ROMNEY/RYAN....it's the ECONOMY stupid...

The Democratic focus will now shift to attacking Ryan personally (look at his hair!! His brother is a drunk!! He bullied a fag once!!) and his budget proposal.

The personal attacks will wither and fade quickly and then Obama and his filthy minions will have to discuss the one thing they hate discussing- Obama's dismal record of failure on the economy. Good choice!! :thup:

you cant even say the name of my party without insulting it you dishonest clown

It's your party and you can cry if you want to...

The Democrat focus will now shift to attacking Ryan personally (look at his hair!! His brother is a drunk!! He bullied a fag once!!) and his budget proposal.

The personal attacks will wither and fade quickly and then Obama and his filthy minions will have to discuss the one thing they hate discussing- Obama's dismal record of failure on the economy. Good choice!! :thup:

did Congressman Ryan mistreat the family cat doyathink?

I think the sensors have seen enough to know this administration's low down fear mongering..remember back when he said he wouldn't be able to send out Social Security checks if he didn't get his way?
and you are right, the senors will be ones that can be counted on to vote against Obama

Sorry but seniors hate Paul Ryan. They told him that in townhall after townhall after he tried to get rid of Medicare. They actually had Ryan reduced to tears.

well funny how you seem to be the only one who saw these town halls..I remember they told the AARP and Democrats to go take a hike when they were trying to shove ObamaCare down the peoples throats...

Last edited:
Romney's choice of VP reaffirms that his FOCUS is directly on the failing economy....

If anybody can help explain budget plans it is Ryan....

What budget plan is being talked about by Obama/Biden.....? :lol:

Yes, it's the economy. So why would I vote for someone who wants to give more tax cuts and increase our debt while at the same time ending Medicare so that as we retire most of us won't be able to afford healthcare? Romney has just doubled down on stupid. I'm predicting that this move is so bad that either Ryan will step aside for personal reasons before election day, or not only with Romney/Ryan lose in a landslide, but the House will go back to the Dems on Obama's coattails. Republicans really should be worried now, yet they are dancing in the streets. It's hilarious. By the way, Intrade has moved three cents already in favor of Obama being re-elected. It will be interesting to see where he is at the end of the day.

I think the sensors have seen enough to know this administration's low down fear mongering..remember back when he said he wouldn't be able to send out Social Security checks if he didn't get his way?
and you are right, the senors will be ones that can be counted on to vote against Obama

Sorry but seniors hate Paul Ryan. They told him that in townhall after townhall after he tried to get rid of Medicare. They actually had Ryan reduced to tears.

well funny how you seem to be the only one who saw these town halls..I remember they told the AARP and Democrats to go take a hike when they were trying to shove ObamaCare down the peoples throats...

Stephanie, you have a convenient memory.

The Democratic focus will now shift to attacking Ryan personally (look at his hair!! His brother is a drunk!! He bullied a fag once!!) and his budget proposal.

you cant even say the name of my party without insulting it you dishonest clown

It's your party and you can cry if you want to...

:lol:

so do you evidently

Romney's choice of VP reaffirms that his FOCUS is directly on the failing economy....

Exactly. It's a bold pick, which puts the focus on the budget. And of course, Obama's administration hasn't even bothered to give us one, so... he's standing there with empty pockets and nothing to say on that score.

But here's the BEST part. Obama wanted to make this election about class warfare and Bain Capital in order to deflect from his own failures. He can't do that now. The national subject just got changed and Obama no longer controls it. He has NO plan for reforming our broken entitlements. And math doesn't lie. They ARE broken. Obama's got no budget and no plan. Romney/Ryan have both.

The difference between democrats and republicans is that democrats would pay the homeless guy for being homeless, give him a place to live and enough money to feed whatever addiction he has and the republicans would offer a job.

The correct slogan for the obama campaign is "Do you really want to go to work?" And he's betting that most people won't.

As an addiction counselor and a person who works to get addicted pregnant women off the streets, your talking hot air and don't have a clue what the hell your talking about.. I can see that you don't have a clue what it takes,, but would rather give the zillionairess some more tax havens.. Unbelievable.

is addiction to drugs much different from addiction to government handouts.....?

the Left pushes drugs, sex, and depravity.....while it attacks individual responsibility, family values, morals, and religion...

get a clue...

Don't think so, they have plenty of time to watch the news and can see exactly what has been going on, unless if all they watch is Fox news all day of coarse. Most are still at the age where they are very informed, that is why Pennsylvania has made the law to try and get the oldest who do not drive to show a drivers ID or another form which many many old ones don't have/

senors are not as shallow as you, but I guess you think insulting them is the way to go
typical shallow liberal

Who is insulting them, no one. I was insulting Fox news or even MSNBC if you only watch one as your news source. Most seniors don't and are smarter than you think.

The Governor will try to patch up the damage. But it's too late. One really has to wonder what he was thinking. Unlike all of the other f-ups as of late, this wasn't pathetic staff work; this was his doing.

it's not too late.....when seniors realize Obama stole half a TRILLION from their Medicare budget.....watch out....

The election was over when Huntsman dropped out. He was the only one with a real chance to win the middle and thus the election. Now it's just a matter of trying to keep Obama from getting 353 again. Romney is circling the drain.

You don't realize how unacceptable Huntsman was. He had the support of democrats but never got the support of republicans.

why in the world would he pick ryan when there was such an uproar about him privatizing medicare with a voucher system?

sometimes I wonder if the republicans are purposely trying to lose? Are they afraid of the economic mess and don't want to get the same beating that they have given obama for it?

talk about being out of touch with Americans!

