Romney to Reid: Put up or Shut Up

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
YAY! Go for that old bastards throat Governor. Now that senile old prick is saying "the words out that Romney didn't pay his taxes". Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. He starts the rumour and then says the words out.

From an interview with Hannity:

But Romney forcefully denied Reid's allegations on Hannity's radio show Thursday.

"Harry’s going to have to describe who it is he spoke with, because, of course, that is totally and completely wrong," Romney said. "It’s untrue, dishonest and inaccurate. It’s wrong.

But here's the part I really love:eusa_angel:

"So, I’m looking forward to have Harry reveal his sources, and we will probably find out it’s the White House."

Read more: Romney to Reid: 'Put up or shut up' on source of 'untrue' tax claims | Fox News

YAY! Go for that old bastards throat Governor. Now that senile old prick is saying "the words out that Romney didn't pay his taxes". Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. He starts the rumour and then says the words out.

But Romney forcefully denied Reid's allegations on Hannity's radio show Thursday.

"Harry’s going to have to describe who it is he spoke with, because, of course, that is totally and completely wrong," Romney said. "It’s untrue, dishonest and inaccurate. It’s wrong.

"So, I’m looking forward to have Harry reveal his sources, and we will probably find out it’s the White House."

Read more: Romney to Reid: 'Put up or shut up' on source of 'untrue' tax claims | Fox News

Stupid move by the Governor. He's giving the story legs. I don't think he is being counseled very well.

How sad is it that Harry Reid used the Senate Floor to spread gossip for the Obama campaign. I was under the impression that it was a Senate ethics violation to campaign from inside the Senate.
I intend on calling Harry Reid's office tomorrow and letting them know my opinion of the filthy way that our public facilities are being used. I also plan to call my own senators and demand that they formally protest Harry Reid using the Senate floor in a campaign speech for Obama. I hope that thousands of others also call and voice their opinion of the slander of a citizen coming from a seat of government power.

Yea, give this story legs! Reid needs to back up the accusation or wither and die. Romney has more background on the table than Ried, Popsi, or BHO put together.

Yea, give this story legs! Reid needs to back up the accusation or wither and die. Romney has more background on the table than Ried, Popsi, or BHO put together.

No he doesn't.

(Love the avie by the way...Social Distortion rocks!)

I have to agree with candycorn: I think it is very odd that Romney is challenging Reid to produce evidence. Romney could have simply (and fairly) criticized Reid for repeating unsupported hearsay. Instead he gives Reid the opportunity to simply retort with something like:

"I can't say who the person was because I would be betraying a confidence. You, on the other hand, can prove or disprove the allegations simply by releasing your own returns in accordance with tradition. You have called me a liar (since I said my source was a Bain investor and you say it was probably the White House) and you have the documents to prove your allegations. Let the American people judge which of us is the liar."

Last edited:
Romney to Reid: Put up or Shut Up

Now isn't that about the silliest thing one politician could say to another?

How sad is it that Harry Reid used the Senate Floor to spread gossip for the Obama campaign. I was under the impression that it was a Senate ethics violation to campaign from inside the Senate.
I intend on calling Harry Reid's office tomorrow and letting them know my opinion of the filthy way that our public facilities are being used. I also plan to call my own senators and demand that they formally protest Harry Reid using the Senate floor in a campaign speech for Obama. I hope that thousands of others also call and voice their opinion of the slander of a citizen coming from a seat of government power.

Reid's statements aren't slanderous and I seriously doubt that they violate any rule of Senatorial ethics. I suspect you are not familiar with the type of discourse which has more or less routinely passed through the Senate floor.

As an aside, even if Reid's remarks from the Senate floor would normally be slanderous he could not be successfully sued. Congress has passed laws that renders its members largely immune from slander and libel suits stemming from remarks they make as part of their official duties (see, eg, Court says Murtha can't be sued - John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com). That's part of the reason that Joe McCarthy was able to make so many false and defaming accusations without facing legal consequences.

We all know Reid is not going to tell us who his so called source is which begs the question what is Reid hiding? My guess is that there is no source and Reid is lying through his teeth.

Can you imagine leaders of a political party, POTUS and Senate Majority Leader behind outright lying scumbags?

Stupid move by the Governor. He's giving the story legs. I don't think he is being counseled very well.

He had to fire back. The Senator brought up his unsubstantiated allegations aka lie on the Senate floor.

Forum List

Back