then his act would not be a violation of the law you cited. That is not to say that such an act would necessarily be advisable, ethical, non-actionable, or even possible-- but it would not be a violation of the law you cited.

And as I noted in this thread, a Senator speaking on the Senate floor could escape prosecution even for reading directly from a confidential IRS document due to his constitutional immunities.

then why doesn't the slimey mother fucker realease Romneys taxes?

Reid has never released his taxes maybe he's speaking from experience. He's never paid his taxes.

I think Reid is probably correct. The ultra rich can easily avoid paying taxes so it isn't a stretch to believe that Mitten went ten years without paying them.

How to Pay No Taxes: 10 Strategies Used by the Rich - Businessweek

oh ... they do pay some Taxes, pittance just to keep IRS at bey from an Audit and that is what Romney was bragging about to the investors - by paying so little he was paying none at all - Haaaa He Ha ...

is it after Tampa or before Romney suddenly has a special calling from God for Mormon Church work in Africa ???

Better yet.. why doesn't Harry Reid release his own taxes? As Senate majority leader, he sets policy for the rest of the nation. Let us see how the policies he proposes effects him.

Assuming "slimey mother fucker [sic]" refers to Reid, I'm not even sure whether he has access to Romney's tax returns. If he does and he did release them he would probably be prosecuted (if caught). I believe there are laws against improperly obtaining tax returns, so his Senatorial immunity for speech would not necessarily protect him. And Reid might well be morally opposed to such an act anyway.

Assuming "slimey mother fucker [sic]" refers to Reid, I'm not even sure whether he has access to Romney's tax returns. If he does and he did release them he would probably be prosecuted (if caught). I believe there are laws against improperly obtaining tax returns, so his Senatorial immunity for speech would not necessarily protect him. And Reid might well be morally opposed to such an act anyway.

And as I noted in this thread, a Senator speaking on the Senate floor could escape prosecution even for reading directly from a confidential IRS document due to his constitutional immunities. these were your words.

you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth as well as your ass.

Last edited:

And as I noted in this thread, a Senator speaking on the Senate floor could escape prosecution even for reading directly from a confidential IRS document due to his constitutional immunities. these were your words.

you seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth as well as your ass.

Those are indeed my words, and I stand by them. Could you clarify what about them you find contradictory (which I assume is the point of your colorful idiom)? For reference, here is my understanding of the relevant laws:

1) Disclosing information from a tax form (with some exceptions): illegal

2) Saying almost anything as a Senator speaking from the Senate floor: constitutionally immune from prosecution and lawsuits

3) Improperly obtaining tax forms: almost certainly illegal

constitutional immunities as in reference to their actual work.
Also, you seem to be confusing lack of prosecution while in office
with no legal constraint on them.

Now if Reid did break the law in the Senate, it will be like Bill Clinton
he will have to leave office to be prosecuted. Matters that can not be
prosecuted while in office are not subject to statute of limitations.

So lets set the record straight- again

Since you now claim that they can violate the law
where is the law that says they can never be prosecuted for it
even after leaving office.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back