He DID turn it around, we are at 8.3% unemployment instead of 20% and in economic recovery from a recession instead of a depression. Sound like a winner to me.
:clap2::eusa_clap:

Paul Ryan is a non-issue. Romney is still the target because he is applying for the job as president and he don't come close to qualifying.

So why doesn't Obama run on his achievements instead of running negative.

He does run on his achievements, he also has to combat Romney's negative onslaught. All I see are negative Romney ads.

:eusa_drool:Must be you use the bathroom everytime an Ubama ad comes on. Kind of sounds like your both full of ****.

why in the world would he pick ryan when there was such an uproar about him privatizing medicare with a voucher system?

sometimes I wonder if the republicans are purposely trying to lose? Are they afraid of the economic mess and don't want to get the same beating that they have given obama for it?

You lost the house.

Now you are going to lose the senate.

And the GOP is out of touch with Americans ?

It is time to see just what this country is made of.

I could care less if Francblo howls all day about Ryan. Ryan knows he isn't getting Francblo's vote. But if Francblo has a neighbor who is three times smarter than Francblo.....well, Ryan has a chance there.

Go Fluke yourself.

Because the REALITY is Obamacare will result in BANKRUPTCY....Medicare will go BROKE, Medicaid will go BROKE, and all you will have left in reality is halfassed Obamacare that will bankrupt us and result in RATIONING.....

Ryan's plan means you can still keep your traditional Medicare or use the voucher to buy what you prefer...

hopefully there is still time to explain this to the stupids out there....

Yes, it's the economy. So why would I vote for someone who wants to give more tax cuts and increase our debt while at the same time ending Medicare so that as we retire most of us won't be able to afford healthcare? Romney has just doubled down on stupid. I'm predicting that this move is so bad that either Ryan will step aside for personal reasons before election day, or not only with Romney/Ryan lose in a landslide, but the House will go back to the Dems on Obama's coattails. Republicans really should be worried now, yet they are dancing in the streets. It's hilarious. By the way, Intrade has moved three cents already in favor of Obama being re-elected. It will be interesting to see where he is at the end of the day.

That the failed Ryan plan is now part of the presidential debate is alone damning evidence as to the idiocy of Romney’s VP pick. It is truly indicative of a republican ticket clueless as how to ‘fix’ the economy.

Because entitlements ARE unsustainable in their current form. They eat up two-thirds of the budget (that is, when we had a budget :rolleyes:), and unless they're saved through reforms, they won't be there at all.

Politically, the Ryan pick redirects the national debate back to the issues and neatly puts Obama off his class warfare message. His plan was to make this election about Bain Capital and make Romney out as an out-of-touch Wall Street guy. Overnight, Romney became the REFORM candidate, a man who does have a plan and a budget and thus illustrates that Obama has none.

It's a tough slog, admittedly. Democrats will do their best to frighten seniors for political gain. But tough as it is, this is a conversation we NEED to have. These programs won't be there at all if nothing is done to save them, and already we have a problem with Medicare patients being limited and even turned away.

bad news for Democrats and Obama...tsk tsk
links in article at site

SNIP:
Rasmussen: Ryan favorability 39/25, 52/29 among … seniors
posted at 12:31 pm on August 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

The media has talked about Paul Ryan’s budget as an albatross that would hang from Mitt Romney’s neck with or without Ryan on the ticket, and the assumption has been that Ryan himself will also be a net negative for the GOP in November. Democrats tried to proactively damage Ryan’s standing with voters by depicting him pushing an elderly woman off of a cliff in May 2011, when Ryan first proposed his comprehensive, long-term budget reform package in May 2011. Rasmussen Reports has reminds us that a July survey showed Ryan’s favorability as mainly positive, albeit with a significant number of likely voters who need more time to make up their minds:

Mitt Romney announced this morning that Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan will be his running mate.
Earlier polling found that 39% of all voters had a favorable opinion of Ryan, while 25% offered a negative review. Thirty-five percent (35%) express no opinion of Ryan. The congressman is relatively unknown to the nation at large. Only a third of voters have a strong opinion in either direction.
Wisconsin is a state both sides consider key to the presidential election. Right now, President Obama has a modest three-point lead over Romney in the state, and it remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Electoral College Projections.
Scott Rasmussen has explained why Romney’s roll-out of his vice presidential pick is as important as the choice itself. “Most Americans will learn all they know about the new name on the ticket during the week the candidate is introduced,” he wrote in a recent newspaper column. While 69% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of Ryan, 42% of voters not affiliated with either major political party have no opinion of him one way or the other at this point.

Let’s take a look at the demos from that July poll. What leaps out from that survey is that Ryan actually does better among independents than any of the other presumed short-listers, save Condoleezza Rice, who wasn’t really shortlisted at all. Among unaffiliated voters, Ryan scores a 36/22 favorability, compared to 31/29 for Bobby Jindal, 26/28 for Tim Pawlenty, and a dismal 15/16 for Rob Portman. (Rice was 63/19 among indies.) Ryan also scores best among women, albeit with a narrow 29/25 edge.

SNIP:
For even more counterintuitive results, look at Ryan’s standing among seniors. Despite the attacks on Ryan over his budget plan, he’s easily the most liked of the short-listers among likely voters 65 years of age and over, with a 52/29 favorability rating. His “very favorable” rating of 31% in the 65+ group is more than 10 points better than the other shortlisters in the Rasmussen survey (again, save Rice). Jindal did well, too, with a 44/28, as did Pawlenty with a 40/30 and Portman at 37/26, but Ryan’s draw among seniors outpaced all of them. Ryan has plenty of room to be defined in either direction with 35% of voters overall not having an opinion, but that’s only true of 20% of seniors — and Ryan already has a majority of them on his side.

the rest here
Rasmussen: Ryan favorability 39/25, 52/29 among … seniors « Hot Air

Forum List

Back