Romney Threw The Tea Party/Ryan Under The Bus

I never said they don't do it. But I sure as Hell don't condone it. You, on the other hand, seem to be advocating it whole heartedly. All while condemning Obama for it, no less.

No, i just accept it and try to sift through it as best i can. I knew Obama was lying and misrepresenting himself in some ways in 2008 and know he's doing it now. I know Romney is lying and misrepresenting himself in some ways right now. They do it because it works. If the voters didn't fall for it then they wouldn't do it. So, it's up to me, as a voter, to try to sift through it as best i can.

For me though, it's easy. I'm not anti-government at all but i'm definitely pro-smaller government when it comes to fiscal issues. For me, between the two guys, it's an easy choice, if i were in a battleground state anyway. Because i live in Illinois, i might stay home and play some videogames or something.

Yeah, I'm about as Tea-Praty minded as you can get - and all I got out of this debate is that Romney gets it, and Obama can't carry his own water...

As I said in another thread...

Romney is trying to move to the center (finally) after five years of pandering to the most extreme elements of the GOP. He's trying to be Massachusetts Mitt.

The media won't let him get away with it... not for long. Look for a lot of clips contrasting what he said last night with what he said in the past.

At least Barack Obama promised things his supporters supported.

So, Romney needs to propose the abolition of Medicare and Social Security to get the votes of the far right? I doubt that.

Well, the cessation of some entitlements--perhaps not those. What did Romney say he was going to cut besides PBS?

That is $445 million dollars. Not exactly going to balance the books.

Corporation for Public Broadcasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What spending is he going to cut?

The aren't trying to cut medicare. They are trying to reform it.

Right, by giving a big wet sloppy kiss to big insurance and making old folks have to contend with insurance companies.

Having gone through a fight with an insurance company (finally got approval on the procedure, but after I got it, I mysteriously was downsized) I can't imagine a worse idea.

Yes, Romney again said everything he needs to win, even if it was different from what he has been saying for months. The Dems will go after him on those.

Obama was totally out of the room. His best moment was when Romney promised to kill Big Bird. Obama let moments go by. Why didn't he comment on the "let them take the ambulance to the hospital." or "I don't care about the 47% who think they are entitled."

That's the first. Mitt should get a bump out of this, but u never know. The convention did nothing for him.

Obama did it in 2008....some of you libs on here even said you can't believe what they promise in campaigns. They say it everytime we point out ANOTHER promise he didn't keep!
Obama's doing it in this campaign. If you believe everything he said then YOU'RE the nut case!

Obama did it in 2008....some of you libs on here even said you can't believe what they promise in campaigns. They say it everytime we point out ANOTHER promise he didn't keep!
Obama's doing it in this campaign. If you believe everything he said then YOU'RE the nut case!

I don't believe anything any politician says.

I look at the man.

And frankly, what I see in Romney is a rich douchebag with a bizarre religion who doesn't give a flip about me and wouldn't do anything that would benefit me if he got into office.

On the other hand, Obama's already done things that helped me out personally. His GM Bailout probably saved my job back in 2009.

The aren't trying to cut medicare. They are trying to reform it.

Right, by giving a big wet sloppy kiss to big insurance and making old folks have to contend with insurance companies.

Having gone through a fight with an insurance company (finally got approval on the procedure, but after I got it, I mysteriously was downsized) I can't imagine a worse idea.
As though dealing with gubmint bureaucrats is any bargain.

Romney simply became someone else in a very realistic Romney costume, for the debate.

Remember when all the conservatives argued against nominating a 'Massachusetts moderate' for the GOP candidate?

I'm actually surprised you don't hear more anger from the right over what Romney said last night. He promised not to lower taxes on the rich, keep parts of Obamacare, and not to repeal regulation, even praising it as necessary. For bonus points he promised compromise.

He tossed Conservative dogma under the bus last night. That's what a lot of us have been saying he needs to do for a while.

I'm actually surprised you don't hear more anger from the right over what Romney said last night. He promised not to lower taxes on the rich, keep parts of Obamacare, and not to repeal regulation, even praising it as necessary. For bonus points he promised compromise.

He tossed Conservative dogma under the bus last night. That's what a lot of us have been saying he needs to do for a while.

Exactly! I don't get it. He ran to the center and basically threw the last 6 months of campaigning out the window and conservatives love it! It's very strange. Compromise? I thought that was a dirty word.

At least Barack Obama promised things his supporters supported.

So, Romney needs to propose the abolition of Medicare and Social Security to get the votes of the far right? I doubt that.

Well, the cessation of some entitlements--perhaps not those. What did Romney say he was going to cut besides PBS?

That is $445 million dollars. Not exactly going to balance the books.

Corporation for Public Broadcasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What spending is he going to cut?

A hundred million here and a hundred million there, and pretty soon you are talking about real money. Our federal budget contains thousands of these give a ways, and the vast majority of them need to be eliminated.

Forum List

Back