Romney Solution: Just Borrow Money from Parents

Right...it's all the "government's fault" that wages for us 99%ers have remained stagnant for the last few decades. Can't have anything do with the fact that the middle class share of the country's wealth is all but gone. So much easier to blame the "gubmit".

Are you still earning the same wage you did 20 years ago? Really?
Your facts are wrong, and your interpretations are stupid.

Found your 15 minutes of fame yet? :lol:

Are you still earning the same wage as you were 20 years ago?
OK, maybe 40 years ago in your case.

Found your 15 minutes of fame yet? :lol:

I remember you.

As to your question. No, I make considerably more in either case.

Right. Like everyone else. So the statement that wages have been stagnating is simply untrue, in the sense that individuals aren't earning any more.
It is true only in the statistical sense that a certain decile has remained the same. But that is pretty much normal.
So this class warfare bullshit the Left keeps slinging is, just that. Bullshit.

I remember you.

Right. Like everyone else. So the statement that wages have been stagnating is simply untrue, in the sense that individuals aren't earning any more.
It is true only in the statistical sense that a certain decile has remained the same. But that is pretty much normal.

Well, it hasn't all been COLAs. I have 3 degrees I didn't have 40 years ago and 2 degrees, and a board certification I didn't have 20 years ago. So, I've made the effort.

I remember you.

Well, it hasn't all been COLAs. I have 3 degrees I didn't have 40 years ago and 2 degrees, and a board certification I didn't have 20 years ago. So, I've made the effort.

Yes, and that's normal. People develop greater skill levels and earn more money. Exactly. So the notion that everyone is toiling for the same wages they had a decade ago is absurd.

Saying the economy is recovering, Romney encourages young Americans to take economic risks - The Washington Post

“We’ve always encouraged young people — take a shot, go for it, take a risk and get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business.”

Sage advice Romney. But tell us, who do 99% of our parents borrow the money from, since they don't have any either?

Oh, and thanks for admitting the economy is recovering. I thought your campaign platform was contingent on the economy not recovering. We can always count on you for a flip-flop.

Liberal universities and their big government cohorts have increased the cost to educate our kids...thanks libs

Who Will Pay for The College Bubble

You are not against college education if you don’t want to subsidize unsustainable college loans and grants. It is frustrating to see taxpayers on the hook for other peoples’ college loans that result from the high cost of college due in large part to wasteful spending and the government easy money program which encourages the spending.

Enrollment growth accounts for some of the increased spending but government loans account for most of it.

Colleges rely on loan programs to finance their ever-increasing costs and the government is only too ready to make them available.

Students and parents are being robbed as colleges continue on with their reckless spending, often for things that have nothing to do with education and more to do with building appeal. Rising tuitions surpass inflation rates.

Student loan debt now surpasses $1 trillion. Student loan delinquency exceeds mortgage delinquency and the total debt balance for college loans exceeds credit card and mortgage loan balances as of 2011 according to the Federal Reserve’s report.

Do you doubt that there is another bubble coming?

President Obama has encouraged student defaults by recently setting up a program that requires taxpayers to pay off all remaining student loans for those students who do not have them paid within 20 years. It is an invitation to deadbeats.

With 1 in 2 graduates not getting jobs or jobs appropriate to their level of education on top of an already high default rate on student loans

Who Will Pay for The College Bubble | Independent Sentinel

Saying the economy is recovering, Romney encourages young Americans to take economic risks - The Washington Post

“We’ve always encouraged young people — take a shot, go for it, take a risk and get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business.”

Sage advice Romney. But tell us, who do 99% of our parents borrow the money from, since they don't have any either?

Oh, and thanks for admitting the economy is recovering. I thought your campaign platform was contingent on the economy not recovering. We can always count on you for a flip-flop.

Uhm, point?

Again, Willard's comments just show how out of touch he is with the reality of most Americans...

according to a new poll by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. The poll states that a whopping 64 percent of Americans don’t have $1,000 in reserves if they need it for an unexpected bill.

Poll finds most Americans have little savings

That is true. This system doesn't reward saving and people like my parents who lived through the Great Depression and tried to always have something for a rainy day are all about gone now. The boomers were a 'live for the moment' generation, most themselves going to school on government money, having their parents cared for by the states, and never had any real responsibility beyond the current meal they were eating. So no surprises there.

Most of my friends think I'm a fool becaue I paid for my own and my children's education myself. But that is one thing about my life of which I am most proud. And I still managed to plan for retirement. Even if SS collapses, I will be able to live. Time won't fly and I won't have fun, but I won't starve. When I got sick and the doctors thought I would not rally, my children were rearranging their lives to take me in and care for me even though they could have dumped me off in some nursing home. What goes around comes around.

Right...it's all the "government's fault" that wages for us 99%ers have remained stagnant for the last few decades. Can't have anything do with the fact that the middle class share of the country's wealth is all but gone. So much easier to blame the "gubmit".

What is the left's obsession with the number 99%? Everything is "99%" this.. "99%" that...

:lol:

Again, Willard's comments just show how out of touch he is with the reality of most Americans...

according to a new poll by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. The poll states that a whopping 64 percent of Americans don’t have $1,000 in reserves if they need it for an unexpected bill.

Poll finds most Americans have little savings

With the number of people who have been unemployed for record stretches of time, who have used up their unemployment benefits and then had to burn their savings...you're surprised by that poll? Sorry, Wytch...but every week that Barry sat twiddling his thumbs in the Oval Office, Americans were taking it in the shorts. His stimulus plan protected government workers and left the private sector twisting in the wind. Now we don't have the revenues coming in to keep the public sector employees hired. What's his solution? The Buffett Plan...something that will pay for about one day of our government's spending IF IT EVER WERE PASSED...WHICH IT WON'T BE!!! This guy doesn't have the first clue about how to solve any of our problems with the economy. What's worse...he doesn't have enough common sense to get some people in there that DO understand economics to help him. Epic failure of leadership...EPIC!!!

Republicans don't like the idea of helping low income kids work their way up. It upsets the status quo apple cart. They prefer a dumbed down people that they can more easily control.

They sure do. Who else are they going to get to work the mundane, repetitive jobs and get paid minimum wage? Besides, college is for communists..... unless the college is Ivy League of course.

Better than the Dums who'd rather have people on welfare than working.

If the Repugs stopped beefing up the defense budget all the while cutting the education budget, maybe the welfare budget wouldn't be the size it is now?

They sure do. Who else are they going to get to work the mundane, repetitive jobs and get paid minimum wage? Besides, college is for communists..... unless the college is Ivy League of course.

Better than the Dums who'd rather have people on welfare than working.

If the Repugs stopped beefing up the defense budget all the while cutting the education budget, maybe the welfare budget wouldn't be the size it is now?

You're right.
It would be ten times what it is now.
Moran.

You're right.
Moran.

Moran? You mean moron, moron?

Looks like your education budget got cut long ago.

You're totally clueless. Get a brain.
morans.jpg

You're right.
Moran.

Moran? You mean moron, moron?

Looks like your education budget got cut long ago.

You're totally clueless. Get a brain.
morans.jpg

LOL

What a dipshit.

Moran
The preferred method of spelling "moron" by morons, particularly that of a Missouri redneck at a rally supporting the US led war in Iraq.
Get a brain, moran! GO USA!

Urban Dictionary: moran

Forum List

Back