ROMNEY/RYAN....it's the ECONOMY stupid...

why in the world would he pick ryan when there was such an uproar about him privatizing medicare with a voucher system?

sometimes I wonder if the republicans are purposely trying to lose? Are they afraid of the economic mess and don't want to get the same beating that they have given obama for it?

talk about being out of touch with Americans!

Because entitlements ARE unsustainable in their current form. They eat up two-thirds of the budget (that is, when we had a budget :rolleyes:), and unless they're saved through reforms, they won't be there at all.

Politically, the Ryan pick redirects the national debate back to the issues and neatly puts Obama off his class warfare message. His plan was to make this election about Bain Capital and make Romney out as an out-of-touch Wall Street guy. Overnight, Romney became the REFORM candidate, a man who does have a plan and a budget and thus illustrates that Obama has none.

It's a tough slog, admittedly. Democrats will do their best to frighten seniors for political gain. But tough as it is, this is a conversation we NEED to have. These programs won't be there at all if nothing is done to save them, and already we have a problem with Medicare patients being limited and even turned away.
Exactly. We need have to have an adult conversation about the very real problems we face. Obama seems to think that promising more goodies and treats will work again. Maybe it will....either way we need to get serious about the debt, entitlements, and our economy.

Yeppeee the guy who has the exact same plans that Bush did and we see where that got us.. As a middle class citizen lets take 10 steps backwards, and get screwed over again.

Well then vote for Obama, we are all so much more well off today from his policies..
just overlook that 8.2% unemployment
my gas prices today, 3.60 a gallon
food prices, omg

8.2 is high but national average doesn't matter outside of a talking point.
yeah obama can't control the gas prices, no president can, but you keep trying to polish that turd..
yeah he can't control the weather ( see the drought in the middle of the nation) plus go back to gas.

But then again you are a moron, and like usual you need to prove it to us over and over again.

Yeppeee the guy who has the exact same plans that Bush did and we see where that got us.. As a middle class citizen lets take 10 steps backwards, and get screwed over again.

Well then vote for Obama, we are all so much more well off today from his policies..
food prices, omg

yeah obama can't control the gas prices, no president can, but you keep trying to polish that turd..
yeah he can't control the weather ( see the drought in the middle of the nation) plus go back to gas.

But then again you are a moron, and like usual you need to prove it to us over and over again.

awww, the troll pops in to spew his usual...yawn yawn yawn

food prices, omg

Gasoline was $4.12 under president bush in 2008 before the crash....were you whining about your gas prices then?

why in the world would he pick ryan when there was such an uproar about him privatizing medicare with a voucher system?

sometimes I wonder if the republicans are purposely trying to lose? Are they afraid of the economic mess and don't want to get the same beating that they have given obama for it?

Because entitlements ARE unsustainable in their current form. They eat up two-thirds of the budget (that is, when we had a budget :rolleyes:), and unless they're saved through reforms, they won't be there at all.

Politically, the Ryan pick redirects the national debate back to the issues and neatly puts Obama off his class warfare message. His plan was to make this election about Bain Capital and make Romney out as an out-of-touch Wall Street guy. Overnight, Romney became the REFORM candidate, a man who does have a plan and a budget and thus illustrates that Obama has none.

It's a tough slog, admittedly. Democrats will do their best to frighten seniors for political gain. But tough as it is, this is a conversation we NEED to have. These programs won't be there at all if nothing is done to save them, and already we have a problem with Medicare patients being limited and even turned away.
Exactly. We need have to have an adult conversation about the very real problems we face. Obama seems to think that promising more goodies and treats will work again. Maybe it will....either way we need to get serious about the debt, entitlements, and our economy.

True. If we go down, we go down fighting the REAL fight. Frankly, I like our chances. Math doesn't lie. So, yeah... we're gonna have to get wonky with America. But that sure as hell beats spending the whole campaign defending baseless personal smears meant to manipulate voters emotionally.

food prices, omg

8.2 is a "talking point"...??....tell that to the unemloyed.....:mad:

obama prevents our drilling yet he supports others' drilling.....including communists right next to us in the Carribean.....:mad:

no he can't control the weather....just the rising of the tides...:rolleyes:
in any case food prices have been rising BEFORE the drought....

food prices, omg

Gasoline was $4.12 under president bush in 2008 before the crash....were you whining about your gas prices then?

Yes, I was screaming about them then! I am now that the average here is around $4.19 and rising. With the price of corn by September, Obama's economy is going to be the focus. Not a better person than Ryan to talk about it.

food prices, omg

sure did, but they went back down...gas hasn't been under 3.00 a gallon since obama has been in office

Gasoline up 100% under Obama

SNIP:
Feeling pain at the pump? Gas prices have doubled since Mr. Obama took office. According to the GasBuddy gasoline price tracking web site, the price of a gallon of regular gas was around $1.79 when Mr. Obama took office. Today the national average is $3.58. The lowest average price in the continental United States is $3.31 in Tulsa Oklahoma, the highest is $4.14 in Santa Barbara, CA
Gasoline up 100% under Obama - Washington Times

food prices, omg

I am not a troll..
Its easy to sit back and throw out rude remarks intimate and use small words to others with your rose colored glasses on.
So far what I heard from you is from simply someone who hasn't a clue about the trying to get the street poor clean and off the $$ services. What you wrote about that shows me that you only see one side and haven't really seen the pain of others trying to really make it but can't. It used to be only drunks and addicts out there before the unnecessary Bush $$ Cheney war, now its families and mostly mentally ill with out care because they need to be a threat to themselves or another to get any help.

food prices, omg

With the price of corn by September, Obama's economy is going to be the focus..

HAAAA Haaaaa I was waiting to hear someone blaming Obama for the up rise price of corn and soon the cost of food too. I guess the drought was his fault too:lol:..

The Democratic focus will now shift to attacking Ryan personally (look at his hair!! His brother is a drunk!! He bullied a fag once!!) and his budget proposal.

The personal attacks will wither and fade quickly and then Obama and his filthy minions will have to discuss the one thing they hate discussing- Obama's dismal record of failure on the economy. Good choice!! :thup:

you cant even say the name of my party without insulting it you dishonest clown

my dear, there isn't anything Democratic about the Democrat party of today..
like we don't hear Repugs, Repukes, etc etc referred to the Republican party...

good grief

Amen.

I am not a troll..
Its easy to sit back and throw out rude remarks intimate and use small words to others with your rose colored glasses on.
So far what I heard from you is from simply someone who hasn't a clue about the trying to get the street poor clean and off the $$ services. What you wrote about that shows me that you only see one side and haven't really seen the pain of others trying to really make it but can't. It used to be only drunks and addicts out there before the unnecessary Bush $$ Cheney war, now its families and mostly mentally ill with out care because they need to be a threat to themselves or another to get any help.

The problem you're going to have with that argument is that almost everyone knows someone who's gaming the system. And because we do, we see the waste of our tax dollars. Make no mistake, from today on... the debate is about MATH. It's about the unsustainable nature of our welfare state and the importance of refocusing on the truly needy as opposed to the layabouts we can no longer afford to support. It's about putting people back to work who can work.

With the price of corn by September, Obama's economy is going to be the focus..

HAAAA Haaaaa I was waiting to hear someone blaming Obama for the up rise price of corn and soon the cost of food too. I guess the drought was his fault too:lol:..

It's all that hot air he emits. :eusa_whistle:

Terrible choice. Florida is now Obama's and AZ may be in play. Obama couldn't have picked a better running mate for Romney.

Terrible choice, indeed. Not only are the votes of seniors in jeopardy but also those who believe responsible fiscal reform means something fair and equitable. The Ryan ‘plan’ was neither.

Only because you guys on the left will lie and try to convince seniors that Romney/Ryan want to end Medicare.
Any changes to Medicare will be for those under the age of 55 and there woulod be choices that individuals would be able to make.
I would think that most thinking people woulkd like the idea of being able to control some of their deductions.

Promising treats and goodies works quite well in training a dog.

That's the democrat plan. Dog training.

See how willing they are to stop insulting while they insult ?

stop complaing about getting insulted if you ar too childish to stop insulting

So which is it going to be ? Are you going to hold your breath, or stomp your feet ?

food prices, omg

It was about $1.80 when Bush left office. Oops, forgot about that didn't you ?

I am not a troll..

which points directly at the ECONOMY stupid.....

lots and lots of people are in pain....lost homes......no jobs.....or one paycheck away from homelessnes......tons more on food stamps......so what has Obama done exactly to FIX the ECONOMY.....?

Forum List

Back